apple wood perches

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can google this question for more opinions, but most I'm reading with a quick search say apple wood perches should be okay. Other sources mention a possibility of these types of branches being toxic at a certain (non-specified) time of the year. Personally, I would rather buy perches than use the natural ones because of all the crap they spray on the apple trees around here. (My 'tiel has three different kinds of branches to choose from, including a swing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mininik

I will do a serch in the morning. The trees are mine and I don't spray them so I am safe on that one.

I wouldnt think they would be toxic but ya just never know.

I was just thinking that my bird would have fun ripping off the bark.

Thanks.

I have big parrots, and dont use applewood as perches, since the only natural wood we have that they cant chew apart in a matter of minutes is ironwood..I use that for perches. I do put applewood branches in for them to "keep them content" by shredding the bark off. and making toothpicks out of the branch. :bgrin I have been doing this for years, and have never had any problems. We have our own trees, so I know they are not sprayed. Corinne

Latest posts

Back