AOTE Sr. Mare Class at Worlds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&HMinis

Reaction score
I just noticed on the AMHA website that the results for the AOTE Sr. Mare class changed. Why would that happen?

What changed? Could it happen if a horse flunked a drug test? I know they were taking random samples and I expect the results would take awhile. Now I am just guessing, so I sure don't want to start any rumors.

It looks like people moved up in the placings.

They also have the same horse/Amateur placing both 3rd & 4th.

The person owning the horse inadvertently gave her horse to a non-family member to show in an open class and disqualified her self from the win.

Oh!
default_sad.png

We had a similar thing happen in 2000 I think when we were down showing our stallion in AOTE. A certain AOTE handler got Reserve and our boy took 3rd and then for open a trainer took that horse in and won with him and they still kept their placings
default_wacko.png
??? SO not sure why they would change that now since the AOTE class was over, they say it doesn't matter because it is a new year at that point for AOTE. It was very upsetting to us but they would not do anything about it. Horse kept the placing and points for both AOTE and Open. The horse was AOTE all year so was qualified for the class.

I copied this out of the rule book Bluestar. The rules have since been adjusted as needed since 2000. Apparently that was a problem what happened in your class so it has since been changed.

d. A horse will be declared an AOTE horse when it enters

its first AOTE class of the calendar year. Prior to being

declared, the AOTE horse must abide by the AOTE

rules starting on January 1st. The AOTE horse must

be shown under the AOTE guidelines for one calendar

year starting on January 1st regardless of the

class entered (including open division classes).

e. A declared AOTE horse may be removed from the

AOTE program by submitting the AOTE Opt-Out

Declaration form to the AMHA Office. The AOTE Opt-

Out Form must be on file with the Office prior to the

AOTE horse being trained, conditioned, groomed, or

show by a professional trainer. The Opt-Out

Declaration will not be accepted during the course of

any show. Fees-See Fee Schedule. AOTE Honor

Roll Points for the calendar year will be lost when the

Opt-Out Form is submitted to the AMHA Office.

f. Should a declared AOTE horse be sold during the calendar

year it was designated for, an AOTE Opt-Out

Declaration Form must be submitted to the Office

prior to, or with the Transfer of Ownership or Lease.

Once a horse has been sold, it must wait until the following

calendar year to enter AOTE classes.

g. The AOTE horse and handler may show in their

appropriate Amateur Level 1 or 2 class or open division

class.

h. Failure to abide by the AOTE rules once AOTE horse

has begun showing within a given calendar year will

result in the following penalties.

1. Violations at Local/Championship/World Shows.

The declared AOTE horse will be disqualified from all

classes at the show where the violation occurred.

The AOTE horse will forfeit its AOTE status for the

remainder of the calendar year it was declare for. The

Amateur will be subject to the AMHA Disciplinary

Committee.

Thanks for the info!! Glad it got changed because it was so wrong when it happened in 2000!! Maybe our gripes were actually heard this time. I am happy that the rules is now in place and makes it fair and where everyone has a chance>
default_yes.gif

I never put two and two together until you mentioned that Margo. I know the horse and breeder and trainer you mentioned as I knew what happened, but it never occurred to me about the horse's name that referenced the incident. A lightbulb just went off in my head. Is the horse a dilute?...
default_unsure.png

In our case the horse was not a dilute, he was red. As far as the incident Margo is describing or the one this year, I have no idea.

What happened was that a rule change was submitted to the office by a member. The office then did the necessary paper work and sent the proposed rule change to the correct committee. The committee then recommended the proposed rule change to the board. The board then accepted the committee’s recommendation and instructed the office to publish the proposed rule change so it could be voted on by the membership. The membership passed the change and the rule was in effect the following year.

Please don't gripe . If you think something needs changed just write up a proposed rule change and submit it to the office. If you need help writing it up, the office can direct you to someone who can help you. You must however be a member of AMHA to submit a proposed rule change.

The AOTE rule in question is an easy one to screw up. Most of the time the person just forgets and asks someone for help showing. I am sure they are kicking themselves real hard and the person who helped them is sorry they didn't ask if it was an AOTE animal.

I want to apologize for making an unwarranted assumption about the naming of a horse. I am grateful to the individual who contacted me privately to point out the possibility of flaws in my reasoning in forming what was simply an opinion; on reflection, I realized I was incorrect to make such an assumption, and for that, I am truly sorry. I asked a moderator to remove my post (though I have now been made aware that I could have done so myself.)

My opinion that the 'original' structure of the AOTE rule involved was vague,'too' open to interpretation,and therefore,not enforceable, still stands. I believe said rule is 'better', though not perfect, in its construction now, and thus, was properly enforced in this year's situation at World.

Again, my sincere apologies to all concerned.

Margo

Latest posts

Back