Anyone watch Heartland??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misty'smom

Reaction score
I was looking for something to watch tonight and was checking out what NetFlix had. I thought the show Heartland looked like something I might like so I went back to the first episode and started watching.......I watched 4 episodes from season 1 and I think I am hooked!!

Does anyone else watch?? I was wondering if it is on a major network? I guess I have a lot of catching up to do to the current season! It seems like a great show with a great storyline! And the bonus is it centers around horses!!!!

I'm not a regular watcher, but do catch the occasional episode. We get it in the "UP" channel, just recently changed names from GMC (at least I think that's what it was). [This channel also has 7th Heaven, Judging Amy, Touched by an Angel. Dr Quinn was on the channel, but I rarely watched it, so not sure if its still on or not.]

I've enjoyed most of the Heartland episodes that I've caught; I prefer the episodes that are more to do with horses than the family drama, but in general a decent show.

We used to have Netflix (my son subscribed when he still lived at home) and I watched it all on that. Really liked it. I have read a lot of the books.

I guess I'm the opposite. I was extremely disappointed in the series. I had read all the books as a pre-teen and the show was nothing like what I had imagined. I wish the actors could have been the same people on the book covers.

We get Heartland here. It is a Canadian series. I am hooked and have been watching it for years already. It's one of the very few television shows I watch weekly! I LOVE it!!

I read all the books first, but there was enough time between my reading the books and watching the show that I was not disappointed. LOVE IT!!!

I watched one episode and felt my brain rotting. I have a high tolerance for stupid movies and shows if there are beautiful horses to watch, but this one made me gag.

It is (or at least was) available on YouTube.

A show that I did enjoy that was somewhat horsey was McLeod's Daughters (for its first season, anyway). True, they spent too much time just brushing their horses and talking about how hard they were working, and the women all managed to look perfect even in the middle of sheep shearing, but the setting on an Aussie cattle station was nonetheless engaging and provided plenty of gorgeous scenery. Naturally, they had to ruin it; the second season is watchable, but after that...I'll just say that life is too short for junk like that.

This show is also available on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have been watching all the past seasons on NetFlex (1-4) but they do not have season 5 or 6........We do get a channel UP that is showing reruns and some of season 5. I have done some searching but can't find the other seasons. I found some short clips on You Tube but not full length episodes. iTunes only has seasons 1 & 2.

I see we are kind of split here on who likes Heartland!!!!!!! Lol But any of you fans have any idea where I could watch other than buying the seasons on DVDs, Yikes they are pretty expensive!!!!!!

I am watching an episode from season 6 on YouTube and Amy is working with some minis!!! Really cute minis too!!! I did find some of season 6 on You Tube but still looking for season 5!!

Watched the final episode of season 6 last night on YouTube last night.........Ends with Jack hurt or something worse Tim finds him on the ground after dark!?!?

Is that the last one until the new season this fall or were there some season 7 episodes???

I love that show.Can only get it on Netflix and they don't have all the seasons. Waiting to see if they will add the rest of them.

Unfortunately, I've tired before to watch from this site, but it will only play a few seconds of each video. So I think it has to do that I am in the U.S. Hopefully, Netflix will get season 5 and 6 soon.

Latest posts

Back