An update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
I went to see my friend last night. She is doing well. She is still VERY shook up about the whole matter but she is laughing occasionally. However if you start talking about anything close to the crash, she shuts down. It's totally understandable though.

The boys didn't have their lights on. No flares, no flashers, nothing. It was pretty dark. They were on this hill that first of all is solid ice. Just yesterday my friend Harrison flipped his truck on that same road - he is fine though - and then last night coming home from my friends I saw cop cars all over that same road. Another accident. Thats 3 on the same road in 4 days! It's insane.

The boys are doing well. At least as well as "well" can be. Tyler can moved from critical to serious. Nikko as far as I know is still in critical, but I haven't heard the most recent news yet.

Its really great to hear that the boys friends don't blame my friend. They know it was an accident. We are two entirely different groups. We aren't going to EVER hang out, but we don't want to hurt them. They are just people and we tend to ignore them.

My friend starting talking about what happened last night. She said that right after it happened, her head was still fairly clear. She got out of the car and the only thing she could think to do was to offer Tyler her coat. It was pretty cold outside. Turns out she had NO idea at all who they were until just yesterday. She said it hurt even worse knowing that she did know at least one of them, and had conversations with him in the past.

It's ironic, because just last Friday Tyler and I were complaining about how in our Environmental science class we had to go and walk outside. It was certainly cold that day.

I would give ANYTHING to give both boys their legs back. I don't know Nikko at all, and I partially know Tyler. I just wish all this hadn't happened.

I am going back over to my friends house tonight after I get off work. I plan to see her every day as much as possible. I am never going to leave her.

She is really afraid that the news crews will be all over her when she comes back. They don't go away. I turned on the 5 o clock news the other night, and low and behold... OMG, I am on tv. They filmed me when Sonya and I were crying and hugging. Not the greatest shot of my face, to say the least. Neither of us knew we were being filmed. Sonya is also a show choir member with me. We are both close to my friend.

Thanks for the update, just keep hanging in there and being a friend. Still keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers and hoping things turn out as well as they can
default_wub.png
:

I am so sorry about your friend and the boys. What a terrible accident.!!! Can you give us another update. ? For myself , your friend is innocent until proven guilty...!!! Not guilty until proven innocent. This poor girl did not do this deliberly people ...and from the looks of the vehicles he must have been more than a little "on" the road. Look at the rear end of that suv...its not hit exactly on the side is it...its almost in the middle. And to me if she had been going to fast she would have gotten hurt also. Not saying she was not speeding, that is for the law to determine and it for a "JUDGE" to figure out if she is guilty, not us...come on !! The title of her post was "she needs our support and prayers" Why do some people on here always start bashing.?????????????????>? I am so sorry for both partys here so please keep us posted and my prayers are going out for all concerned. God bless.

Clara

((((HUGS)))) and prayers going out to all of those in pain and who are suffering because of this accident.

Jamie your loyalty to stand by your friend when she is down and in so much termoil is admirable and shows what kind of person you are.

I am very glad that you are a friend of both my boys. ((((( )))))

I am so sorry about your friend and the boys. What a terrible accident.!!! Can you give us another update. ? For myself , your friend is innocent until proven guilty...!!! Not guilty until proven innocent. This poor girl did not do this deliberly people ...and from the looks of the vehicles he must have been more than a little "on" the road. Look at the rear end of that suv...its not hit exactly on the side is it...its almost in the middle. And to me if she had been going to fast she would have gotten hurt also. Not saying she was not speeding, that is for the law to determine and it for a "JUDGE" to figure out if she is guilty, not us...come on !! The title of her post was "she needs our support and prayers" Why do some people on here always start bashing.?????????????????>? I am so sorry for both partys here so please keep us posted and my prayers are going out for all concerned. God bless.

Clara

You said it perfectly and thank you.

Jamie your loyalty to stand by your friend when she is down and in so much termoil is admirable and shows what kind of person you are.

I am very glad that you are a friend of both my boys. ((((( )))))

I never back away from a friend in need. I am here 24/7 365 days a year for ANYONE. I am really glad both Michael and Daniel are my friends too Marty. Tell that Daniel kiddo to please call me. I am rather bored around here. Either that or I need his cell number so I can call and bug him
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I was glad to hear this, and enjoyed talking with you last night/this morning.

I hope things continue to go in a healthy, healing direction.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy for anyone, and resentment may indeed show up later on down the road as the full weight of what's happened settles in, but I hope not.

Good luck to all involved and hey you have my number/contact info/you know where I am.

Liz

Latest posts

Back