Stuffed chicken breasts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I tried a new chicken recipe last night. I LOVED it, Merv not so much but what does he know????

It's for stuffed chicken breasts.

I used two nice sized chicken breasts, just for us.

You make a slit in the meatiest part of the breast, not too large.

Mix the following together:

4 ounces cream cheese(softened a tad)
1 tablespoon butter (softened a tad, too)
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon dried dillweed
1/8 teaspoon marjoram
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon cajun seasoning (duh, I put that in everything)

Once that is all mixed, split it into two equal halves and stuff it into the slit in the chicken breasts. (This should make just enough for the two breasts, you can always make more if you have more chicken)

Now you need to dredge the chicken in flour........then a mixture of 2 tablespoons milk and one beaten egg.........then some seasoned bread crumbs. If the cream cheese is too soft, just pop the chicken into the fridge for a little while to let it harden.

Brown the chicken breasts in a skillet in 2 Tablespoons butter until it's nice and brown on both sides.

Place in a oven safe dish that has been coated with some non-stick spray and cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Mine took 30 minutes, no problem.

I was surprised, but the cream cheese stuffing stayed inside and it was really good. Of course, it's cream cheese, how could you go wrong????
And it was really pretty, too.

You can really use whatever spices you like. That's just what I used.

I will be giving this a try!!! It sounds great and I'm always wanting something new to do with chicken! Thank you for sharing it along
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back