Another driving one

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
Lizzie has been working with Streaker and he has been hooked to the cart a few times with her ground driving behind it. All has been going wonderful. So last night she drove Roger first (he gets a little upset if she doesn't work him first), she then hooked Streaker up and did the usually ground driving for a bit, than hooked him to the cart and ground drove behind it again and I asked if she wanted to try getting in the cart...she smiled and said up. Made him stand, she talked to him and got in the cart, he just stood there and then asked to move on...would have thought he had been driving all along. Needs LOTS of mileage under him and working on turns/backing with the cart but went well. She asked him to go both ways of the ring and even a little trot...ended on a great note!
default_aktion033.gif

Next year she hopes to have both Roger and Streaker at Nationals and both driving, she has an A and a B horse.

Thank you ClearBrook!!!!

Congrats, intend to get my boy started next year, the weather was soo bad here that nothing got done.

That's great, congratulations!! Remember not to work on turning and backing too soon as the horse may then resort to those as evasions when problems come up. Teach forward for a few lessons then start introducing those other moves.
default_wink.png
Can't wait to see pictures!

Leia

Backing is a low item on the totem pole to be worked on. He is really doing great, I still have not been able to get pictures posted. We went to a local 4H show with the intent of Streaker just being there to ground drive around the big horses to have him exposed there. Found out the only other driving horse there was my niece with "stand by" Millie...so in the ring Streaker went. He did GREAT...first class he went round with no issues, even gave Lizzie a little extension, he placed 2nd out of 2 but hey got in the ring and did good. There were no breaks for the driving class so the 2nd class started and when it was time to reverse he had just about lost his enegry (plus the ring was a little muddy), little guy still try and did the awesome, got 2nd again. The judge let them do the 3rd class (command) and it was over very quickly, Streaker picked up the trot faster than Millie so he won that class
default_yes.gif
. So proud of Lizzie and her work with Streaker, her hopes are to have him really ready for the show ring next year. He will get today (Monday) off with no work. Once the snow comes will get the runners or if too deep he will get to do the sled which is more fun
default_biggrin.png

I will try and get pictures of them soon. (if anyone is on facebook pictures are there).

Latest posts

Back