Yummertime in the Summertime

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
I made one of my favorite simple summer dishes, gazpacho and thought I'd share the recipe with you. Hope you like it as much as we do!

12 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped

2 red onions, finely chopped

2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped

1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped

4 stalks celery, chopped

4 TBSp fresh parsley,chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

1/2 cup olive oil

The juice of 3 fresh lemons

2 tsp sugar

salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

6 (or more) drops tabasco

1 tsp Worcestershire

1 small can of tomato juice

1/2 loaf bread crumbs

pinch cumin

1 tsp paprika

1/2 cup white wine

Combine all ingredients, blend to desired consistency. Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend. Serve chilled.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found a yummy summery type salad if anyone is interested..... I do kind of add my own touches to it though....here goes:

Tortellini Pasta Salad

1 bag tortellinis

1 pkg cherry tomatoes

1 to 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (pretty small florets)

1/2 cup or so of snow peas

1 medium size cucumber (seeded and diced)

3/4 cup or so of Balasamic Italian dressing (you can use any Italian dressing...I like Trader Joes Balsamic Italian

Get a pot of water hot (see tortellini directions)....and then blanch the snow peas & the broccoli....(don't cook all the way...just put it in the hot water for a couple mins at most)...then drain & run cold water over it.

Cook tortellini according to directions (I like the 3 cheese spinach or mixed ones I can get in the deli section at the grocery store)

After cooking, drain pasta & run cold water over it....add the broc, tomatoes, cucumber and peas.....I toss it lightly...then add the dressing & toss well.

***I will add diced chicken to make it a nice easy dinner meal..... I bet shrimp would be good too....***

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh this stuff sounds too good. I'd be farting for a month!

Latest posts

Back