Anyone here a Paralegal ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisch

Reaction score
If so, what do you do on a daily basis? Did you have a hard time finding employment? Would you recommend this or any other job in this field? Thanks for any input

My brother is a paralegal in Ancorage, Alaska and both his daughters are paralegals. He is always busy working and works at home for several attorneys in his area. He loves the work and so do the girls.

I would suggest contacting the Attorneys in your area and asking them if they would be interested in hiring a paralegal.

Also would they consider working with a paralegal who works from home and for more than one local attorney. Some might not be comfortable with this depending on what kind of an office they have and what they are involved in.

Im not a paralegal, but I worked at a courthouse for 11 years. There were paralegals there in the record room every day. They did title searches for people purchasing properties, to make sure there were no outstanding liens on the property.

i was a paralegal before they were even called paralegals. started out in corporate patent law right out of high school. i've worked for prosecutors, private firms, one-man law offices and for the past 4+ years, i've worked for the public defender. no formal training, guess you could say i went to the school of hard knocks.
default_biggrin.png

it's an interesting field and there are many, many different aspects of it. i have to say, of all the work i've done, i think i like what i do now the best. civil law bores me to tears. criminal law is interesting and as for job security, i sure don't have a problem with that!

some attorneys i have worked for gave me very limited responsibility. i typed, answered phones, made coffee. others gave me much more...meeting with clients, communicating with judges, etc. in my present job, about the only thing i don't do is actual court appearances although i do GO to court with liz a couple of times a week. i guess the only aspect of my job i'm not particularly fond of is having to visit jail inmates but then again, they are a captive audience.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back