AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMHR has a rule that you cannot run an AMHA show on the same AMHR Show schedule. But there are clubs who do run and AMHR show one day and then close the show and the next day open and AMHA show and close it in one day. So it does happen. In MN this past summer, the MMHC three a one day APSC, one day AMHR and one day AMHA show on the same weekend.

I believe more than the AMHA so the AMHR will eventually have to start sponsoring the club here through ICAMH..
maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning--AMHR doesn't really "sponsor" anything. Any club can become AMHR affiliated--not sure what that takes offhand, but it's easy to check out--but the affiliated clubs aren't what I'd call sponsored ("sponsored" always makes me think of money being given, and AMHR doesn't give money to clubs or shows). For an AMHR show you just have to have a group of people willing to work and put up the money...if not actually put up money themselves, then they have to do fundraising of some sort, and/or collect sponsorships from owners/breeders/businesses. You don't have to have a club to run a show--you just need a show committee.
As for a show in Kansas--does the state fair already have an AMHA show included in it? If the state fair (or any fair for that matter) doesn't already have a Mini show with it you might be able to approach the fair board & ask if they'd be interested in holding an AMHR (or AMHR/ASPC) show. It's often beneficial to hold a show in conjunction with a fair because the fair board may cover some expenses--ribbons, judge, insurance....or at least part of those expenses. Something to check into anyway.

So your area doesnt have to have a club to run a show?

What a great idea running it on a day at a local fair and the fairboards are always looking for something new that someone else is willing to organize and look after and their insurance would cover it.

Can you show your own horses when you run a show though?

Cathy

As for a show in Kansas--does the state fair already have an AMHA show included in it? If the state fair (or any fair for that matter) doesn't already have a Mini show with it you might be able to approach the fair board & ask if they'd be interested in holding an AMHR (or AMHR/ASPC) show. It's often beneficial to hold a show in conjunction with a fair because the fair board may cover some expenses--ribbons, judge, insurance....or at least part of those expenses. Something to check into anyway.
The Kansas State Fair does already have an AMHA show that the heartland club puts on...

Cathy--the show manager cannot show at the show. Problem is solved by getting someone else to act as show manager (friend, spouse, non-show Mini enthusiast or whomever)--the good part is, that for a fair show, the show manager is not required to have an AMHR/ASPC membership.

Latest posts

Back