Another secret revealed...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
OK, so...I've been bad again...LOL...but can finally reveal one of the 2 secrets I've been hiding!
default_aktion033.gif

I have to apologize, tho, for posting without pics...I know, I know...they are coming I promise...I tried to get a few pics when we got home, but they turned out so bad and I didn't want to post them, so in the morning, we will take better ones...and probably a video as well!
default_yes.gif

First I need to say something...My wife Deb knew how much I have wanted a new show gelding for awhile (since Jet decided he was hers, not mine...
default_rolleyes.gif
) and thru Facebook she got in touch with Abby Conder privately and asked her to show us a few horses while we were there last weekend visiting her farm and if I showed any interest in one of them to work with her without my knowledge on purchasing the horse for a Christmas present!!!!!!
default_wub.png
OK, so we show up and she starts showing us some horses and when she brought out this bay pinto colt, my jaw dropped and inside I was like "OMG, I HAVE to have this horse!!" So, I am trying to let Deb know this without too much interest in front of the other people around (there was a club meeting going on/just ending) and she is acting all..."we will see" kind of attitude...and I am just about to burst...and start my "pouty lips" (playing around...well, kinda...lol
default_wink.png
) and ALL the way home from Abby's I'm just non-stop..."please...I really want him!" (and also FB'ing Abby telling her I was interested without Deb knowing I told her that...lol...and Abby not letting on that she already knew I would be getting him...
default_wacko.png
)

Sooo....we get home and Deb says "I have to tell you something...This was supposed to be a surprise for Christmas, but I KNEW there was NO way you were going to let this go and I wasn't going to listen to it for a month, but I already had it worked out with Abby to get you a horse if you liked one as a Christmas present" O M G!!
default_wub.png
But, of course I "ruined" the surprise because I am a BRAT
default_rolleyes.gif
!! OOPS!!
default_laugh.png

Today Deb and I went on a road trip to buy a new (to us) trailer and on our way back, we picked him up!!

So...without pics for now (sorry!) I would like to introduce MY future show gelding "Lynncliff Doubles Legacy" (barn name is "Dollar") who is a 34"ish 2 yr old bay pinto stallion. He will be gelded soon.
default_biggrin.png
He is a Martins Boozers Daring Difference grandson...and has movement to spare!
default_wub.png
He is greenbroke to drive, so I am really looking forward to actually driving this show season!!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Deb, being married to such a brat!
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png

She doesn't even get to keep the secret she worked so hard on! LOL! But I guess it serves her right for "stealing" your other one!

Congrats on your new boy!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Deb, being married to such a brat!
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png

She doesn't even get to keep the secret she worked so hard on! LOL! But I guess it serves her right for "stealing" your other one!

Congrats on your new boy!
default_aktion033.gif

I know, right?? LOL!!
default_laugh.png

What a great story, and what a great wife you have! Congratulations and can't wait to see pictures!

LOL first of all to my lovely bratty wife as if I don't know you well enough to know that you were fbing Abby all the way home. I knew that with the multiple trips upcoming to Abby's farm that it would be very difficult to keep this secret and not have my wife go off the deep end until Christmas. So, I let the cat out of the bag and let her make this deal. But to Linda's credit she has been very good over the last few months with moving here and then getting settled here about bugging me to purchase another horse until I said we could afford it. Just so happened that she knew we were there or at least almost there even though I was trying to hide that facr from her so I could make this her Christmas present. Guess she gets coal for Christmas or is it Christmas in November???? lmao. But that Said couldn't be happier with her new "show gelding". Thanks Abby. And now she can leave Jet alone as he likes me better anyway.
wink.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Knew you had an ulterior motive Deb!!!!! What a nice Christmas present for Linda! And early too! Congrats to you both! Next year's gonna be fun in the gelding division.

Hope to see ya later today!

Barbie

Here area few pics we took this morning...(videos can be seen on the "Opinions" t hread in the Driving section if you would like to see them
default_yes.gif
)

Head shot

Dollar001.jpg

Body shot (not great, but just so you see him...lol...yes, he has lacing, too )

Dollar002.jpg

Moving shot

Dollar011.jpg

He has never been sweated, so has a bit of a fat neck right now...
default_rolleyes.gif

Enjoy him - will be looking for him in the showring in February. Fun times a head!!!

Barbie

Linda, congratulations on getting this beautiful boy! I love the lacing on his back and his coloring. Deb you are very special to have surprised Linda....

Gini

I can't see his pictures until I get home from work (*pout!*) but I gotta say Deb is a great partner for you.
default_aktion033.gif
I think she should have had Abby tell you he was sold overseas though so you'd leave the secret alone! That way he could be "waiting for transport" every time you went over there in the next month.
default_laugh.png

Leia

Oh my goodness, he looks EXACTLY like my first mini, Checkers. Congratulations!

LOL Leia, you are evil ;)

Big congrats on your beautiful new boy! LOOOVE the lacing! What a wonderful early Christmas present ;)

Back