anyone ever heard of this ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCC

Reaction score
Was happy to get my minis papers back from the transfer , but was surprised when I noticed that my colts papers have the wrong pictures on them! They have all the other information all correct on them, his foaling date, registered name ect.

I didn't send in different pictures for them to use, and I showed the previous owner and she has never seen those pictures before!! (he had another owner along with his original breeder before her though)

also on the pictures you can see the date 2001, and Storm was born in 2008!

Has anyone ever had this happen before? He has a full brother, suppose it's his pictures?

Nicole

It doesn't surprize me that the people in the office don't take their time and make sure everything is correct. I've had the wrong color and even the wrong name come back to me. Pictures are pretty silly tho. I would just send them back right away and say you guys need to get the right pics on my horse's papers pronto.

We are all human and humans make mistakes
default_smile.png
I would for sure get them sent back and fixed.

I have to send his papers back in in a couple months to do his permanent papers up so maybe I could wait and get it changed then.. I live in Canada, and would rather only ship them once if possible, it's quite costly to mail them protected. I wonder if I should call them and tell them about the mix up though?

Once it's warmed up and he's clipped and cleaned up I will take new pictures and send them in to be put on

You really need to contact the office immediately and follow their instructions. The longer it goes uncorrected the harder it may be to get it taken care of.

Charlotte

I wouldn't wait. At least phone them right away & tell them--I would think they'll want them sent back right away.

Good example of "mistakes happen" and a good reason to make sure you write the horse's name on the BACK of the photos. Sounds like they just picked up the wrong photos and someone else likely has papers with your horse's photos on them!

Actually, writing the name on the back of the photos doesn't necessarily help. I sent in 2 or 3 sets of papers one time. One was a new registration, which I included photos for. One was a temp to perm that had photos on his papers already--his papers had been updated just 3 or 4 months earlier when I sent in his gelding certificate, and one was a temp to perm that I sent new photos for. They used his photos for the horse that I wasn't changing photos on, they gave him the photos from the new registration and returned the new registration application saying that I hadn't sent photos for that one. All photos were clearly and correctly labelled. It was no problem getting it fixed up once I called in & they checked the files, just sort of an irritation that I had to send the papers back again.

I'd be perfectly happy if they did away with photos on the papers. Honestly, big horse breeds such as the Morgans get by just fine without photos, why do we need them for the Minis? IMO they are totally pointless--it's not like they do much to help identify a horse, because a good many registration photos look nothing at all like the real horse. If you've got a bunch of pintos the photos are maybe useful, but for the rest....

I had the Wrong Height put on my Stallions Papers

I sent in 2 Papers to be updated to Permanent

My Mare is 31.25"

and my Stallion is 31.5"

they put Both Heights as 31.25"
default_frusty.gif

and on the back of my mares Papers it's still a Temp certificate
default_wacko.png

At Least the Front is Right on hers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I disgree about the photos - as a new steward I really want to see the photos. Especially when the horse is listed as an a pinto type but shows little actual markings. Plus a description such as blaze, star strip snip, can vary from horse to horse.

IMO I think the office folks do a great job with a huge task, especially at rush times like the end of the year when everybody is sending their stuff in. A big
default_aktion033.gif
to the office folks at both registries.

I am sure it can be straightened out, but I would call ASAP. Why don't you ask them about the permanent status, maybe they can either make a notation in the horses file or work with you so you don't need to send them twice. They are only human. I gotta say I am for the photos. There are too many unscrupulous horse flippers that frequent the auctions in hopes to match papers to unpapered horses. It does not fool proof things, but it makes it a bit more difficult for them. (one more reason to encourage people to support reputable,responsible sellers)

There are many large horse breeds that do require photos and DNA just to register a foal.

Last edited by a moderator:
DNA--properly done--I wouldn't have an issue with, but photos?

Seriously, someone could raise 10 jet black foals this year. Take one of those foals, photograph that one foal in 10 different poses, and use those photos for the other 9 foals as well. Who is ever going to be able to tell??

thanks for the comments everyone, I'll call Monday. I Just got them in the mail Friday.

I myself like the pictures on the papers.. I wouldn't mind seeing DNA testing either though! Having Arabian and APHA horses, I have dealt with both , but I do like the pictures being on the papers.

I did think it was pretty funny getting his papers back with different pictures, cause I hadn't even sent in pictures to be put on or any kind of change with the pictures.. was just transfers being done!

I wouldn't mind sending in new pictures of him for his papers since these ones are of a really fuzzy foal that doesn't look much like him! (probably isn't even him! LOL)

oh and.. I am certainly not complaining about the mix up, I can imagine it's easy for these things to happen.. just wanted to know if that happens often.

The registry was very nice to me when I dealt with them over the phone! very nice people!

I'd be perfectly happy if they did away with photos on the papers. Honestly, big horse breeds such as the Morgans get by just fine without photos, why do we need them for the Minis? IMO they are totally pointless--it's not like they do much to help identify a horse, because a good many registration photos look nothing at all like the real horse. If you've got a bunch of pintos the photos are maybe useful, but for the rest....
I like the pictures on the back. I wish AKC did the same thing. If your horse is PQ'd and his pictures are there, it is harder for someone to switch horses or make a mistake with the wrong horse for the papers.

Definitely call and they'll likely make you resumbit the old pics and possibly new ones.

As for the photos being recognizable on the reg papers. IDK, AMHR shrink & stretch to fit their papers I've had a few sausage-y or extreme short back horse pics on the registration.

This topic is a great reason to use the photo feature on the AMHA computer site for submitting photos. The name of the horse is typed on the page with the four photos.

I would hope there would be less problems with photos of the right horse.

Gosh hope they don't want me to resubment the original pictures, as I don't have them.. it was a previous owner that did those, I was only sending in a TRANSFER. no pictures were submitted..

That's neat AMHA has a photo feature online.. that would be slick and easy!

Nic

So this horse originally had pictures on his papers so you didn't submit any photos but some reason the registry changed his photos on his papers? Thats a lil nuts.

You shouldn't have to resubmit photos cause his old photos should be kept in his file. You may have to take new photos is all.

So this horse originally had pictures on his papers so you didn't submit any photos but some reason the registry changed his photos on his papers? Thats a lil nuts.

You shouldn't have to resubmit photos cause his old photos should be kept in his file. You may have to take new photos is all.
Right, I only sent in his papers to get transfered into my name, (along with a mare's papers too)

I didn't send in any pics or ask for a change or anything. there was already pictures on his papers...

I will call Monday and see what happened
default_smile.png
I have to send in to get his permanent papers in 3 months, so maybe they'll just fix it then..

You did not say if this was AMHA or AMHR. For AMHA on a transfer you have to submit photos, but they are not changed on the registration papers unless you are also going permanent. So if you need to send in hairy winter photos it will not be a problem.

The photos are used to compare them to those on file to insure you bought the same horse as originally registered.

We also try to get great photos for the permanent papers as these will not change.

Any photos you need to submit now will not be on a AMHA reg. paper until you submit the Permanant papers with photos.

Yes, the online feature for AMHA is very slick. It automatically sizes the photos which you can find by browsing you computer's photos.

Whenever possible we are doing this for the new owners so they can just submit all the paperwork and not have to take photos.

Latest posts

Back