Anyone Still Soaping??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsegal5

Reaction score
I was wondering if you all are still soaping. I love seeing the pictures of what you all are creating.

Has anyone had there Christmas fairs yet? If so how did it go? I'm hoping to get to a few myself.

Also Danielle, I am trying my hand at Cold Process Soaping and I just love the look of your soaps, would you be willing to share your recipe??

Also what do you use for color, I tried the crayon and I can't seem to get it to melt?

I have been using goats milk in mine as I have a doe in milk and her kids have been weaned.

:bgrin Hi horsegal5, I am still soaping, have a craft fair in November, that will be my first one. I haven't tried the cp soap yet, just doing m &p soap so can't help, sorry. I am sure Danielle will be able to help you though :bgrin

Yvonne

Hi Twister,

I am actually doing both the M&P and CP. There are advantages and disadvantages of both.

I think you can be more creative with the M&P.

Do you know if you need to add a preservative to the M&P when adding , oatmeal etc. ? I love the oatmeal cinnamon soap, I don't remember if it was yours or not..

Good luck at the fair!

Hi Horsegal. I've made a couple different kinds of oatmeal & oatmeal cinnamon M&P soaps. They're my favorite to do up and they smell and look so neat! Here's a couple of pics. Also you don't need any additives, but I would suggest to use a M&P base for suspension, (where your particles float rather than sink down).

I'm doing the M&P so I can't help you with your question for CP soaps. I have a craft fair coming up in Nov. also.

I have recently tried a CP base that is M&P....it's pretty neat.....I got mine at Bramble Berry's. It's dryer than the glycerine, and I noticed that it holds colors more vividly. You can wrap these in paper.

Man I'm sorry!!! I've resized this oatmeal soap quite a few times on photobucket and it still keeps loading it up huge!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

Oatmeal cinnamon soap

OatmealCinnsoap.jpg

Oatmeal soap

Oatmealsoap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sterling those look great! I tried them last night, I did cinnamon and oatmeal and than a pumpkin spice.

I was wondering if you use a fragrance in them, I didn't just the cinnamon and the pumpkin spice herbs, but they don't have to much of a smell.

I also CP 2 batches yesterday, one of Lavender martini and one Japanese pear & Ginsing, oh I just love the pear one.

Sterling those look great! I tried them last night, I did cinnamon and oatmeal and than a pumpkin spice.

I was wondering if you use a fragrance in them, I didn't just the cinnamon and the pumpkin spice herbs, but they don't have to much of a smell.

I also CP 2 batches yesterday, one of Lavender martini and one Japanese pear & Ginsing, oh I just love the pear one.
Those sound wonderful, lavender martini? and the pear and ginseng one. Can you post pictures, we would love to see them, here is what I have been working on today. :bgrin

DSC01540.jpg

Yvonne

Thanks horsegal! Yes do please post some pics if you can we'd love to see!! The cinnamon oatmeal, on one batch I did'nt use FO and the fresh natural cinnamon brings out the smell...it's sutle but it's there. On another batch I used Oatmeal, milk & honey FO....yummy!!!

How do you like the CP process? Is this your first time doing CP?

Yvonne...those soap pieces are adorable!! Are those Christmas molds you got from Bramble Berrys Milky Way molds?

Thanks horsegal! Yes do please post some pics if you can we'd love to see!! The cinnamon oatmeal, on one batch I did'nt use FO and the fresh natural cinnamon brings out the smell...it's sutle but it's there. On another batch I used Oatmeal, milk & honey FO....yummy!!!

How do you like the CP process? Is this your first time doing CP?

Yvonne...those soap pieces are adorable!! Are those Christmas molds you got from Bramble Berrys Milky Way molds?
Hi Sterling, they are moulds I got from Canwax in Ontario, I like the sleighs :bgrin I made 3 bars of hand milled last night, they have to dry for 2 weeks, but they felt kind of rubbery, maybe that will go away when they dry. Today I made some sugar scrubs, the craft fair is coming up fast and I am scared I won't have enough made before then, it is on Nov 17th. When is yours?

Yvonne

I want to try some hand milled too, but I'll probably wait until after November. I love Bramble Berry's website and items for sale, but man their shipping prices are killing me!!
default_sad.png
Looks like I'm going to have to find another source. They only ship Fed X and usually my shipping cost is almost as much as my items I ordered! :new_shocked:

My Craft Fair is coming up very soon...on the 3rd of Nov!! I'm pretty much set.....I hope my customers like my soaps! Good luck to you in your fair! I'll keep you posted on how ours goes. Let me know if your soaps were a hit in yours! Is that all you'll be taking with you?

I want to try some hand milled too, but I'll probably wait until after November. I love Bramble Berry's website and items for sale, but man their shipping prices are killing me!!
default_sad.png
Looks like I'm going to have to find another source. They only ship Fed X and usually my shipping cost is almost as much as my items I ordered! :new_shocked:

My Craft Fair is coming up very soon...on the 3rd of Nov!! I'm pretty much set.....I hope my customers like my soaps! Good luck to you in your fair! I'll keep you posted on how ours goes. Let me know if your soaps were a hit in yours! Is that all you'll be taking with you?
No I have jars of sugar scrubs, bath salts, bath fizzies and my daughter has been making necklaces and bracelets to sell too. Plus I bought nail brushes, soap dishes, scrunchies etc. to go into gift baskets with the soap. What else are you taking?

Yvonne

I was wondering if you all are still soaping. I love seeing the pictures of what you all are creating.

Has anyone had there Christmas fairs yet? If so how did it go? I'm hoping to get to a few myself.

Also Danielle, I am trying my hand at Cold Process Soaping and I just love the look of your soaps, would you be willing to share your recipe??

Also what do you use for color, I tried the crayon and I can't seem to get it to melt?

I have been using goats milk in mine as I have a doe in milk and her kids have been weaned.
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Funny I find this thread here tonight. On my way home tonight from work I was just thinking "wonder if anyone is still soaping?" :lol: :lol:

You are all doing wonderfully!!!! :aktion033: When the minis in Kansas happened I basically had only them on my mind and was totally and emotionally exhausted so I didn't soap in about 2 weeks but two nights ago and at midnight :eek: I decided to make a batch of coconut soap. I plan on making a honey almond soap tomorrow and a coffee kitchen soap and a jasmine soap, since its suppose to rain all day
default_sad.png
On top of that tonight, just after getting home from work, my husband and son were busy trying to put the end on the steel building we put up this summer, it's 26 feet wide and 46 feet deep and 16 feet in height. Yep, they were trying to do this and it was getting dark :no: , WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???? Anyway to make a long story short my husband fell off the ladder and plunged to the ground and dislocated his shoulder. My son took him to the hospital (around 7 p.m) as I am babysitting my grandaughter (daughter gone to Hamilton to see the B.C. Lions (football) tomorrow. My husband got back about 1/2 hour ago and they managed to put the shoulder back in but he will be in a sling for 2 weeks, oh dear. Guess my son will finish that end piece because my hay guy is just waiting to deliver the major load of my hay. Two weeks ago my husband sliced his thumb pretty bad on the same structure and had to have 9 stiches in his thumb :eek:

Anywho, I should have some times on my hands tomorrow to also get some bath bombs done as I have a large order for those as well.

I will post a recipe tomorrow for you to try with oils you may have on hand. You don't have to go with fancy oils to start with. Basically if you have soya oil or any kind of vegetable oil (crisco which is soya oil), coconut oil (you can get at walmart) or you can substitute for palm kernel oil, grapeseed oil in small amount (get at your grocery store), sunflower oil, olive oil (not the extra virgin just plain old olive oil), etc. Tell me what oils you have on hand and I will figure out a recipe with the amounts of each and tell you what each oil contribute to the soap.

Nite for now.

Hello????? Are you soaping, do you need a recipe???? Let me know what oils you have on hand and I will post a recipe here with those oils and the porition of oils and lye water you need.

default_sad.png

No I have jars of sugar scrubs, bath salts, bath fizzies and my daughter has been making necklaces and bracelets to sell too. Plus I bought nail brushes, soap dishes, scrunchies etc. to go into gift baskets with the soap. What else are you taking?

Yvonne
I have done up some cute little snowflake guest soaps, put them in cello bags, decorated them with an adorable decorative snowflake hanging off the bag and I have 4 to each bag. I also have some bath salts I made up...found these neat little bottles at Michaels. Aside from that I have some hand sewn stuff such as dog paw stockings and some decoupage pieces as well. My Mom and sister are joining me and I've got some victorian crochet items my sister in VA does up very delicate and beautiful I'll be taking with me as well.

Here are the bath salts. I'm willing to share recipes if anyone would like! They're so fun and simple to make!!
default_yes.gif
:

BathSalts2.jpg

:aktion033: love your bath salts. I made some last night myself but for kids and also made them fizzing bath salts (sea salt, (coarse and medium size) citric acid (for the fizzing), aloe vera (for soft skin), and blueberry essential oil, scented blueberry and paired it up witht he blueberry soaps I made a couple of months ago.

default_sad.png

Yvonne
I have done up some cute little snowflake guest soaps, put them in cello bags, decorated them with an adorable decorative snowflake hanging off the bag and I have 4 to each bag. I also have some bath salts I made up...found these neat little bottles at Michaels. Aside from that I have some hand sewn stuff such as dog paw stockings and some decoupage pieces as well. My Mom and sister are joining me and I've got some victorian crochet items my sister in VA does up very delicate and beautiful I'll be taking with me as well.

Here are the bath salts. I'm willing to share recipes if anyone would like! They're so fun and simple to make!!
default_yes.gif
:

BathSalts2.jpg
Sterling

Your bath salts look awesome :bgrin

Yvonne

:aktion033: love your bath salts. I made some last night myself but for kids and also made them fizzing bath salts (sea salt, (coarse and medium size) citric acid (for the fizzing), aloe vera (for soft skin), and blueberry essential oil, scented blueberry and paired it up witht he blueberry soaps I made a couple of months ago.
Danielle, Could you share the amounts of each to make the fizzing bath salts please. :bgrin

Thanks,

Yvonne

Basic Recipe for fizzing bath salts

You can increase (double the recipe or make as much as needed)

2 cups of sea salt (either coarse or medium

1/4 cup of Epson Salt

1 cup of citric acid

1 oz of oil (you can use sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil, or avocado oil) OR I used aloe vera

1 oz of dentric salt (this helps bind the fragrance to the salts but it can me ommited if you don't have any)

Colorant if desired

You can also add 1/4 of baking soda if you wish (for itchy dry skin)

Use 1/4 cup per bath

Basic Recipe for fizzing bath salts

You can increase (double the recipe or make as much as needed)

2 cups of sea salt (either coarse or medium

1/4 cup of Epson Salt

1 cup of citric acid

1 oz of oil (you can use sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil, or avocado oil) OR I used aloe vera

1 oz of dentric salt (this helps bind the fragrance to the salts but it can me ommited if you don't have any)

Colorant if desired

You can also add 1/4 of baking soda if you wish (for itchy dry skin)

Use 1/4 cup per bath
Thanks Danielle,

I was just out buying more soap dishes and glass jars from the liquidation store near by, they had a 4 day sale ending today. Got lots of good stuff.

Yvonne

I get a BIG box of citric acid from my soap supplier and I found a LARGE :new_shocked: bag of baking soda, and I mean LARGE, the size of a 50lb bag of horse feed, lol, for $9.99. Can't get better than that. The large bag of baking soda I get at TSC store.

If you ever want to make the milk baths (made with powdered milk, (let me know and I can give your the recipe) you can package them in the little plastic milk jugs, they are too cute.

Latest posts

Back