Anybody else have anxiety

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
I always worry about the side effects.
default_new_shocked.gif
I know-don't read them; but I want to know what to look for too. A week and a half ago I inhaled a lot of hay dust and chaff and started coughing all night like a maniac. This continued for a few days and I went to the Dr. Diagnosed as allergy agrivated bronchitis. Was prescribed Fluticasone (Flonase); but I am worried about trying it. (My Mom got dizzy from it and I am a lot like her). I tried one squirt last night and ended up snorting some back out. So I quit there. The Dr. said today that even if I did do that I would still get benefits from it. I really need help because the coughing is driving me crazy and I have coughed so hard and often it feels like I am being stabbed in the back under my left shoulder blade (poor muscles!). It hurts. I am OK'd and supposed to go back to work in two days. Can anyone offer any comfort?
default_no.gif

I have used Flonase and I really like it. I had no reaction at all from it and that is a rare thing for me. I am allergic to everything.

For sure each person is different and may have different reactions to what seems pretty common drug.

I have been on Fluticasone/Flonase for about 12/13 years with no side effects.

I started with a sample from my doctor and it just happened that there was a company rep in his

office the same day.

She told me it was best to take it after your shower when the nasal membranes were soft and

moist from the heat of the shower; to tip your head slightly forward and down, pinch off one nostril

and spray and then do the other nostril the same.

One spray only in each nostril twice a day was my Rx.

I have had no side effects that I could attribute solely to that medication.

My biggest thing was I'd never used a nasal spray and don't like things I am not familiar with.

It wasn't as big a deal, done the way the rep explained, as I'd built up in my mind.

I think if you are concerned I do your first attempt in the evening when you know you're in the

house for the night, in a more controlled environment, in case you had some dizziness.

I now have major anxiety.I had a bad reaction to Actonel in Feb-sick for 10 days so I stopped all prescription meds and supplements.I ate only oatmel for several days until my stomach quit screaming.I FELT so much better without all the meds in my system-No side effects-no more falling asleep in the afternoon&fuzzy brain.Some of the side effects have been worse than my original problems.I think so many doctors are too quick to just write a prescription and give you another pill for something.ALL drugs have side effects.I can really understand your anxiety.At this point I am off all meds and plan to stay that way unless deemed 100%necessary for my life.I do take 81 mg aspirin daily.I am having a knee replacement on Sep 17 and will have to have something then.I am cautious since I have had so many bad reactions to meds.

It really doesn't bother me--if I'm having some health issue and the prescribed medication can help to make me feel better then I figure it is worth trying the medication. I always read the list of side effects of course. In most cases the worst side effects are extremely rare but I like to know what they are...just in case. And if there's something major that is considered a common side effect--I do want to know about it. If I were feeling as miserable as you do from the coughing, I would definitely try the nasal spray.

If you are concerned about dizziness, use the spray at a time when you won't have to drive anywhere--perhaps in the evening when you don't even have to be out & about, if you're concerned about being so dizzy that you cannot even walk safely.

I have used Flonase & had no side effects from it. I didn't find it all that effective; I now use Nasonex and find it is much more effective for me. There is another one too, that worked even better but I only had it once & cannot remember the name. It wasn't for long term use--I think the prescription was for 21 or 26 days and anything left over is to be thrown out then. That one really worked for me.

Thanks. I did try it last night. I don't expect much today; as it said it may take 12 hours to several days to really work. But as stated-I couldn't take anymore of the cough or the pain in my back from it. I hope it works! I'll let you all know. Seem OK on it so far. I have heard now that most side effects tend toward dry nasal passage or light bit of nosebleed (yuck); but I think it will be OK.

with meds, you have to weigh the benefits/against the side effects....normally the benefits are greater. I also use flonase without any problems....it has helped me quite a bit, not 100% but definately better than without.

I have had enough serious allergic reactions to meds, even my Doc doesn't like giving me anything.

So we try to avoid it or if we have to, I have an Allergy test done before I use said Meds.

But most people aren't as bad as me.

There is only one cough Med on the market that really does work. It is the children's Delsym. Is over the counter.

I too have not done well with flonase...felt irritating, tried it several times over the years, but no help. My allergist at Dayton Head & Neck put me on Neil Med Sinus Rinse (squeeze bottle...not nettie pot). It is a balanced soulution of salt/soda does not dry out your sinuses. I used to be sick all the time, sinusitis, bronchitis, upper resp....etc. Since starting the sinus rinse 2x day..its been great, even stopped shots.

My husband uses it when he gets a cold and both swear by it helping with drainage ...that makes you cough.

It wont hurt to try...cost $10 at WalMart, Kroger...etc. GET the squeeze bottle not the nettie pot...those are hard to use.

NOTE: Must use distilled water...so get a gallon of that too. Fill the bottle, microwave 27 seconds, mix in the packet...and follow directions.

I dont go anywhere without mine! Good luck, hope you feel better!

Latest posts

Back