Another recipe share...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
I wanted to share this with my fellow foodie friends here. It is so simple and so agonizingly healthy, but tasty at the same time.

Simple Herb Crusted Salmon

One average filet of Salmon

1 TBS Dried Parsley

1 TBSP Dried Oregano

1 TBSP Dried Thyme

Olive Oil

1 tsp Butter, softened

1/8 tsp lemon juice

Mix softened butter and lemon juice, refrigerate. Place a three count of Olive Oil in an iron skillet and heat until shimmering. Place dried herbs in a small dish and roll Salmon filet in the herbs until well coated. Place Salmon in the skillet and cook approximately 4 minutes per side. Plate and top with chilled lemon butter. Mmmmm....I just had this for dinner. It was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmmm....I do something very similar with the fresh salmon or rainbow trout I buy once a week. Nothing like a fresh piece of salmon...
default_drool5.gif

That does sound good I don't use butter but doesn't sound like it's needed for this recipe. Here's one I just found - I haven'tr tried it yet, but it sure sounds tastey!

Tarragon-Pecan Salmon

4 6-ounce salmon fillets

2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel

1/4 cup orange juice

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon

1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard

1 teaspoon honey

1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs

1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

2 teaspoons snipped fresh parsley

2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon

Snipped fresh tarragon (optional)

Snipped fresh parsley (optional)

Lemon slices (optional)

Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl; set aside. Combine orange peel, orange juice, olive oil, and the 2 teaspoons tarragon; pour over fish, turning to coat. Seal bag; let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degee F. In a small dish combine mustard and honey; set aside. In another dish combine bread crumbs, pecans, parsley, and the remaining 2 teaspoons tarragon. Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade.

Place fish, skin side down, on greased (Pam)shallow baking pan. Brush with mustard mixture; sprinkle with crumb mixture, pressing crumbs gently to coat. Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 16 minutes or until fish just flakes easily with a fork. If desired, sprinkle with additional tarragon and parsley.

Garnish with lemon slices. Makes 4 servings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intimidated by just the word "tarragon"
default_wacko.png
but the first recipe sounds easy enough for even me to try! Are all the measures on the herbs supposed to be TBSP? The parsley says TBS so I wanted to be sure that was a typo and not something different. I'm so clueless in the kitchen....
default_unsure.png

Leia

I'm intimidated by just the word "tarragon"
default_wacko.png
but the first recipe sounds easy enough for even me to try! Are all the measures on the herbs supposed to be TBSP? The parsley says TBS so I wanted to be sure that was a typo and not something different. I'm so clueless in the kitchen....
default_unsure.png

Leia

Yep, all the measurements are equal. It is supposed to be 1 TBSP on each herb. I hope you try it. I just love it and think you will too. This Wednesday, on Salmon night, I'm going to try Hosscrazy's recipe. I'm looking forward to it!

Well, I tried the recipe last night and the flavors were all really good. But here's the problem I had. I put almost everything on the BBQ, not in the oven. So of course, the tarragon/pecan topping didn't stick. The flavor was still there, but I would have like more of the topping to have stayed with the salmon. I think next time I'll either add it on top at the very end of the BBQ'ing OR use some initially, and reserve some to put on top after it's done cooking. Regardless, it was GOOD!

Liz R.

Back