an insaine woman..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krissy3

I have a 14 yearold Chihuahua...she is very attached to me , no one else can pick herup or pet her, she has always been very timid, and I have protected her all these years. My husband and I have a hotel...Izzabell wants to be with us at the hotel , she is not happy alone at home, so she stays with us. She usually stays in the office , or behind the reception desk, or follows me around. We have a group of senior people here . One of these women apparently loves dogs , and forces dogs to allow her to pet and "overwhelm " them. Last night this crazy woman was crawling under a table tryint to get my chihuahua , saying "she likes me she likes me... my poor little dog was running away from this freak of a woman. and I said , hey, she is old and sick please leave her be... the woman just continued persuing my dog. I scooped Izzy up and we went home. Tonight ( just now) this lady cornered Izzy in the bar , and grabed her and is forcing my dog to sit in her lap and be petted. I know this woman isnt hurting Izzy , but Izzy is my "child" and right now I want to cry, I feel like a child molester has my child .... am I way too sensitive , or is this woman 100% over a boundry ? I cant imaguing doing this to someone elses dog can you? I am going to the bar right now and taking my dog. I know the other people in there< can read my face..they are just looking at me like I am going to blow a gasket. Thanks I needed to share , to let some of the steam out , or I would come unglued on this freak woman.

well, I found Izzy waiting for me at thekitchen entrance, so she must have jumped out of this womans lap, and thank god didnt hurt herself, she is very small, as as I said old and fragile. Izzy smelled like this womand bath splash, so I just gave her a bath, and put her to bed. I am super protective of my animals,,, maybe i am the freak, I dont know. I use to be likee this stupid woman when I was young and stupid. I thought that animals loved me as much as I loved them...Horses helped me learn to work for animals love , trust and respect, it doesnt just automaticly come to you because you ask for it. You have to earn it. Funny , this woman thinks she loves animals so much , but doesnt realize that you cant force things to love you back, and she does not know how to read obvious body language. Id like to lock her in a stall with a 16 hand scared stallion, and give her the first lesson on reading body language. When I say Izzy running away from this woman and this woman grabbing her by the arm and dragging herto come back...it was the worst feeling I have ever felt, i was totally unable to protect Izzy, I never want to feel like that again.

Nope, it's not you. I was getting mad just reading your post. I am quiet sure I would have told the woman in no uncertain terms, PAWS OFF my dog!!!! LOL. But, I feel the sae was as you....my dogs are my "kids" and while I know they are dogs, I treat them as a member of the family. To have someone take her away from you would be like someone grabbing your child away and holding him/her, even if you didn't want them to. Why can't some poeple just smarten up? and I'm sure the woman thought she was being nice.... ugh.
default_no.gif

Too funny you gave her a bath. Don't blame you.

Give Izzy some extra kisses from me. She deserves it, poor old girl.
default_wub.png

You say you have a group of senior people there and that this one women seems to like dogs soooo...this does not make her what you call her in your words a crazy women or a freak of a women. She's a senior FGS maybe it takes her back to a younger time remembering...happenes to a lot of the old ones you know. Keep the freaking dog where only you have access to him then and wella no problem..

The best solution is to leave her at home until this group leaves. Its the safest place for your dog. Or keep her in your office where no one else is allowed. If you let your dog roam around a public area, your just asking for problems.

I totally understand your protective instincts, but I think bringing your dog to the hotel might give people the wrong impression about why she's there. Most businesses around here that have animals present use them as greeters. I agree with the last two posters that your best option is to keep her out of the public eye.

I have a 14 yearold Chihuahua...she is very attached to me , no one else can pick herup or pet her, she has always been very timid, and I have protected her all these years. My husband and I have a hotel...Izzabell wants to be with us at the hotel , she is not happy alone at home, so she stays with us. She usually stays in the office , or behind the reception desk, or follows me around. We have a group of senior people here . One of these women apparently loves dogs , and forces dogs to allow her to pet and "overwhelm " them. Last night this crazy woman was crawling under a table tryint to get my chihuahua , saying "she likes me she likes me... my poor little dog was running away from this freak of a woman. and I said , hey, she is old and sick please leave her be... the woman just continued persuing my dog. I scooped Izzy up and we went home. Tonight ( just now) this lady cornered Izzy in the bar , and grabed her and is forcing my dog to sit in her lap and be petted. I know this woman isnt hurting Izzy , but Izzy is my "child" and right now I want to cry, I feel like a child molester has my child .... am I way too sensitive , or is this woman 100% over a boundry ? I cant imaguing doing this to someone elses dog can you? I am going to the bar right now and taking my dog. I know the other people in there< can read my face..they are just looking at me like I am going to blow a gasket. Thanks I needed to share , to let some of the steam out , or I would come unglued on this freak woman.
Okay, you're not going to find anyone who loves her dogs more than I love mine, but to say that you know the lady is not hurting Izzy and then in the next "breath" to say you feel like a child molester has your child has got to be so deeply, outrageously upsetting to anyone who has either been molested or had a child who was abused by another.

Get a grip. If you can't stand her holding yet not hurting your dog, go up to her and tell her "Give me my dog NOW." I don't see why there's an issue to be discussed here. I cannot imagine brooding on the computer over someone holding Watson, Wilson, Willow, etc., vs. going over and demanding my dog back OR deciding to let the "crazy old lady" have some happiness while petting (and not hurting) my dog. Not everything has to be complicated...

Okay, you're not going to find anyone who loves her dogs more than I love mine, but to say that you know the lady is not hurting Izzy and then in the next "breath" to say you feel like a child molester has your child has got to be so deeply, outrageously upsetting to anyone who has either been molested or had a child who was abused by another.

Get a grip. If you can't stand her holding yet not hurting your dog, go up to her and tell her "Give me my dog NOW." I don't see why there's an issue to be discussed here. I cannot imagine brooding on the computer over someone holding Watson, Wilson, Willow, etc., vs. going over and demanding my dog back OR deciding to let the "crazy old lady" have some happiness while petting (and not hurting) my dog. Not everything has to be complicated...
Hey...That's just what I was thinking
default_wink.png

I can understand being protective of a pet that is timid & doesn't like strangers, but in view of that I would not put my pet into a situation where he can be cornered and caught by a stranger. I've had cats that were afraid of strangers. In the case of a house cat, when company comes I shut the cat into a back bedroom where she won't be seen by visitors. If visitors don't see her, then they won't be trying to catch or pet her--saves a lot of stress for her and me!

So, I have to say I agree with those above who suggest that you should keep your dog away from the public parts of the hotel. If guests don't see her, they cannot torment her in any way.

I must point out, as someone else already did, this lady isn't insane, it sounds like she's simply old and perhaps not completely competent mentally. You say that you behaved the same way when you were young and stupid. I suggest that you keep in mind that someday when you are old you may revert back to acting that same way! Perhaps you won't care if someone then calls you insane?

Nope, it's not you. I was getting mad just reading your post. I am quiet sure I would have told the woman in no uncertain terms, PAWS OFF my dog!!!! LOL. But, I feel the sae was as you....my dogs are my "kids" and while I know they are dogs, I treat them as a member of the family. To have someone take her away from you would be like someone grabbing your child away and holding him/her, even if you didn't want them to. Why can't some poeple just smarten up? and I'm sure the woman thought she was being nice.... ugh.
no.gif

Too funny you gave her a bath. Don't blame you.

Give Izzy some extra kisses from me. She deserves it, poor old girl.
wub.gif

Thank you ... obviously you understand ... the rest of you dont. This woman was in the office, in the storage room , under a flippen table . When she finally captured the dog she was behind the bar where the employees work. When you are checked into a hotel you are a guest. restricted areas are not for the guests. The hotel is the dogs home, as we are there sometimes 16 hours a day. my dog has a right to feel safe at her home . she does not wander freely through the hotel, she naps quietly behind the reception desk.

Some of you have pastures off a busy street...does this mean that your horses are there for people to pet? if a horse is visible , and a person can get at it with a little effort then I guess its OK for them to do so. How is a persons fenced pasture , and my closed office, or behind a bar, or my reception desk any different, other then one restricted area is inside and one is outside. What if you were at a show and some woman wouldnt leave your horse alone, and your horse was upset. It would be the exact same thing,how would you feel if this woman went into your horses pen at a show to petit because she had a pony when she was a kid ?

the woman was not so old , maybe 60 , she should have had more respect for me the dog and as a guest in our hotel. next time you go to a hotel or restraunt, imagine going into the kitchen un announced, uninvited, or go to the storrage area, behind the cash register. how many of you would do that and think its OK?

Last edited:
Maybe you could get one of those dog playpen type things that you can configure into different shapes and have an area next to your reception desk right with you that Izzy stays in, so shes not able to run around freely. People wont be as likely to touch her if they have to go behind your desk etc to get to her. The pens are about $50 here. You could even make a little sign that somehow says in a nice way that you are flattered they like your dog, but she is not to be touched.

If I had Izzy in a playpen I am afraid she couldnt get away, she would be defencless and trapped , a woman like this would just reach in and grab her. That same woman hopped my fence , and was in the stall with the horses this morning feeding them bread from the breakfast buffet I prepared this morning. They are gone now thank goodness, back to Germany for this woman. The rest of the group however were very nice and polite. This woman was just a nut case. I cant believe she jumped my locked gate to get to the horses too. I have no tresspassing signs in 4 different languages all over the fence too !!

Last edited:
If I had Izzy in a playpen I am afraid she couldnt get away, she would be defencless and trapped , a woman like this would just reach in and grab her. That same woman hopped my fence , and was in the stall with the horses this morning feeding them bread from the breakfast buffet I prepared this morning. They are gone now thank goodness, back to Germany for this woman. The rest of the group however were very nice and polite. This woman was just a nut case. I cant believe she jumped my locked gate to get to the horses too. I have no tresspassing signs in 4 different languages all over the fence too !!
Sounds like you should add spry and agile to the description of this "crazy old lady". I hope I'm still hopping fences when I'm a senior citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who owns chis (nick name) only 2 of them have accepted me and will sit with me. You have every right Krissy to be upset with the situation. I would scare her into not touching izzy again with saying you will press chargess. Maybe it is time someone spreads awareness for chis. I would gladly join in with the many who I belive would love to share the breed with others. Krissy i find you to be a awesome person standing up for your girl and saying this isnt right. I am dissaponted that a few people here have not been helpful to you. Support is what you need right now so here I am if you need anything at all.

Andrea

I would suggest putting up a sign that everyone can read. Something to the affect that there is a small dog on the premises and please don't try to pet or touch him. At the entrance to the facility so you have the grounds to then ask people to back off or else.

When people came to my home I always made it clear don't mess with my animals or my family. They are and always will be the most important things in my life so BACK OFF! There is a guy in our community that isn't Right if you know what I mean. He kept feeding my old dog bread. My dog wasn't thin and need of food. He would eat the bread then not eat his food. I finally got really angry and went nose to nose with this guy yelling and screaming at him to stop because asking nicely didn't work. I set up a video recorder and got him on video walking onto my property to feed the dog. I told the police about my battles with him and they thought I was crazy for getting into a confrontation with him and feared for me. I told them to handle it then! Guess they did as Bubba started eating his own food again and he doesn't seem to bother my German Shepherd when he runs out hair standing up and tells the guy to back off even from across the street.

I know this was stressful for you but to be safe you need to post a sign.

Hopefully the lady is gone now and things will get back to normal.

I also wouldn't stay in a hotel that has dogs roaming freely around the public areas...bar, restaurant....here that would be considered a violation of the health code. If you are going to have your dog (and yes, the same applies to horses and whatever other animals!!) in a place where the public can see them, then you have to expect that sooner or later you will have to deal with some member of the public that is a nuisance to you or your animals. If your dog is so stressed by this woman, then for the dog's sake put her where the woman cannot have access to her.

If I were at a show and someone kept going into my stall and bothering my horse...or if someone kept going into my pasture here at home...I would deal with it in whatever manner was required. Sorry, I wouldn't bother to rant about it on a public forum. I guess I just don't need attention that badly!

I also wouldn't stay in a hotel that has dogs roaming freely around the public areas...bar, restaurant....here that would be considered a violation of the health code. If you are going to have your dog (and yes, the same applies to horses and whatever other animals!!) in a place where the public can see them, then you have to expect that sooner or later you will have to deal with some member of the public that is a nuisance to you or your animals. If your dog is so stressed by this woman, then for the dog's sake put her where the woman cannot have access to her.

If I were at a show and someone kept going into my stall and bothering my horse...or if someone kept going into my pasture here at home...I would deal with it in whatever manner was required. Sorry, I wouldn't bother to rant about it on a public forum. I guess I just don't need attention that badly!
Excellent points!
yes.gif

I can understand your protective instinct, but if you don't want anyone petting/touching Izzy, you should probably leave her at home.

Sounds like you should add spry and agile to the description of this "crazy old lady". I hope I'm still hopping fences when I'm a senior citizen.
LOL Jill I do to! Heck I dont know how well I could jump a fence now?!

[/quote

I hope you never travel to Switzerland , Germany, Italy or France. Animals are allowed in public places, restraunts and hotels shopping centers, and even markets in some areas. The dog was fine until the woman crawled under the "Stampt Tisch" to fetch her , and behind the bar, the dog usually never goes there,, but when being summoned ...well she did. when was the last time you crawled under a table in a public place to pet a dog that was running away from you ? I dont think you would do that. And No ....you wouldnt rant in the "rant "section of a forum for attention, you just attack me in a passive agressive manner to get attention, or to make yourself happy.I dont know, (I feel another attack in less then 1 hour ) You my "friend" are doing the same thing... expressing your feelings, just like I am expressing my feelings, but my feelings are about a situation that happened to ME. You are free to bash me , insult me , and gang up on me as you do when you can, I find it amusing . I am an advocate for animals , always have been , and i am not ashamed to speak up for the rights , personal or physical of the animals that cant. I will continue to listen to animals , as I hold them on a higher level then some of the people I have met.
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back