Another Registration Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
I need to get my almost 2 year old colt registered. I was afraid he was going to go over but, he isn't. So now I am doing his application for AMHA and AMHR. The thing is I looked at the breeding certificate and the studs Registration number was not on it. My question is, can I add the registration number on myself or is that altering the certificate? My mares registration number also was not on the certificate.

Thats weird if there are no numbers for either stallion or mare on the registrations how do you know what there numbers are??

I was given the studs Registration Number and I have my mares number. My question is can I add them myself or is that considered altering the certificate?

It shouldn't be considered altering if it wasn't on there in the first place. The registries won't take the certificate without them being complete, so I'd add the numbers. Either that or go back to the breeder and ask for completed forms.

Opps sorry l read it as they didn't have the numbers on there registration papers but you meant the breeders certificate...yes you can fill that in l have in the past twice and nothing was said...

There are no problems filling in the numbers yourself as long as the cert. was signed by the owner of the stallion at that time. The problem would lie within the fact of the stallion reports including the mare for the given breeding season. You can call the registries and ask them to verify that the mare was on the stallion report for that breeding season.

:DOH! Do not write any thing on it.
default_no.gif

Send it back to the person you got the mare from and have them write it in.

Three years ago I purchused a bred mare and had the same thing happen. I was given all the paperwork signed but she did not fill it out said she did not know how. She gave me all the inof I needed, or so she said..

I did recive the foal papers from AMHR no ?s asked. Then 4 months later they ?ed them .And to make a long story short..

The seller walked and I was hung for bad paperwork... Because I had written the horses names and numbers in.. not her..

Please do yourself a big favor send the certificate back to the seller tell them to fill it out right.. That way if the AMHR decideds someone did any thing wrong it will not be you....

Take it from someone who knows
default_new_shocked.gif

I'd see nothing wrong with filling in the registration numbers when the rest of the form is complete. After all, the form, with those registration numbers, hopefully will match the stallion report....which hopefully has been filed with the registry.

Filling in two registration numbers on an otherwise complete breeding certificate is considerably different from filling in a bunch of completely blank forms...and especially if those blank forms included the stallion report...I can see how that could get someone into trouble.

I would have the seller complete the missing parts, if possible, just to be on the safe side, as in littlearab's example.

On the other hasnd, If the seller is unable or at too great a distance, I would advise the seller of your actions and request that they may be required to provide replacements should the registry reject the forms.

I.M.O. When it's just a missing number it would seem to be a petty thing if rejected.

Latest posts

Back