ASPC/AMHR horses question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
Okay, I just found the most amazing stallion who has just blown my mind. Inspiration is just flowing.

I am finding myself trying to grapple the idea of creating something THAT nice and of course my first question starts with registration.

The stallion in quest is AMHR/ASPC and I was under the understanding that you couldn't breed an ASPC to an AMHR bred horse. Correct? BUT, what if you bred an ASPC/AMHR registered pony to a JUST an AMHR registered pony?

(I'm not buying anything, but this stallion and his get are going to be under my radar!)

Okay people. Enlighten me because I know NOTHING about Shetlands.

Yes, if the stallion is ASPC/AMHR you can breed him to an AMHR mare and the foal will be able to be registered AMHR as well. The foal cannot be ASPC registered. And you are correct--if you breed ASPC to AMHR the foal is not eligible for either ASPC or AMHR registration.

Yes, if the stallion is ASPC/AMHR you can breed him to an AMHR mare and the foal will be able to be registered AMHR as well. The foal cannot be ASPC registered. And you are correct--if you breed ASPC to AMHR the foal is not eligible for either ASPC or AMHR registration.
Thanks! I'm really liking what I'm seeing in the Foundation Shetlands/AMHR ponies.

Latest posts

Back