At Last!! A Phantom Baby!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapestry Minis

Reaction score
It's been a long time waiting but finally we have a healthy Phantom baby. All we have been able to discern is there was something in the environment that was causing all our losses. Hopefully now that we are out of there we hope for better luck for next years foals. Thank you for look and with no further ado here is Lil Red (no offical name just yet) He has 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye and a gorgeous head like daddy. I wish his mom many blue ribbons in the future!

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Phantom09Colt.jpg

PICT0089-edit.jpg

Very smart colt...I guess quality just makes up for lack of quantity!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice boy. Many congratulations to you.

Hope you'll have a lot of fun with that little guy.

Congrats on the colt! I love his color and blue eye!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your beautiful boy!

Congratulations to you! Very handsome boy.
default_smile.png

All we have been able to discern is there was something in the environment that was causing all our losses.
I think this is way more common than most people realize. High numbers of foal losses, dystocias and even fetal deformities need to be looked at as more than just genetic.

Congratulations on a beautiful little boy! And good luck being back at home!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I unfortunately can't take credit for him as he belongs to a friend of mine who purchased the mare bred to Phantom. I'm just so relieved as Becky said to know it's not any of our horses that were having the issue. It was something else.

Sorry for my delayed response we just got internet hook up at our new house so I've not been able to send my Thanks till now.

Ok one more
default_wub.png

PICT0009-edit.jpg

He is a handsome fella!

Does that mean you are still having trouble on your own farm? If so I am very sorry! I had a friend that owned a dairy farm near a huge set of hydro towers and they had huge losses continually until they sold and moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Milo ....The problem was happening in Texas and we have moved back to Idaho. I hope and pray that cures our issue. This little boys new home was only a town over from where we were. The vets and several other people I've talked to believe it was something in the soil. Hard to tell cause a farm just diagonal from me were having foals. So it was very difficult to pin it on anything. Hope it's all behind us now
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back