ASPC-AMHR Convention Info

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man life is wonderful. You just don't know what each day is going to bring. You wake up thinking that it is just another day and low and behold something that you have dreamed about for years, becomes a reality. I truly thank those that have worked toward this goal for me and others. I bet if you put the stick on me today, I would be a little taller. Renee

I feel an ad coming on. I am going to join that outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man life is wonderful. You just don't know what each day is going to bring. You wake up thinking that it is just another day and low and behold something that you have dreamed about for years, becomes a reality. I truly thank those that have worked toward this goal for me and others. I bet if you put the stick on me today, I would be a little taller. Renee I feel an ad coming on. I am going to join that outfit.

default_saludando.gif
I ditto that...and PROUDLY SO!
default_wub.png

That said....and in light of this AWESOME NEWS....it does help to better understand NOW...the "why" of at least "some" of the proposals for change within the registry...some points are still confusing to me...but I'm learning.
default_wink.png

I am really happy as well that we opted for AMHR to join USEF. USEF has wanted this for a while as I understood it. It was AMHR that was holding back. Many people are unhappy about the fees and I understand that, but I see it as a positive step. I had the opportunity to spend some time with Laurie this summer and she is an awesome, positive* individual that is all about promoting the Shetland pony and the Miniature horse through USEF. They want more participation from us and are willing to work to help us in many ways.

edit to add *enthusiastic

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a member of USEF through showing Freisians, and my roommate showing dressag. I have always wondered why AMHR hadn't tried to get under USEF as they are a great form of advertisement and offer many services and discounts on services.

Karen - So if I am reading correctly, I show be urging my shows to pay more for the show to bcome a USEF rcongized show also and get points for USEF. I am just trying to figure out what it will take to get USEF points in order to be eligable for the awards they offer.
default_biggrin.png

I am really excited that this has happened!! It's about time miniatures have become a recongized breed!!

Amanda

I'm just trying to understand what we are getting /"paying for" by joining USEF. Seems to me if everyone is a member then the shows you go to should not have to have liablity insurance. (I'm sure this is not the case but that's why I need more 'esplaining, Lucy".) Like I said I went to their site and I'm not good with computers but I couldn't find a flat "this is what we do and why you should join etc."

Hi Squeaky,

In visiting with Lori Nelson at Convention, they are going to look into what will work for our associaition in regards to any club show being recognized by USEF. Since we are a bit different in what and how our horses are shown they will probably create a program for us. Yes, I would probably pay a fee of about $35 (I have to pay a fee to the Registry anyway for our shows, and our club is a recognized club of the ASPC/AMHR), if by paying the USEF fee to recognize us, then I'll be sure it gets paid. By being recognized by USEF, we (our horses) will therefore get to reap some of their benefits of the awards. It's still something very new with them so when they get the kinks worked out it should be something that every sanctioned ASPC/AMHR show would want to do. We just have to give them time to look into it. It may not happen for 2010, but I would suspect it could for 2011.

Sandee:

I think you are getting two things confused. The USEF personal liability is included in their membership fee. Go re-read what I posted there. All sanctioned club shows with the ASPC/AMHR HAS TO HAVE a 1 Million dollar liability policy on file with the Registry. 2008 ASPC/AMHR Rulebook, page 58 #4: Proof of Insurance-sanctioned shows must carry General Liability Insurance with a minium $1,000,000.00 aggregate limit. Shows will not be sanctioned until such proof is on file in the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Show Department. For those that don't know, a General Liability policy protects the club up to the 1 Million for any accidents that might occure where the club would be liable. The ASPC/AMHR will also be named as an "Additional Named Insured" which also protects them and most of the time your show facilities will also be included as an "Additional Name Insured" Depending on what insurance companies are used as to how much your policy will cost. My club's 1 Million dollar policy covers three shows that are three full days and I pay for a policy that is for a year (Mine runs 3-9-09-3-9-10). We have to fill out a questionair that ask lots of questions as to what we do and don't do.

The USEF site is very easy to navigate and you need to go to the left side and click on the different side bars to see what is under each heading.

Good questions.

Karen

Back