Anyone else's hotmail acting goofy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Once again I had a problem because of that STUPID windows updating.

I know microsoft and hotmail are doing some stuff over the next couple

of weeks and that is most likely what is wrong now. But does anyone have

any problems or solutions to this:

When I hit "reply"....I don't get a space to write my text in!

I also lost the little bar on the top that has B, I colors, etc.

Any ideas?

YES and it's driving me bonkers! :arg!

For the past 4-5 days

I HATE the new improved hotmail. It's slow and the service stinks! And now this.

MSN IS hotmail.

I can type a reply all I want, but when I send it, it arrives to the person BLANK!

The thingy controls are gone but I don't care about that, I just want to be able to answer emails!

And using MSN to answer, the emails look like they go through fine but the people don't get them at all.

So my in box is filling with emails I can't answer.

[SIZE=24pt]AHHHHH!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

For the last two weeks, I've had problems just getting hotmail to come up!

On Explorer, it will repeatedly tell me that I'm not connected to the internet, yes if I keep hitting refresh, it will eventually (like 100 clicks later) load and let me type in my password, but then it may take another 100 clicks to get to my list of mail. So far, if I get to my list, I'm pretty much set and it doesn't have any problems after that.

Then I got the idea to try a different browser, so I downloaded Firefox. Hotmail worked great there for the first 4 days, but then it started doing the same thing!

Its a PITA!!!

Jamie

just switch to gmail.com works GREAT and fast without all hotmails spam and slowness

Thanks guys. I think I'm about to apply for a gmail account. I hear it's the best out there right now because I am fed up with hotmail and all their stupid quirks.

REO you can answer your mail but you have to just hit NEW and copy and paste their address in there and then it will work right. Thats the only way I figured out how to do it.

I figured that out Marty. But it's a pain in the butt!

I wrote to them and this is what they said for me to do.

AS IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!
default_wacko.png

What a "pant load"!

-------------------------------------------

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support. This is Noel and I am writing in response to your following concerns:

Your outgoing messages are being received as blank.

I am sorry for the inconvenience these may have caused you.

I. For investigation purposes, please provide us a fiddler trace of your account. A fiddler is a diagnostic tool, which will tell us exactly what is generating the issue you have experienced. This will take a few minutes to do, and it requires extra steps on your part. Your privacy is very important to us. I assure you that no personal or account information will be passed in the Fiddler trace.

If you feel comfortable downloading and installing Fiddler, please follow the steps below:

1. Visit http://www.fiddlercap.com/dl/FiddlerCapSetup.exe and save the file to your desktop.

2. Once the installer has finished downloading, double click on "FiddlerCapSetup.exe." on your desktop.

3. Read the License Agreement and then click "I Agree."

4. Click "Install."

5. Once installed, click "Close." FiddlerCap will now open automatically.

6. Click "1. Start Capture." A new browser window will open - use this window to navigate to www.hotmail.com and reproduce the issue that you are having (for instance, re-opening a message which generated an error).

7. Once completed, go back to the FiddlerCap window and select "2. Stop Capture."

8. Click on "3. Save Capture," which will open the save file menu.

9. On the drop down for "Save as type" at the bottom of this window, select "Zip file (*.zip)."

10. Click the "Save" button to save the capture file to your desktop.

11. If you have an open ticket with Mail Customer Support, reply to the message you received from Mail Customer Support and attach the FiddlerCap ZIP file to your reply.

12. To uninstall FiddlerCap, click "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel.

In addition to the fiddler trace, we also need you to provide us a copy of your computer's MSinfo file. To start Microsoft System Information, please follow these steps:

For Windows XP:

1. From your computer desktop, click "Start"

2. Click "Run."

3. Type "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box

4. Click "OK." The System Information window will appear.

5. Click "File."

6. Click "Save."

7. Save the file as .nfo file.

Note: You will need to compress the file using a file compression utility, such as WinZip, to be able to attach the file to your reply to this e-mail. Attach the files on your reply to this message. You can also send the file to our [email protected] and put the SRXID found in the subject line of this e-mail for tracking purposes.

However, if the problem persists after performing the actions above, please provide answers to the following questions so that we can immediately investigate your issue further:

- What are the step-by-step procedures you are performing before arriving to your concern?

- What is the exact wording of the error message that appeared on your screen?

- Does this happen even when you use a different computer?

- Does this issue occur with other Windows Live Hotmail accounts that are being accessed on your computer?

ROKOminis, we appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Hotmail.

Sincerely,

Noel V.

Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support

default_shutup.gif
:arg!
default_footinmouth.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

REO I did a search on the subject and more and more people are complaining about this and much more. There are a lot of complaints going on. That's Microsoft for you. Once before when hotmail acted up I went there one day to find my address book gone. Then another time I went there and could not get in to my own mail. Suddenly my user name and password was not good anymore and there was no way to retrieve it and my account was lost in cyber space forever. This is the kind of thing that apparently is happening again in hotmail to a lot of people. So rather than take chances, I just opened up a gmail account. Gmail is not that user friendly at first. I'm still playing around with the site and pressing all the buttons! But atleast I have a new account now that I am not worried about. Changing accounts is a real pain when your email is on everything you own but loosing your stuff and sending blank emails is worse.

You can get free email with AOL now -- if you have an internet connection (DSL or whatever).

JJay

Hello Liz,

Your message has been forwarded to Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Divino and I read that your e-mail message was blank at the receiver's end. I understand the importance of this to you and I am glad to be of assistance.

Our product development team is aware of this issue and they are working diligently to have this resolved. We are also sorting through the large amount of data from customer feedback that we have right now. Once we have determined the exact cause of this issue, we will use the information to remedy the situation.

In the meantime, we suggest that you send your messages in Plain text. Please be guided that this option is only available in Classic version. If you are using the Full version of Windows Live Hotmail, click Switch to classic link located on the lower left portion of the page. Here are the instructions:

1. Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live ID (The user name and password that you use to sign in to any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID).

2. In the left pane, click Mail, and then, in the upper-left corner, click New.

3. Click Show plain text link located below the Subject line (just above the Rich-Text Editor toolbar).

4. Type your message in the main message box, and then click Send.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Hotmail.

Sincerely,

Divino T.

Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back