An intimate birthing experience with my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'sMinis

Reaction score
Hi...My mare just had a beautiful little girl. I wanted to share our baby story with you as it touched my heart.

I glanced at the monitor and notice her tail up and neck stretched up and she made a couple of circles....I knew right away she was in labor. I quietly went to the barn and moved her to her inside stall. She layed down right away. Within a couple of minutes there was the bubble. I got the sheet ready and towels handy. She stood up and circled and layed back down and started pushing. I went in the stall put the sheet under her and just watched. Once the baby was half way out I broke the bag and started getting her cleaned up. Mom layed there for a couple of minutes before she got up. She turned around nuzzled her baby and then to my surprise she nuzzled and licked my forehead as if she was thanking me. Then she gave a little whinny and everyone in the barn started to whinny and the baby's dad started rearing up in his stall in celebration. After that all was quiet in the barn.

To receive that kind of affection from a mare especially after just having a baby was something I will never forget. And then to witness the barn celebration was a very neat experience also.

Thanks for letting me share.

Gina

That is very special!!! Reading what happened made me tear up in a good way. Thanks for sharing what happened with us
love0075.gif

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
That is wonderful! Congrats to you! Look forward to seeing pix!

Made me tear up!!!

Isnt that the best !!!
default_smile.png

Congrats,

Linda Killion

Oh wow! What a wonderful experience!! It made me tear up too. She loves you very much!
default_wub.png
Can't wait to see your new little girl!!

That's amazing. You are so lucky to have experienced something like that.

Congrats on the birth of you little filly and what a lovely experience you shared with your mare.

For those who do not feel "animals" have such love and sensitive feelings of family, this is a testament to the fact that those people are just wrong! Of course, we here, know the truth.

You were so fortunate to have been included in her circle of chosen family. Congratulations!
default_wub.png

Another testament to the love she receives from you.

OH, Congratulations on that wonderful new foal, too.

What a smiler of a story.........Thank you for sharing that.
default_wub.png

Gina, what an awesome story! I am awaiting my first EVER foal who is due in June. I so hope for a wonderful experience, especially for my mare who I adore!

Congratulations to you!

Congratulations on your baby girl. I'll tell you those kinda moments only happen once in a lifetime. You must have a wonderful bond with your mare. Isn't it something how the other horses know what is going on!!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrate's Gina!!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you!! I only live 6 miles from her so I will be over this weekend to see the little girl myself!!
default_yes.gif
If she wants I will be camera happy and take some pictures to post on here to show everyone if she wants! I can't wait to see the little filly. Her full sister really kicked major but as a weanling in the show pen! Gina takes SUCH good care of her horses! You guys would be so impressed!
default_biggrin.png
She has a neat little set up too at her place!! Gina's the one who got me ALL started (the "bug") with the minis!!
default_wub.png
So if she will I will post pictures for her on Sunday after I stop by!

What an obviously special bond you and your mare share. Thanks for letting the rest of us enjoy the moment with you.

Latest posts

Back