Anyone here have solid jet black horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I keep having dreams of adding a jet black, solid mare with a wide blaze and white socks to our herd (hmm I am searching for a new broodmare, may be a sign??? lol) though I'm not a big fan of solids :DOH! So after having these dreams I've been looking at mares for sale including black solids and haven't found "her"

No clue, bit i also LOVE solid black with a little white star or snip.. How do you get a solid Black, that doesnt go gray??

Here are my solid blacks with facial white (besides Annie who has no facial white, but has a sock)-

D&S A Pharaohs Fortune, 07 National GRAND Champion Stallion Under, and 3x National Champion - open, ammy and futurity

nationals_0014.jpg

pharaoh%20ribbon.jpg

Pharaoh%20side.jpg

Erica's RFM Spring Thunder, 05 and 06 National Champion and HOF mare

She's got a big snip and tiny star star, that you can't see

nation39.jpg

DSC_8448.JPG

Little Kings Awesome Annie; multi champion as a yearling this past year

annie%20stand.jpg

annie%20trot%202.jpg

Little Kings Wild Thunder, she's just a young broodmare never shown but she's neat. She's just in fall hair here so it's not as black as in the summer

wild%20thunder.jpg

mares.64.jpg

LM Hawks Queen of Denial, another young broodmare, never shown, she's got a star, tiny strip and snip, which you can't tell here

LM_Hawks_Queen_of_Denial.jpg

Wow, Erica those are some pretty horses. My mini is supposed to be a black, but on his amha papers they list him as a seal and on his amhr papers, they say black. He looks black in some light but them chocolate in some so I'm really not sure what the heck colour he is. That is him in my avatar.
default_wacko.png

Vicki

lsweb.jpg

Raftered Hearts Raven Star.

All black w/one small star on her forehead.
default_smile.png

Liz

Thanks everyone so far.. Erica, Pharoah is close to what the "gal in my dreams" looked like
default_yes.gif
I really don't know why all of a sudden I want a solid black! :DOH!

ERICA and Nootka,

What colors were the sires and dams of these Beautiful black horses? I want to know what make s a solid black that wont go gray?

Here are my solid blacks
default_wub.png

Rowbuck Bequest of Broadway:

bequest.jpg

RowbuckBequestofBroadway-mares.jpg

Spirit Thunders Miz Annie:

annie4.jpg

Crown Meadow Bonnie Petit:

gunner25-14-06.jpg

And Lucky Hart's Robbianna, who actually we recently listed for sale (the sun was going down in the picture):

LuckyHartsRobbianna.jpg

Oh, and since you brought up white socks too...even though he does have a little bit of white on his body too (not much)...here is Black Tie Affair...one of my geldings:

tazz2.jpg

Tazz.jpg

Tracy

Basketmiss, the sire and dam of my mare were both buckskin.

My mare MAY carry a dilute gene, but so far she has given birth to two dark bay fillies and one coal black one (last year's girl, she's a yearling, now).

Two of the fillies were by a red stallion, and one filly was by a buckskin.

IMO, if you want black black, make sure your horses have a good amount of black-based background and stay away from greys as well as appaloosa. Appaloosa tends to roan and ends up looking grey.

Liz

I keep having dreams of adding a jet black, solid mare with a wide blaze and white socks to our herd (hmm I am searching for a new broodmare, may be a sign??? lol) though I'm not a big fan of solids :DOH! So after having these dreams I've been looking at mares for sale including black solids and haven't found "her"
I know exacly where you can find a black whore with white socks and a .. well a star. Look up Mocha Miniatures, she is located in Bow, NH. She has a filly born in 06 that looks like that. She has a great personality. I went up there last April to get more information on miniatures and i fell in love with her when i saw her on the website.

No socks, but jet black and a blaze, she ALMOST fits!!

Samis Ovation De Banana

banana1.jpg
bananahead.jpg

I forgot another jet black of mine......he stays black-black

Erica's Jesse James of WallStreet; 2006 Congress Res. Grand Champion Classic Gelding under and Champion Jr Classic Gelding and 2x Congress Champion. 2007 National Grand Champion Single Pleasure Driving, and 2x Res. National Champion open halter and ammy halter.

and yes he is sired by a black with four socks and his dam is solid black

geldin55.jpg

From my previous post-

Pharaoh's sire is a palomino with blaze and socks and dam is black

Spring Thunder "Peas" is sired by a black stallion with blaze, blue eyes and socks and her dam is a loud sorrel and white splash overo

Annie is sired by a buckskin with star an socks, and her dam is black and white pinto mare

Wild Thunder is sired by the same sire as peas (Reeces Thunder Hawk) and her dam is a dun whom in person is real light almost palomino looking

LM Hawks Queen of Denial is sired by a bay pinto and her dam is blue boy daughter whom I'm not sure but pretty sure is gray....

I love black horses too and especially blacks with chrome
default_aktion033.gif

Here is Buckeye WCF Dance to the Rhythm - solid black with a small star.

r1_small1.jpg

and one of our favorites is Buckeye WCF Amazing Grace. Grace's dam is the maternal sister of Buckeye WCF Classical Elegance, who was featured in our recent journal ad. Elegance was Reserve Grand Roadster last year at the Nationals - and Graces' maternal sister is Cicada Song who was the Reserve Grand in driving at the Nationals last year. Can't wait until Grace can drive next year.

l3.jpg

I have a completely black mare, not a speck of white on her. She is sired by a "brown" (I have seen several pictures of this stud and he looks either black, brown, or dark bay to me
default_wacko.png
) and her dam is a gray pinto.

Tracy I LOVE Bequest!!!!
default_wub.png

I can play this time!
default_aktion033.gif

~ Willow ~

I think she will remain black.
default_smile.png

Picture811.jpg

Both her Mum and Dad are black although her sire is registered as a 'black buckskin' but is as black as they come.

I love black. Such a graceful colour. I think it really shows how lovely a horse can be as there are no flashy colours to hide behind.

I have several - here are a couple:

My stallion - Thunders True Copy (he is an old boy now) - multi National Champion halter horse, Liberty horse, color horse. Sire of National Champions. Copy is shiny black - never fades. We have several of his daughters - including a couple of black fillies - one that is solid black with no white - another with white stockings.

Copyfullbody.jpg

copynewheadshot.jpg

One of our new additions this year - RFM Best Bets Lady Sierra - she will be two this spring and we are planning on showing her. She is shiny black with the long white socks - we really like her.

Sierra2.jpg

I think that the black horses are very attractive - I guess that's why we own a few!!!!

www.mistymoonequines.com

All of your black horses are so BEAUTIFUL!! So strikng -IMO

Thanks for the info and thanks Lucky C for bringing this up...
default_yes.gif

010104010210010302200712184ea181e3e.jpg

He is not mine, he is for sale on Craigs list in junction city OREGON. A 32 inch stallion....6 years old and. Too bad I don't have room.

I know they are not ponies but I LOVE them so much.....I have three black Tennessee Walking horses. One with a blaze, one with a diamond and another with a star and snip. Two of them have a tiny hind stocking, and the other one has two white hind socks. I ride in a TWH drill team and most of our horses are black, not a requirement, just happened. Some are very black and others fade to brown.

DSC032692.jpg

Here are my kids. I'm a huge fan of the black horse!!! All the ones below are (or were) show horses with us.

Longman's Shadow Spencer (AMHA/AMHR)

Longman4343-web.jpg

Longman's Ranger Blue Rashmi (AMHR)

RaKeisha5.jpg

HRE Midnight Lady (AMHR)

midnightlady1.jpg

Wilk. Dark Raven (ASPC)

Raven2.jpg

Oh. Be still my heart! Adam, Dark Raven is gorgeous...Getitia, I love the skunk tail on Grace (and the rest of her, too!).

Liz

Latest posts

Back