anyone ever heard of this ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops should have added that to my post!! It's AMHR they are registered with, sorry!

It doesn't surprize me that the people in the office don't take their time and make sure everything is correct. I've had the wrong color and even the wrong name come back to me. Pictures are pretty silly tho. I would just send them back right away and say you guys need to get the right pics on my horse's papers pronto.
Hardly a fair statement. At this time of year they receive many hundreds of 'last minute' registrations, transfers, temp to perms, etc etc etc.....and I don't know of a single person on this planet that has NEVER made a mistake! Now...if the OWNERS would be a little more timely in submitting their paperwork, I'm sure the error rate would drop (which if you look at the total number of transactions at this time of year, is pretty darn low...IMHO)

I haven't had photo problems, yet, but a few years ago did send in my stallions papers to update to permanent, and I received an envelope back iwth a receipt for work done and no papers. Called them, they said the paperwork was done and that I'd have to request duplicate papers. Couldn't just have them send me duplicates, while I was on the phone, no; I had to send in a letter stating what happened with my signature. Luckily, they didn't charge me for the duplicates, afterall, it wasn't my fault I didn't have them.
default_rolleyes.gif

Wonder what will happen when I send in his papers for the gelding notation this year?
default_wink.png

I haven't had photo problems, yet, but a few years ago did send in my stallions papers to update to permanent, and I received an envelope back iwth a receipt for work done and no papers. Called them, they said the paperwork was done and that I'd have to request duplicate papers. Couldn't just have them send me duplicates, while I was on the phone, no; I had to send in a letter stating what happened with my signature. Luckily, they didn't charge me for the duplicates, afterall, it wasn't my fault I didn't have them.
default_rolleyes.gif
Unfortunately, everyone is not as honest as they should be, and without requiring a person to sign for duplicate papers, there is the possibility of someone abusing the system and getting an extra set of papers to sell with a different horse. While it may seem a hassle, they are requiring that signature to protect the integrity of the papers and the registry.

Unfortunately, everyone is not as honest as they should be, and without requiring a person to sign for duplicate papers, there is the possibility of someone abusing the system and getting an extra set of papers to sell with a different horse. While it may seem a hassle, they are requiring that signature to protect the integrity of the papers and the registry.
I don't know about that, as when I spoke with them it sounded like my horse would have it on record that he has "duplicate" papers, so the originals are void. But, I do understand the need for a paperwork trail.

Latest posts

Back