Any suggestions to stop a bloody nose..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckymeacres

Reaction score
I have been getting nose bleeds for about a month now, uncontrollable, everyday, at least once sometimes twice. I have a doctor appointment, but since I don't have a regular doctor, as I haven't had any problems since moving to Florida about 7 years ago, you have to wait forever. I was to the emergency but they didn't do anything. I finally have a doctors appointment Wednesday, so I guess we will see them.

Just wondered if anyone had experience with this. I don't have high blood pressure or diabeties. Everything checks out fine. Usually if anything my blood pressure is low.

I had nose bleeds like those when younger. I went to the Dr. cause I was diabetic and my parents were concerned. He said that they'd eventually slow down and or stop but really there was nothing to be done about them. He also said dry weather can cause them which Florida certainly has right now at least we do farther south of you. I think one of his suggestions was a humidifier at night to maybe help but there wasn't a way to stop them.

Amanda

I have nose bleeds like that sometimes still... When I went to the doc back in high school for them he told me cold wash cloths, pressure on the nostril from the side, and told me to use neosporin in my nose so that it would heal and stay moist. Doing all that helped cut down the nose bleeds for me. Good luck!

When I was a kid I had bad nose bleeds. I had to go to a ears,nose and throat doctor. He burned the vessles in my nose to stop the bleeding.I had it done twice. I don't remember much about it except that it smelled gross! And that it worked.

Also I recently read that when you have a nose bleed you should sit and hang your head down facing the ground.Not to lay back with your head up.It supposedly contracts the vessels and stops the blood flow.

I haven't had a chance to test that theory.

When you get a nosebleed, one of the best ways to stop it is to just sit in a "normal" position--with your head neither tipped back nor forward--and pinch the bridge of your nose, like right between your eyes. Gently, but firmly, apply even pressure and it should slow and stop fairly quickly. Also, a humidifier is a great idea, it will moisten the nasal passages and should help.

Take Care.

Jodi

Latest posts

Back