Anyone in or near Southeastern Kentucky or Northeastern Tennessee?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabellarose

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here on L'il Beginnings is in or near Southeastern Kentucky or Northeastern Tennessee? I have noticed "Kentucky" and "Tennessee" in the area under some of your avatars and I was just wondering if any of you were close to me? I live in London, Kentucky.

There's quite a few miniature farms between here and there.

Go to BREEDERS CONNECT on the main page forum and then click on the states and you will find loads.

Best wishes and good luck.

Im about 2 or 2 1/2 hours away, I live west of you in Columbia.
default_saludando.gif

I'm two hours away up I75 North. Your welcome to come up anytime or email me and I'll help as much as I can. I've learnt a lot over the past year and 1/2 and I had a mentor so I'd be happy to help if at all possible.

I recently moved to Berea KY which is right off I-75 and according to yahoo maps London Ky is only 38.42 miles away from me. your welcome to visit me as well!

Hi,

well, Im about two hours from you! We are in Taylorsville, Ky. which is about a half hour from Louisville. If you need any help or have questions I can help you with just let me know.

Youre welcome to visit anytime if youre up this way! You will find most of the minature people are really good about helping others when asked. People with a lot of experience can be invaluable to you when learning about them.

Have you joined any of the miniature horse clubs, like the Bluegrass Club for instance? There are a lot of great activities, shows, clinics, and basic get togethers where you can meet people and learn a lot from them.

Laura Tennill www.tenltraining.com

Marty,

Thank you. I had already looked at the Kentucky and Tennessee links on the Miniature Horse Connect page. It doesn't look like any of them are particularly close to me. I was hoping to hear from everyone, not just those that have a website, those are easy to find.
default_wink.png

I have noticed over the course of the last year that there appear to be a lot of quality Miniature Horse breeders in the state of Kentucky and I am really excited and impressed by that! In my area of Kentucky I do not encounter many serious horse people of any kind very often, most people don't seem to know a forelock from a fetlock (and I know that doesn't mean that they don't love their horses!). I see a lot of (probably unintentional) abuse and neglect going on in people's backyards and at shows.

TenL,

In July I joined ASPC/AMHR, AMHA, and the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association. I have not attended any meetings or shows yet. It looks like everything is going to be pretty far away from me.

Thank you to everyone that posted! I am delighted to here from anyone near me. I am used to having to do my own thing as far as horses are concerned. Everyone in this area of Kentucky appears to be into Tennessee Walking Horses. I think I owned the only Arabian in this area of Kentucky for years and years (I might still) and I have had people (more than once) wave their hand at me (like a "You're not worth the time!" gesture) and turn around and walk away after I told them that I owned an Arabian! True story. Crazy huh? I see the merits of being interested in any breed of horse; if you like it and it suits your purpose, I am cool with that! It is amazing the breed prejudice that one encounters!

I am not from the state of Kentucky and I do not recognize a lot of these locations; Google Maps is handy! I have never heard of Columbia, Kentucky, for instance. It looks like Boinky is closest to me so far.
default_saludando.gif

sounds about the same here in Berea. everyone is into walking horses and only a handful of 'regular trotting" horses. I have a Standardbred and a Thoroughbred so definatly out of place for the most part. Several of my area friends have some arabians, QH's, ect though. Also about the same as far as seriousness and care/quality here unfortunatly. I just moved here from Maine the beginning of August so i'm just now making connections ect. I'm also about the same as you and don't know where a lot of places are I typically look them up on yahoo maps/google maps. i have been fortunate enough to have been around most of Kentucky now though..still don't know the NAMES of places..lol

There are several breeders in and around Somerset. I believe that next weekend there is a mini horse sale in Somerset and if you go, you may meet some people there. We live in Chattanooga so won't be much help, but we have bought horses from two different breeders in Somerset. One man is Ronnie Irvin, another is David Carell(SP)? The man who runs the auction is named Bruce Goff. We have been very happy with the little fillies we bought from Ronnie and Bruce. Hope this helps.

I'm in East Tn. Near Greeneville, I only have one mini and a goat right now but I do get together with a friend I have in Sevierville that I ride the big guys with. Looking at a map, we are almost 4 hours away from each other. But if we met near knoxville it is about an hour or two drive for each of us.

We live in western NC but travel to Kentucky on a fairly regular basis to see our friends (Shimfessel5) in Winchester KY and to participate in activities in Louisville. Seems we spend more time traveling up and down I-75 a lot. We usually stay in the Fairfield in Berea. I wish we had known you had a farm close by..we love to see other minis. Either we are getting used to the drive or something because it really does not seem that far away anymore.
default_smile.png

We are right off of I-75 at exit 38!

I have had "big" horses for over twenty years and I do not even own a Miniature Horse yet, but I would like to get into Miniature Horses and the showing of Miniature Horses. I really don't ride anymore. I switched over to driving in 1999. I love it and I have never looked back! I have been saying for a long time that as I get older I am going to switch over to Miniature Horses (and, don't take me too seriously, it's not just an age thing, I have always wanted to get into Miniature Horses
default_biggrin.png
)! Part of me wishes I wasn't so in love with and deeply attached to the three "big" horses that I have left (all of which are retired now and I just feed), they are taking up space I would like to use for Miniature Horses!

Suzie,

Sometime when your in Berea we should make plans to meet up!

Annabelle rose,

Seriously I would have no poblems with you coming up to visit and playing with my mini's. I currently have several and most of them are trained or are in training to drive (that's my "mini' passion). honeslty most f the time they don't even get worked because i'm just one person..LOL I do show quite a bit too and wouldn't mind if you'd like to tag along and give it a try... can always use help and extra people to show!

Annabelle rose,
Seriously I would have no poblems with you coming up to visit and playing with my mini's. I currently have several and most of them are trained or are in training to drive (that's my "mini' passion). honeslty most f the time they don't even get worked because i'm just one person..LOL I do show quite a bit too and wouldn't mind if you'd like to tag along and give it a try... can always use help and extra people to show!
I do need to get out to watch some shows. I try to attend the Julep Cup Show at the Kentucky Horse Park every year (and that is the extent of my Miniature Horse exposure every year, I don't know where any other Miniature Horse shows are) as a spectator, but I have always just watched it and enjoyed it, I have never "taken notes"!
default_biggrin.png
Let me know the next time that you plan to show and I may try to come and meet you and cheer for you. Maybe I can carry your grooming tote for you and you can tell me what the judge expects from your performance before each of your classes.

Same goes for everyone else, if the show isn't too terribly far away from me.

Boinky,

You are too kind! You may not remember, but you and I exchanged several e-mails over a year ago. You were a lot of help to me and gave me a lot of great advise and a lot to think about. I have not forgotten it or you, thank you, thank you.

Latest posts

Back