Anyone think this mare is in foal??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wc minis

Reaction score
This mare fooled me last year and she was not in foal. She was bred one time last year so if she is in foal she would be 334 days today. Her last foal in 2007 she foaled at 342 days. And I missed the birth because I didnt think she was ready to foal, and she was a maiden.

There are some differences in her udder from last year, it never got this size, it was alot smaller. I was able to get a little liquid from it last night and it is a clearish/yellow color and a little sticky but not much. I also swear that I have seen and felt movement only a few times the most recent a few days ago, but she just doesnt look that big to me. I have her in the barn under camera just in case, but since she fooled me last year, I am leary to believe that she is in foal. Any thoughts would be great, it is driving me crazy wondering
default_wacko.png
Thanks in advance.
default_smile.png

These were pictures from yesterday in the am:

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Than these were from this morning:

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

I can understand why you would be doubting she's pregnant since she's fooled you before, but she sure looks pregnant this year, and getting close to foaling time too.
default_smile.png
She's a pretty girl, be sure to post pictures of your foal when it arrives please!
default_smile.png

Thanks!! Now you have my hopes up, and I really could confuse all of you and post her pictures from last year
default_smile.png
But her udder was no where near this size, but her body was pretty close to the same. Last year I did have the vet to UTS her, and palpate, but she wouldnt stay still and he said it was a pretty tight fit for him and didnt want to go any farther. We did do a blood test, but was inconclusive. I was going to have him out again and sedate her for the UTS, but never got around to it.

Well, her udder is definately getting bigger. She is at 335 days today. I also seen and felt movement yesterday evening at dinner time
default_aktion033.gif
. I have the pager on her and I think she is the type of mare that will just lay down and have it with out too many signs. I cant get much fluid out of her udder, do some mares not have that much before foaling? I am also trying to test what I do get with the pool test strips, has anyone had a mare or mares that it doesnt change with those strips? The pool strips have been accurate for me on all of my other mares. Her vulva doesnt seem that much relaxed yet either, so I am not sure how much time she has left.

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

Dont mares just drive u crazy? I know just what u mean about being fooled. If u look back to early Jan. 09 I posted about my mares "Amazing 2 Year Pregnancy". I was just sure she was pregnant and had the foaling monitor on her for months in 2008. Well she didnt foal till 2009! I was going crazy looking for foal movement as she had a bag and milk but wasnt pregnant in 2008.

But yours just HAS to be pregnant, LOL. Best of luck!

Update!! I just tested her the liquid from her udder, much more sticky, still not much to test but it is 1000 / 6.4!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
So I think we will be having a foal soon!!

I am still waiting but she is still testing ready, her udder is hot, hard and huge with lots of sticky milk
default_aktion033.gif
My pager stopped working through out the night and I cant get it to work properly, I have her on the cam watching her like a hawk. I will post when she decides to share this little one with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back