APHA Receives a major FAIL!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacie

Reaction score
So I was given this paint who has no transfer papers. he has a pedigree, but no signed certificate... He's been passed on alot and I guess he just kept getting passed down.. So I looked into their little program to track owners down.. All I see is FEE, FEE, FEE, FEE... BLAH BLAH BLAH.... FEE FEE FEEEEEEEEE! Buuut, WE STILL MIGHT NAUGHT BE ABLE TO HALP YEW!!1 It's going to cost over $200 to get this horse IN MY NAME! I wanted to change his name, and it was going to cost $100. Forget that BS - I will just register him Pinto, and whoever else comes up can hassle with it if they want. (And yes, I'm a full member, and I have been for three years consistently!!!) When I joined the APHA, you could look up pedigrees online.. But now, all you can do online is stallion reports (as if I need that with 2 geldings!) and you have to pay an ADDTIONAL 15 bucks (from the $30+ yearly fee) to view online pedigrees! It's complete idiocy!

I understand now why everyone I know who owns an APHA registered horse, switched to pinto. I emailed PtHA in regards to my membership card and how I feared I wouldn't have it for the upcoming show. I got an email within 12 hours! WITH A COPY OF MY CARD! I never expected such a quick reply, or such willing staff.

I'm just really ticked >8[ If it wasn't obvious... I sent them a stern email... Thankfully my membership expires in September. Oh well. $30 per year saved, right?! PtHA for the win! \o/

Last edited by a moderator:
Would that $200 get him into your name, or that would just let you track down his last recorded owner, who may or may not give you a signed transfer?

If the $200 would get the papers into your name I would have thought that it would be worth it. If you have no investment in the horse, since he was given to you, how can he not be worth the $200 it takes to bring his paperwork up to date? If that amount of money is just to search out the owner, then that's different.

I don't really get where you are coming from. There is a huge difference between APHA and pinto.

-headdesk- I have two paint horses who are regular registry - meaning they have WHITE. I've only really been interested in showing APHA (even though the indiana club people running the booth were extremely rude, and thought they started the show in central time, when they didn't. But apparently we're stupid about the time zones even though we freaking live here.) My instructor has really been pushing PtHA showing - which offers just as much competition oppurtunities in a more laid back atmosphere. From what I know, all he's been showing is Pinto lately too - but seeing as how the APHA has become a complete PITA about doing anything within the association - I can't really blame every APHA member/owner I know for merging over into Pinto and I finally understand why they're all doing it. I wasn't aware that the APHA had enforced so many fees. So why not switch over where there's just as many competition oppurtunities, better people and a more economical way of showing?

Minimor - yes, that's just to start tracking the owner(s) down. This in no way garuntees that I will have the horse in my name at the end of the process. $200 to get the horse registered would be eeeeasy and worth the investment like you said because I do plan on training and selling him so I can keep buying prospects and projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I became a pinto member last year and I have to say their office staff is top notch and so friendly. Their shows are really fun!

-nods- I've been considering registering Rizer into their breeding stock program so he can tag along with my other show horse. He can only show halter in Indiana Pinto but heck, he's a weanling - that's all he's really supposed to show in XD I really want to attend their congress this fall

Is it just me or does that sound like an awesome service? I'd gladly pay that for help of that nature... any other registry would laugh at you and say have fun, let us know when you want to file the ownership papers.

Latest posts

Back