Anything goes -If you cannot take the heat Do Not Read.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They better not go through my kids bagged lunch and throw stuff away. sheesh. Hadn't heard that one or it would have been in my gripes. Throwing away food would be unacceptable, going through my kids bag and embarrassing them would unleash the Kracken .

Sorry I let loose a Kracken rant folks. I just couldn't help myself.

Come on Reo, Rant.

Ok, no more food talk for me. I've decided that for the rest of today my 'Mama Bear' personality will be hibernating & I'll spend the next few hours living in the land of rainbows & unicorns..........
default_new_rofl.gif

Want to know another gripe?? I had to teach my oldest daughter (7) how to lose yesterday. She wanted to race to the car, 'last one in is a rotten egg!' (of course, she was 3 steps away & I was closing the gate 20 yards away) so I locked the car & moseyed up and got in before unlocking her door. The whole time this was going on I was laughing with her and we were joking around. She usually wins her little races & then proceeds to rub it in nonstop. I had noticed at her last couple soccer games she would get extremely upset when the other team scored & it really got me thinking. So anyways, a little while after we are in the car (amidst the giggling), she starts bawling out of the blue, & between sobs she says "I always win, or at least get a prize even if I don't. You aren't being fair mom! You're not being fair!" Ok.... come again!? When is life fair? I can't begin to tell you how many articles I have read about how we cater to our kids. Dang right I do. I'm the type that LIKES to be needed. I WANT to do things for my kids. It makes me feel GOOD to be able to do it. But what do I get? I kid who expects to get that participation ribbon because heaven forbid someone make her feel inferior to someone else. As a parent, I don't want my kid to feel inferior ever. But as a woman, I want her to know that just because she can't jump as high as someone else, it doesn't mean that she can't run faster. Does that make sense? It's like how now instead of taking her school shopping, we send $20 to school, & the teacher provides all supplies because it wasn't fair that some kids had character folders while other kids had plain jane. Yup.... we are creating monsters... And I have to use the 'rip-the-band aid-off method to help my daughter become a stronger, more independent girl. (Ok, this is controversial...) Shorthorsemom, what have you started?! You have me on a rantin' rockin' ROLL today!!!

Oh look! A rainbow.....!

How about the husband that didn't know his wife killed 7 babies and put them in the garage?

That was a horrifying story Ashley.

How about his one.. The Bundy cattle dispute over the Desert Tortoise? Well studies have confirmed that the more cattle, the more tortoises.. Turns out the endangered Tortoise eat cow poopie. Its full of protein and water and essential for the survival of the Desert Tortoise and grazing of the cattle on that land is good for the endangered tortoise. In addition, the grazing of the cattle reduces the chances of brush fire too.

And for anybody else looking... I heard that the BLM euthanized hundreds of those endangered Tortoises that the Bundys are supposedly endangering. Sheesh.

The world is getting crazy.

The Bundy cattle dispute is not over and is worth reading about folks. Reid's son Rory Reid was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a 5 billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin Nevada. A deal that was pushed through with the aid of senator Reid. When a document was discovered on BLM website confirming the seizure of Bundys cattle was about kicking the cattle rancher the land to make way for solar energy projects the BLM deleted the web page. Now this "save the turtle" campaign is really about bullying somebody off the land for reasons that have nothing to do with turtles.

I found the biblical reference to the blood moon rather intriguing. Some very interesting stuff in the news lately. Like for instance... the KFC Chicken Corsage... Just in time for the prom you can buy a chicken corsage that will make your dates eyes light up and her mouth water. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I had heard from resident ranchers that the turtle dispute was in the 90's and that this wasn't solely about that... more about him running too many without paying his fees. And he had his cattle in no-graze areas.... But again, you see/read/hear so many stories it's hard to sort it all out. Sigh...

As for the baby story- that one makes me physically ill. Horrifying, simply horrifying.

Ron Paul has expressed concern that the BLM (and imho whoever all is in those uniforms) is just regrouping and are coming back. Dingy Harry even said with a smirky grin that it's not over. Excuse being that Bundy owes more than a million for fees, no doubt mostly fines. Meanwhile the millions Harry has made from shady real estate deals/land development are earning him lots of interest. I believe illegals coming here and getting free food and healthcare and paying no taxes concerns me lots more than a hard working ranching digging in and refusing to be uprooted like the 52 other families. We don't bother to protect our borders and "stand down" and let 4 of our own be massacred in Benghazi. Yet, we send in hundreds to steal cattle and threaten the citizens supporting the cattle rancher. I knew a few months ago something was going down simply because of all the jobs in BLM announced on USAJOBS. All you have to do is take notice. Jobs announced in Turkey a few years ago, TSA jobs, Homeland Security Jobs, IRS jobs, and so on so forth. It is almost like a map to the future. I fear that the ranch and supporters are going to get Janet Reno'd.

And yes, it is sad that the woman killed her babies and put them in the garage. It is also very sad that the powers that be are trying to force Hobby Lobby to include killing babies in their employees healthcare when they are the owners, and they did "build this", and it is against their beliefs to provide abortifacents (sp?). Hobby Lobby pays their employees well. I pray the decision goes their way. Praying for a miracle. I believe it is the government that is being disrespectful to this respectable company.

Good one Vickie, nice to hear somebody else that thinks Benghazi matters. So many folks missed out on that one while the lying media glossed over the truth and the lying secretary you know who said... "what difference does it make?" Give me a break. She was just protecting her buns... I for one want to know where she was when it all went down.... and those other folks in the big white building... "where were you when Benghazi happened?"

It does matter.

Oh, and while I am on a rant here... I did not VOTE for the first lady. She was not on the ticket stub. Since when does a first lady have so much pull in our country that she can dictate what our kids eat in schools. She was not voted for, she has no training, but somehow she has power. Whats up with that.

Oh, and I also resent so much taxpayer money going for extravagant vacations of the first family...slap in the face of US citizens for so much money to be spent on frivolous things when we can barely afford food for our families and so many are out of jobs.

Oh, and that energy car plant in Delaware that cost taxpayers so much money? Well, it never sold a car.. it was recently purchased by China for no where near what it cost us.

Oh, and what did the cash for clunkers program do? Took affordable used cars off the road for folks like us to purchase and crushed them up. So much waste.

Ponies rule... You are so right...

I need a rainbow too. Teaching kids it is ok to lose and try again is a good thing. Teaching kids to work with their hands is a good thing. Entitlement is a bad is a scary concept. Teaching kids that must go to college and come out with a huge debt and then pick up the pieces when they can't find a job any easier than those who didn't go to school.

I had a friend to tell me that I was wrong if I encouraged my kids to learn a trade and that I should encourage them to leave the farm and that college was a must. She told me I had my head in the sand. . She said I was wrong if I didn't want a white collar job for my kids. I teach my kids they have a choice. Trade is a good thing. Teach them to work with their hands. if they want a higher education, then support them in that, but shuffling 18 year olds off to college when they aren't yet sure what they want to do, and paying high tuition costs when you don't have the money... Trades are not a bad thing and often can lead to further education and a paycheck while doing it.

My kids work hard, and get good grades. They love this farm and want to live on it when they get old. They want to do things like hair dressing, dog grooming, or farming. This is not a bad thing.

Ponies rule... You are so right...

I need a rainbow too. Teaching kids it is ok to lose and try again is a good thing. Teaching kids to work with their hands is a good thing. Entitlement is a bad is a scary concept. Teaching kids that must go to college and come out with a huge debt and then pick up the pieces when they can't find a job any easier than those who didn't go to school.

I had a friend to tell me that I was wrong if I encouraged my kids to learn a trade and that I should encourage them to leave the farm and that college was a must. She told me I had my head in the sand. . She said I was wrong if I didn't want a white collar job for my kids. I teach my kids they have a choice. Trade is a good thing. Teach them to work with their hands. if they want a higher education, then support them in that, but shuffling 18 year olds off to college when they aren't yet sure what they want to do, and paying high tuition costs when you don't have the money... Trades are not a bad thing and often can lead to further education and a paycheck while doing it.

My kids work hard, and get good grades. They love this farm and want to live on it when they get old. They want to do things like hair dressing, dog grooming, or farming. This is not a bad thing.
Our son was on track to go to college, he studied hard, and we paid for tutors, so that he had the courses he'd need when (and if) he wanted to train for a 'white collar' job.In high school he didn't know what he wanted to do for sure, and he struggled with math. Teachers said, "oh don't sweat it, just drop the academics and get your high school behind you." Of course what they didn't say was that all that would qualify him to do was serve burgers and coffee. We said, do the work, its hard but we'll support your efforts and in the end you'll be able to make choices, you won't be handicapped by a poor education. Now, several years out of school, he has been given an apprenticeship in the heavy duty parts field (a rare offering here for sure - I know of very few companies willing to offer it) after being hired as a temporary shop clean up guy. He learned to work hard, do more than the minimum and he impressed the company with his integrity and willingness to try. I could not be prouder of him, he didn't go to college/university but who knows, maybe he still will, he's well under 30 and has the time but he isn't stuck in school taking classes that fill his time and shrink his future income while he decides what his place in the world will be. Ultimately it will be his choice and his options aren't limited by the choices someone else thought he should make because it was easier, hard work is what made our countries what they are today.

I read that some schools are going through some kids lunches from home and throwing away any & all food that isn't on their list of approved foods. pfffft

I'm going to leave this thread before I spew a huge rant. Not about school lunches but everything else.
I am absolutely disgusted by this! This is actually going on in Detroit! I just saw it on the local news last night!

This is the heading of the article and a small snip-it.

Parents unhappy with how principal enforces junk food policy

The parents tell FOX 2's Erika Erickson their children have said the principal, Philip Van Hooks, takes some food items away from them and throws them away. Sometimes, they say, he even eats the food right in front of their face.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25267473/parents-unhappy-with-how-principal-enforces-junk-food-policy#ixzz2z8Uhz8TV

I some of you may or may not like this station but thats not the point. The point is that someone is touching our kids food that we send with them to school. What if thats all that child has and that man takes it way from them. Is he responsible for making sure that child has something? Cant he teach them good choices rather then throw their food in the trash or eat it in front of them??? I don't know what to say... I'm kinda in shock. These people are here to guide our children not taunt them. This is someone they should trust and respect.

And, what if the kid was not trying to deceive the principal, but was trying to hide the food so they could take the food back home and not waste it. That is what my kids would do, attempt to bring the offending food back home. That principal is way out of line. Tormenting and bullying the kids is a bigger offence. sheesh.

I was going to hide for awhile since I was thinking I have been posting too much opinion and when I couldn't log onto the website last night I actually got nervous that big brother had found our little forum here and censored it and even thought I should log on when I could and delete my postings. That's what these current times has done to folks, made them nervous about their right to free speech. very sad indeed.

Don't tread on me. I am a free American and I love the USA.

LOL shorthorsemom no big brother, the server was down for a short time last night... or so I'm told, I slept through it. feel free to keep posting!

NO SHORTHORSEMOM YOU CAN'T STOP!!!!! (Yes, I'm shouting... DON'T!) Mostly because then I'll be the only ranty one haha! Seriously, I've never posted this much of my opinion just in case someone else doesn't agree. I'm a classic non-confrontational people-pleaser
default_yes.gif

Can't get the quote thing to work, but I want to acknowledge that I also did not vote for the First Lady... at all. Great comment.

And you mean to tell me that the faculty at a school, the people our kids look up to, the people we trust our kids with.... are really bullying kids like that?! Like it's a true story not just a fear? What is wrong with this world!? Seriously. Ugh.

College debt? Yup, got lots n lots n lotsa that! Enough to share, who's interested?? Does it make me smarter/better than everyone else? Nope! Just waaaayyyyy more in debt. There's a place here in town that is requiring all employees in management positions to have a 4 year degree or better. Some of those managers have been successful in their position for years, and now they are having to go back to school (in their 40's) just to keep their current job with their current pay and their current benefits. Is the company covering the costs of the degree? Some, maybe a tiny fraction, but not all. How's that work?! You mean to tell me that sitting in a classroom for 4 years is making me better at a job than actually starting at the bottom & learning the ins & outs for 4 years? Again, ugh.

As long as no one mentions "affordable healthcare" I should be good & quiet for the rest of today...

Ok, here I am again... I just can't help myself.

On the Bundy confrontation... mainstream media is trying to get him labeled as a criminal and tax evader. Where is the mainstream media outrage over the abuse of Bundy's cattle by the BLM?

BLM crammed over 300 cattle used to roaming into small holding yards where mommy cattle gave birth only to have new born calves trampled to death by the over crowding. Not enough food and water given either. No wonder folks were rallying around Bundy that knew the real story to get the cattle released. BLM trashed Bundy's containers for holding water, wrecked fencing and by flying over took sniper shots and killed prize bulls and left them lay in the dirt to die. Where is the outrage in the media over the animal abuse? Bundy took excellent care of his cattle and loves them. This is an outrage!

When folks took photos of the holding yards for the cattle and the dead animals with rifle shot holes in them, somebody got a no flyover request to stop the photographs!

Here is some interesting reading...

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/18056-war-on-the-west-why-more-bundy-standoffs-are-coming

And the harassment of a farmer...when cattle herds in the US are less in number than in 1951! Meat crisis in the making and somebody is abusing a farmer trying to raise beef? What the heck is that all about...

And did you all know... There is a disease killing piglets in the US. Millions of piglets are dead. This will affect the price of pork in addition to the Chinese buying up our pork market here in the US too. Pigs are selling very high at auction... Prepare yourselves for the price of pork to go through the roof like beef is going to go..

And the price of cows... still rising. A farmer locally here went to auction to buy 3 milk cows. He had to give $2000 per head and the best cows at auction were going for $3000 per head. Unbelievable. For those farmers that do not raise their own calves like we do, this is a huge price to pay for replacement cows.

This is good news for dairy farmers because we are finally getting paid something for our milk and feed prices have dropped some so we can better afford to feed our cows and this is why we farm. We believe that the US grown foods are the best.

Oh, and I read this morning that more schools are trying to ban flavored milks. Now that just ticks me off. There are many nutritionists that believe that less fat in milk can cause obesity because the low fat milk is more like a sugar than a protein due to no fat content. Dairy fat is good for you.

Me again...

read this...

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/foodsafety/questionable-technologoies/milk-protein-concentrates/

This is about cheap imported milk protein concentrates being brought in from other countries and are used by BIG NAME cheese makers etc... The big makers of name brand American cheeses can use this MPC concentrate to make "American cheese" and are not required to label it as "cheese food product". (this is not just about American cheeses but I am giving an example that I know will have some of you going to your refrigerator and looking at your cheese label right now)

Do you really want your kids eating American cheese that has imported chinese MPC's in it? Other countries are sending this stuff in addition to China, I am just posting an example.

Be aware of this change in the label of your favorite cheeses... read the label and avoid buying cheeses with MPC or milk protein concentrate in it. There are many choices of cheese in your grocery store that do not have this in their process. Support the US dairy farmer and refuse to buy products that have snuck that imported MPC crapola into your food and are not required to change the label to alert consumers.

Folks have much more to worry about other than labeling for GMO. And... if folks are going to jump on the GMO bandwagon they better be educated, because 1% of farmers world wide cannot grow enough non GMO food to feed everybody. Its a hype not based on reality,... but then , if most of the farmers feeding us are over 60 and not inclined to hang out on social media and are not supported by main stream media, how can they educate the masses on what is real and what is "Memorex".

This administration is allowing foreign imported crapola in our food chain driving down US farmer profits... whats up with that? MPCs are largely unregulated. WHAT?????? And putting US dairy farmers out of business, giving up because they cannot process the milk we drink and make a profit. And now that beef and dairy cow prices are through the roof because so many farmers have gone out of business, don't you think more farmers are going to be tempted to quit and sell out, especially now that their cows are worth so much money to quit?

sheesh..

As a last little note... just to make you read the article I attached..> Gov says that because MPC is heated to kill bugs it is recognized as being safe and exempt from further inspection... HOWEVER... this process does not screen for melamine ... hmmmmmmm, remember that scandal?

read please folks.

ps, this stuff is in yogurt, milks, cereal bars and lots of other products in addition to American cheese I just used for an example.

Very glad to see that 'Mom, Pony, Miss Vickie and others have picked up the banner. Having had my
"season" and failed, I hope for better results for you guys.

As to "media", I want to caution you to ALWAYS be wary of whom you are trusting. Media, is NOT news. Further I saw Becks name brought up. I would advise caution along with ALL of the talking heads. In general what you are seeing is called "controlled opposition". The mere fact that Beck and Farce Larcony (Lars Larson) is in opposition to Bundy and his Constitutionally correct position had better be speaking volumes to you. I personally know Lars to be a liar and ignore fact on a HOST of topics and ESPECIALLY Liberty issue's.

What NONE of them is doing is explaining the Constitutional nuts and bolts of WHY Bundy is correct and fedgov, as usual, is wrong. Now ol Lars KNOWS why because I made SURE that he knew. The consumption and understanding of this document that rules ALL has been missing for so long and Bundy made mention of this in his "dumbing down" comments, but he too did not explain why he is correct. Further, said explanation can be done in a "sound bite" as that is all anybody can consume anymore.

I have been watching all the Fox-trotters bring in all manner of confusion and irrelevant treaties, supposed law and anything they can think of to cloud the issue and declare the fedgov right. But never the Constitutional reason why which easily trumps the garbage they wave in front of your face.

One item came out that I thought was interesting and worthy of exploration. But no exploration was done.

The factoid being that West of the Miss., an enormous amount of land is "owned" by the fedgov. East of the Miss.? only a TINY fraction.

A followup question has us putting on our 3 and 4 y.o. persona's and asking "But WHY? The examination of why has us taking a "hero" off his pedestal and brings into question post 13th ammend. America. But that is pretty challenging for most so lets just go with why Mr Bundy is correct.

The CREATED and SERVANT (not leader) fedgov may only exercise exclusive legislation in an area 10 miles square. By "cession of States", this is washington d.c. Additionally it is important to note that said area is NOT a State. Out side of this clearly defined area, the fedgov MUST jump through hoops for it's Master, the States and we Sovereign People who comprise the States. Please note what I capitalize and what I don't. It is key.

Now the hoops mentioned are called enumerations. They are important because they clearly define what the servant may do in service to it's Master, the States. EVERYTHING not enumerated is forbidden. Specific to land, we find 3 criteria that MUST be met in order for the fedgov to "hold" any land outside of d.c.

They are as follows

1) the fedgov MUST purchase the land and at current market value.

2) the fedgov MUST have permission from the legislature of the State in which said desired lad sets.

The third hoop is MOST limiting and on purpose. Even "if" the first two criteria have been met (without fraud or coercion no less) the third puts a quick and decisive end to the topic of the fedgov. "owning" a forest or any other hunkoland.

3) The land may only be used for "the erection of Forts,Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful buildings". A forest or any other hunkoland clearly does not qualify as any of these and is therefore NOT PERMISSIBLE. There is no enumeration and therefore mechanism by which the fedgov may act in this arena.

As the fox-trotters are want to say, What about the territory's? What territory's? There are no longer any territories within the United States proper. They have been "disposed of" and are now States. All land occurring within the newly created States boundaries becomes the property of those States and NO other. Additionally those newly created States come into "the union", under the same "EQUAL footing" as the original 13 NATIONS.

Hamilton among others CLEARLY speaks to the States (creator) position OVER their creation (fedgov) in that the States never gave up any authority to the servant and that the States retained ALL authority. My own States Constitution starts with the sentence "All power is inherent (or rests with) the People. Not some of it, but ALL of it. Kinda throws the "civil" war on it's head and shows it for the butchery it really was.

The States were always supposed to be supreme over a very VERY tiny fedgov. Our founders being very KEEN students of history knew full well what they were doing and knew well also the monster that has robbed Liberty since the beginning of "governments" Might want to read the list of curses man placed himself under when he insisted in being like "all the other nations". We have existed under those curses ever since. Our country was mans best attempt to mitigate those curses by being obedient to our Creator. Ya know the same one that the founders and writers referred to. If we are no longer the People that created this government, there is no chance of recovering Liberty, because true and unassailable Liberty ONLY comes through Christ. ALL else is slavery.

Like I said my season has passed with failure. This will probably generate much hate and disbelief, but none the less it is all of it TRUTH.

Keep the torch lit my fellow travelers and be the birthright you were meant to be.

Bb

Bb, you have me a little confused, I do know that the BLM owns little to nothing here in the east, in fact I was told a few years ago that they acquired some land here on the Potomac, on the Nanjemoy pennsula and it is 90% forest. You say they can't own forest? That is were I'm confused. Oh by the way glad to have you join us again, your input has been missed.

What is the truth? You read something and view something, is it really the truth or just someones opinion? I've heard so much about this Bundy incedent I'm not sure what to believe, was it fees not paid, a Reid land grab, solar panels, whatever, I saw a post on FB were the cowboys stood up against the blm and won, the cattle were released and it was totally American. I had to believe what my eyes saw, right? Then I read the same day that in Nigeria 100 school girls were kidnapped from a public school, so I keep looking for a follow up story since it said terriosts were responsable. Shame to shed tears for young girls as you can only imagine their fate, how aweful. There are so many awful events taking place in our world that I am sure our Lord is screaming! Then our President is saying that the Offordable health care act is working, yet the conservtives are still complaining, what? ONe is saying costs are being met, while someone else is saying no way; all a farse? Who knows what to believe anymore. You can listen to one news station, and then another opinion station and you are left in the dark. Seems in order to believe anymore you have to do extensive research, dang, once you start the conversation is over because you have been looking for the truth.

Dang it Carriage, I thought that I would run out of bait and have to resort to those slimy night crawlers before you bit. Was it the Ron Paul lure that got you to bite? Anyway, so glad you are here. It is just like in one of those western movies when John Wayne is about to give up and suddenly you hear hoof beats and bugle notes from the cavalry. You are such a great teacher. {{hugs)) I have missed you and your gentle and sweet way of teaching history. Ok class, history is a lesson so take out your paper and pencils for Bb. Chances are some knowledge could rub off on you and wahlah suddenly you have wisdom.

I will chime in as a student and say State = master is a good thing/not a mean and unjust master, just as God as the master is a good thing. Hugs to ya again Bb. I told myself you might be showing support at the ranch yourself and not have time be visiting LB. And for those that worry big brother is watching what you post, well duh, of course he does. There have been overlapping agencies created just to watch what you say.

Beck got scratched from my listen to list earlier this week. I think all that yellow hair dye must have damaged his brain. Or possibly he got bit hard by the green eyed monster.

And shorthorse aka mom, I loved your post about free speech. My quote feature is either not working or my either my computer illiteracy button is on over showing me up. Remind me later and I will tell you a happy ending story about cow, owner, milk, and free speech.

Latest posts

Back