Arghhhhhh, Cant stand my Mum sometimes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL nicole i love the first oneof you and Royal (think thats royal ...?)

I hate Muzzles very much ..never would or could use one. A picture would be nice.

Since your mom has allot of horse knowlege i would have her guess the weight of your horse ...thats a simple one.

I dont get along well with my parentts ..well i didnt untill a couple month ago. But i still listened to there advice even if it seemed pretty out there. My sister is the only one i do not really get along with much, we dont 'see eye to eye' i guess. I do get mad sometimes but i just blow it off and move on with life. Talking back will not change things ..beleive me. Now this horse could be prone to being fat. Im pretty sure my mare is, but she has also been used as a broodmare. I showed agianst a horse that was pretty overweight and it kicked my butt in halter but then coco and i were not having a 'great day' either.

Leeana

I gotta love Lisa
wub.gif
smile.gif
She always looks at every perspective and is very fair with her opinion....others on here ( Uuhumm*cough*) jump to conclusions and assume different ideas.

Thanks Lisa
aktion033.gif
I agree completely...

Secret, I would talk to your mom and ask why she thinks that way...and maybe you can compromise or see her side of the situation.

-Kris

PS....be VERY careful on here with these types of posts...some people can be a little rude about this kind of stuff, dont be put down by the rude comments
no.gif
I wish you the best of luck
yes.gif

Hey Secret, whereabouts in New Zealand do you live??

If you can't manage to post a pic, email me one and I'll post it for you. My email address is on my website (click on the link in my signature).
smile.gif

God, sorry if I offended people with the topic title! Altho some people have hit the nail right on the head, "We have all been teens once and I think everyone knows how Im feelin!" Secret is severly overweight and wether he is happy or not he is unhealthy and at risk of health problems. Thankyou to those who support me, especially Gage and Lisa!! Some people are being mean and inconsiderate - you've all been teenagers before and felt the same with your parents! Think about my feelings!!
sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If you say your mother is knowlegable--- then do as she says.

Sorry, but I am just really confused right now. This pony gets a handful of grain a day, sometimes a carrot, and 2 hours of grass. Now, tell me if I am wrong, but how in the world can he severly overweight? Are you sure he isn't just wormy?

Edited for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
<sigh> I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread, since I've pretty much lost interest. Five pages now and we still don't know what this animal weighs....

However, I do want to reply to Lisa's post that we were all kids ourselves once and probably said some pretty rude things about our parents. I couldn't agree more! But now that we're older and hopefully much wiser (not to mention that many of us are now mothers), I see nothing wrong with disapproving of disrespectful talk to or about a youth's parents. Just because "we" did it, doesn't make it right. If "we" smoked pot or did any number of other things we shouldn't have, does that make it right or okay for our kids to do it? No.

Sunny, I too have had this post bother me. I was a teen once and I didn't always agree with my Mom either. And, I may have talked with my friends and vent to them with my feelings but times have changed and now teens use forums such as this to vent their feelings and that is what bothers me too. There is a big difference in your friends and a forum.

We as adults can relate to Secret22's feelings but making a statement to a forum that is public shows IMO a lack of respect for her Mom. Mom's and daughters usually butt heads but Mom's most of the time are the one's who teach us about the hard knocks of life.

I am in no way trying to come down on Secert22 but I would like her to give her Mom the respect she deserves. None of us has a clue as to what this horse looks like and it just might be a Mom that knows just a little bit more about this horse than me. If this horse is getting the amount of food Secret22 says then there is a problem somewhere. I know some horses it seems can breathe air and get fat but something is not right with this picture.

Secret22 I appologize to you if you think that I'm bashing you, please know that I'm not. I would give anything if I had my Mom to talk with today. I lost her 2 years ago and the person that I am today I owe to her and my Dad. I know you really didn't mean what you said but be carefull with the words that you say because it can really cause you hurt in the long run.

Hope everything works out for you.

Judy

Not going to judge you or your mom, but rather offer an equitable solution:

Call your vet (or two different ones) and have them make a farm visit, or haul him in. Your VET will be quickly able to determine the horse's body condition, assess the current diet and activity rate, and then also help you determine the BEST feeding plan for your little guy, depending on his age, current weight/activity as well as what he's eating now.

This way, you can have an expert's advice and there is no arguing that. If you have to, maybe wait til the vet comes out to the farm for another call or whatever to save the farm call fee, etc.

I agree that photos would be good, as well as weight/age/height/activity level and even an idea of his actual diet and the makeup of that diet. Some horses have conditions that cause them to be fat, but they can in fact be malnourished. Other horses are hard to keep weight on, even minis.

Some of my minis get almost as much feed as my Arabian used to, and right now, my minis are on winter pasture a lot of the day as well as almost free choice hay.

My vet likes my feeding program and my minis' condition. He likes that I keep them on the svelte side for the most part, and therein is a job for me sometimes, but I do what I have to.
smile.gif

I hope this works and I hope your mom and you can come to an agreement about your individual concerns. Miniatures are also prone to hyperlipidimia (oh, I don't know if I spelled that correctly), but I believe it is more likely to happen in overweight horses and it causes real problems and possibly even death, so whatever is done, if he's super fat, you need to be careful w/the diet either way.
smile.gif

Liz M.

Hyperlipidemia can happen in a grossly overweight horse or pony BUT it can also be caused by suddenly dieting that overweight horse or pony.

I just cannot see how your pony can be "grossly" overweight on the feed you are giving him.

I think you need to talk this out with your Mother- you have seen pictures of Minis in show condition and you have decided Secret is overweight- I am pretty sure that is what has happened!!

Secret is not a Mini he is a Pony and I am not sure when your Halter classes start or how many you are planning on putting him in but you need to talk this through with your Mother, and not exaggerate the facts (Now calm down, I am NOT "accusing" you of anything I juts happen to know young people and how they will "gear" the facts in order to make their point!!
yes.gif
)

As I and others keep saying, there is NO way we are going to agree he is over weight and you should diet him when there are many, many other things that could be the case, including the fact that he might not be over weight at all, and your Mother could (now here is a radical thought) actually be right
smile.gif

No-one on this thread is trying to bash you, but, if you wanted people to just agree with you, you have come to the wrong place.

If you wish to vent about troubles with your Mother, you might be better off doing it on the Youth Forum.

If you genuinely want help, with your Mother, with your Pony, whatever, then give us ALL the facts and we will try to do just that.

At the moment we STILL do not know how much he weighs, how big he is exactly (You will have to know that in order to show him) and we also need a picture of him and a run down on his exercise regime.

You cannot diet a pony by cutting back on it's food, you do have to "condition" by exercise if you are going to show, as anyone on here will tell you.
yes.gif

Your last posts bothers me, Im sorry.

God, sorry if I offended people with the topic title! Altho some people have hit the nail right on the head, "We have all been teens once and I think everyone knows how Im feelin!" Secret is severly overweight and wether he is happy or not he is unhealthy and at risk of health problems. Thankyou to those who support me, especially Gage and Lisa!! Some people are being mean and inconsiderate - you've all been teenagers before and felt the same with your parents! Think about my feelings!!

1st. No one here (Exept one person) Was very mean and inconsiderate and not thinking of your feelings.

2nd. You havent given any thought to those of us who added what you could/should do. Blew right past that obviously. Which tells me your not interested in hearing what we have to say unless it starts with "I totally agree with you..."

3rd. We cant say whether we agree with your or not BECAUSE was have yet to know a weight on him or see a current picture. You sent me a couple pictures of him and I can tell you right there he is not "severly overweight and wether he is happy or not he is unhealthy and at risk of health problems"

Sorry.

New_Image said:
Your last posts bothers me, Im sorry.

1st. No one here (Exept one person) Was very mean and inconsiderate and not thinking of your feelings.

2nd. You havent given any thought to those of us who added what you could/should do. Blew right past that obviously. Which tells me your not interested in hearing what we have to say unless it starts with "I totally agree with you..."

3rd. We cant say whether we agree with your or not BECAUSE was have yet to know a weight on him or see a current picture. You sent me a couple pictures of him and I can tell you right there he is not "severly overweight and wether he is happy or not he is unhealthy and at risk of health problems"

Sorry.

524620[/snapback]

Okay. Now, I was bothered by this (has NOTHING to do with you Nicole).

Secret, you send her pictures, yet you can't show us? So basically, you have had the pictures the whole time while, while you didn't show them to us. Now, if you had posted those pictures a while back, you would have solved alot of confusion. But, I guess you didn't, seeing as he might actually not be severly overweight. Don't think we all would have attacked you and been "mean". Because no, we all are here to help you, even if what we say seems "mean".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back