An intimate birthing experience with my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good grieif..gimma a tissue
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting that was beautiful to read..thank you for sharing ...snif....snif..
default_new_shocked.gif

What a Beautiful story! Tearing up here to hear what a sweet relationship you have with your mare
default_wub.png

Cant wait to see pixs of her and the baby/

What a beautiful story...Congratulations on a new filly and the wonderful moment shared with your mare!!! :love

What a beautiful story and such a special moment. Congratulations on your new filly. Thanks for sharing. Gave me the warm and fuzzies.
default_smile.png

What a wonderful story. I felt the same way with both of the births here on my farm this year. I was the only human present for both, and it was the first time I have had a horse born here. It felt so magical, and I know you felt the same way I did. I especially felt that way with Stepper's baby, when she laid down in her grass paddock and had her foal right in front of the baby's sire, Alladdin. The whole time he was softly nickering in the background, it was just so beautiful!
default_wub.png
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!

Congratulations on your new filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah What a nice experience for you.
default_smile.png

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new filly!
default_smile.png
:) I always tear up when the barn "sings" after a new foal arrives.

Thank you everyone for you beautiful comments!!!! I will have Chesa post some pics when she comes for a visit.

Have a nice day.

Gina

Congratulations and what a beautiful story to share with others. I love it when a new foal arrives and the other horses whinny back in unison to greet the new one. Enjoy your foal lots! Lavonne

Oh Gina, thank you for sharing that beautiful story with us. It brought tears to my eyes.

And congratulations on your new family member.

Charlotte

That made me tear up too! What a beautiful story!
default_wub.png

Congrats on your new baby!

I remember when my mare Rose was a maiden and in labor. I was sitting on the ground .She came over to me, gave me a kiss, turned around so her rump was nearly in my lap, laid down and started pushing. She knew momma was there and would help her.

Hey All.

i'm tearing up here as well...but not just cuz its after 4 am already....but b/c i JUST had the same experience. I've been in the barn since 1am...and for the most part...i was giving mommy some rest...while i cradled the baby and dried it off. It's a cold night tonight...and it took almost an hour for the baby to stop shivering...but 3 changes of clothes...and the baby...or should i say filly...is doing great! mom slept on and off...and then she came to me...sniffed the baby in my arms...kissed the baby...and then me on the forehead. *sigh*...i'm just so thankful everything went well...she made sure to go into labor during the hour i'm usually not there...and so i was an hour late...but i just left a few minutes ago..with the mom and baby cuddling together...i'll take some pics after i get some zzz's.

Again, i want to wish everyone a happy and problem free foaling season!! good luck to all!!

nella

Glad everything went ok ..Looking forward to seeing the photos !

that's beautiful! you're so lucky to have been able to experiance that. good luck with the foal!

Latest posts

Back