Anyone here have solid jet black horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my 3 year old girl, June Bug. She is in her winter woolies here so has a brown tinge. My horses are out year round so her mane is a bit sunburnt but it is much darker now. I just love her face.

default_wub.png
junebug.gif
default_wub.png

Dahlia5.jpg

CanterburyBlackDahlia10391.jpg
Here is one of mine I have several more but, no pictures. This one has 2 blue eyes and some white socks.

oooo Nancy you little gal is REALLY close to it!! I did find a solid black mare, two high whites, one sock and star, gorgeous head and neck, but still the "older style" I like, and in my price range!! woohoo!! Only problem is I have two colts in the barn that are on payments, so have to wait for those two to be paid off and the stalls empty
default_sad.png
And knowing my luck that gal will get snatched up before I can grab her *sigh*

I've got a solid black mare no blaze though but I love her anyway here's Broadways Colors Luck Be A Lady (Risky) lol she is a soon to be new mommy!! I am thrilled looking forward to a fantastic foal! I showed her quite a bit, last year too, and she does very well especially in cart. Well here she is a pic from last year and man she's alot fatter now lol Thanks for letting me share Great thread and some beautiful horses! ~Jessica

riskytrot2.jpg

oooo Nancy you little gal is REALLY close to it!! I did find a solid black mare, two high whites, one sock and star, gorgeous head and neck, but still the "older style" I like, and in my price range!! woohoo!! Only problem is I have two colts in the barn that are on payments, so have to wait for those two to be paid off and the stalls empty
default_sad.png
And knowing my luck that gal will get snatched up before I can grab her *sigh*
Glad you found a black filly hope you get her be sure to post pictures if you do. I was looking on a couple of sale boards today and did see a couple there that looked pretty nice.

Oh. Be still my heart! Adam, Dark Raven is gorgeous...Getitia, I love the skunk tail on Grace (and the rest of her, too!).

Liz
Liz - Thanks sweetie! We love him too, but hopefully he will find a new home this year. He's just standing around without anything to do other than look pretty..... we are hoping to find him a lease home where we can still have access to him...... interested?
default_biggrin.png

yeah, I'm interested, but shouldn't!!!!

I have six stalls, six horses....soooooo hence, my dilemma!

Liz

I must admit that I am quite taken by this handsom fellow
default_new_shocked.gif

I forgot another jet black of mine......he stays black-black

Erica's Jesse James of WallStreet; 2006 Congress Res. Grand Champion Classic Gelding under and Champion Jr Classic Gelding and 2x Congress Champion. 2007 National Grand Champion Single Pleasure

Driving, and 2x Res. National Champion open halter and ammy halter.

and yes he is sired by a black with four socks and his dam is solid black

geldin55.jpg

From my previous post-

Pharaoh's sire is a palomino with blaze and socks and dam is black

Spring Thunder "Peas" is sired by a black stallion with blaze, blue eyes and socks and her dam is a loud sorrel and white splash overo

Annie is sired by a buckskin with star an socks, and her dam is black and white pinto mare

Wild Thunder is sired by the same sire as peas (Reeces Thunder Hawk) and her dam is a dun whom in person is real light almost palomino looking

LM Hawks Queen of Denial is sired by a bay pinto and her dam is blue boy daughter whom I'm not sure but pretty sure is gray....

Technically this is our only solid black horse!!!

FrankMike2007.jpg

Frank is genetically tested as black, and he is solid colored. Ok, so maybe his solid color is white.

Sorry, just in a silly mood today.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE the black ones! And what beautiful ones on here. Even the 'white' one
default_biggrin.png

this just made me realize we have quite a few blacks in our little herd. Some solid, or mostly.

This is Star Skipper, 29 1/2". The only body white is on his shoulder but he has stockings too. This pic is straight from the pasture with just a bath and a bit of a trim job. He's really black and stays that way all year. this was shot late in the evening so the sun is putting a bit of red highlights in his coat.

7-06skipper-starbright.jpg

This is a 29" Cowboy daughter. She is another one who stays black all year round (nonfading black). Of course, she's also a homozygous tobiano!
default_yes.gif

paradigmshow.jpg

And this is Skipper's and Paradigm's '07 filly! solid black with stockings and a white tail! I love it! Wish I could make lots of those blacks with white tails! We had 2 like that last year and one almost solid bay with a white tail! Aaaand, this filly is homozygous tobiano too
default_biggrin.png

GM892619.jpg

Can;t wait to see what this years foals bring everyone!

Charlotte

Here is my solid black mare:

040808033428.jpg

wow that photos really old!!
default_new_shocked.gif
from 2004,
default_new_shocked.gif
i really need to get out and take some recent pictures!!

I love black horses too! I have a few.

Redrock Little Blossom, 33.75" jet black with a bald face, hind socks and a belly spot. I think she may be homozygous for black, though never tested.

2-07LittleBlossom1.jpg

This is Blossoms' 2007 filly, Redrock Pixel Image. Pixie is jet black with a large star, faint snip and a lot of white in her tail. Though she appears to have tan around her muzzle and eyes, that was just summer fading as she is very black.

DSC_43802.jpg

This is Foxfires Annebelle Lee 31", another jet black mare. Her only white is substantial lacing on her back.

8-07AnnebelleLee.jpg

This last little one is Royal M Ima Ravin Beauty 29", homozygous for black mare who belongs to my daughter, Cammie. She too is jet black and non fading.

2-07RavinBrauty3.jpg

Here is our only black mare Sugar. She has a nice blaze. She has a had a foal every year except this year I left her open she was getting late. She has thrown a world champion and national reserve champion no white socks though
default_sad.png

Sugar_04_crop.jpg

If big horses can play too, here's one of our adopted babies. He is Tennesee Walker, Arabian, and Thoroughbred. We've had him since he was 10 months old. He is now 4. Meet Eqypt's Fury
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

ORM-horses-fury-web.jpg

Latest posts

Back