Anybody have show halters from

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
Doing some show halter shoping.

Does anyone have any of the show haltes from national bridle? Its the halter, chain, leather lead, 2 conchos, and a throtlatch chain for 40 bucks!! Sounds to good to be true.

So does anyone have them?

As I recall, they are the same ones that Double Diamond sells. I have six of them. Don't like them as well as my Victors, but for the price, you cannot beat them. I am one who has 20 or so show halters -- just a bit of a junky I guess...

See here for info if you want: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=92098

Since that post, I went back for more (small and extra small ones for foal pics)
default_laugh.png
I just cannot get over how much you get for your money.

Double Diamond has several inexpensive show halter options ranging from $37 - $53: http://www.fortune3.com/DDTack/Halters_Bri...ow_Halters.html (towards the bottom of the page)
default_yes.gif

I have lots of high end show halters, but dollar for dollar, you get SO MUCH for the money with these halters and I would feel confident and happy using them at shows.

Double%20Diamond%20Show%20Halters%20006%20BLUE%201.jpg

Double%20Diamond%20Show%20Halters%20013%20Silver%201.jpg

Double%20Diamond%20Show%20Halters%20GOLD%201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are the same as Double Diamong by JT, made in China. I bought 2 from DD and found they are what you pay for. My gold one has already lost its gold and was only used in 3 shows. But if its for a summer of showing, then maybe a bargain.

Mine are here, some since February or so, and haven't lost any color however I haven't used them yet -- so maybe they will? You cannot expect a $50 halter to be as nice as a Victor but for a halter, chin chain, lead, conchos... It's a hard to beat value imo. I know A LOT of forum members have purchased them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought one or two of those - they're okay. We use them generally for photo sessions or training new horses to a show halter. My preference (like Jill) you can't beat a Victo - the overall quality is amazing.

Other's that I have (they run a bit big imho) are the Billy Royals from Schneiders. I like those for the more 'what's in fashion/fad - as the Victor's are very classic/timeless.

Also if you need a specific size/color combination - ask your mini tack dealer that deals with BKM designs - they can do custom ones as special orders.

Other's that I have (they run a bit big imho) are the Billy Royals from Schneiders. I like those for the more 'what's in fashion/fad - as the Victor's are very classic/timeless.
I like the Billy Royals, too, but agree -- they seem to run big. I'd say if you're getting one, order a size smaller than your horse would normally wear.

I just ordered one from National Bridle Shop a few weeks ago, unfortunately they are back ordered right now which they didn't tell us, we had to call to see why we hadn't received a conformation email a week after we ordered. So if you're going to buy one, I suggest waiting a week or so.

I have to give a thumbs up on the Double Diamond ones as well. I had some extra money in the Spring and stocked up from a couple of sources on ebay. One of them though I got very nice halters, it has been FOREVER getting them. I still have not gotten some of them, and it has been well over 90 days since the were paid for. Very frustrating. I hate to complain because the seller is friendly. lol, but I guess I should have complained before it got to the point of taking so long that I cannot even leave negative feedback if I don't receive the rest of them!

I HAD to buy the Double Diamond one at a show because I had not received ones that were orders more than two months before the show! I will buy some more Double Diamond ones in the future, I really like mine! I also found that the owner of Double Diamond was a VERY nice person and was helpful to me at the show I attended, even to the point of lending me use of things I had forgotten but really didn't need to "buy" again because I had plenty at home.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

I also want to mention that I ordered a few Western type "show halters" on ebay with the intention to use them for jumping. Those from a different vendor. I found that while they look nice from a distance they are very stiff and I don't think I really like them for jumping. So, I went and ordered a leather halter from Arion Mgmt and I LOVE it! Obviously their leather barn halters are not for halter class. But they are super nice barn halters and they will be very nice for jumping and halter obstacle. They are just plain nice halters and I cannot get over the softness of it being such new leather. I look forward to ordering some more with my stallions names on them.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Thanks Everyone!

The one Im looking at is only at NB not DD, or atleast I cant find it there. Its called the Gold Rope Cable mini show halter.

Thanks Again!

Back