AMHR Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am still pretty much a newbie to minis but not totally to horses so most things I'm pretty confidant in. Now showing for me is a whole new ballgame. I do plan to go and watch a few shows but thought here would be a great place to get info from those that show. The only registered mini I have currently is a 4 yr old mare due to foal most likely in the next 30 days. She will not be bred back and next year hopefully will become my show horse. I have considered trying to get her into the ring later this year in the broodmare and mare & foal classes. Maybe even put the foal in foal of current year class. Does anyone show in these classes? I'm more interested in just getting the experience of being in the ring before I really start showing seriously next year. Would it be a good place for a beginner to start? I'm also looking for any tips, tricks of the trade, or even just your first show experience. Any info regarding showing from training to entering the ring would be great. I really hope this will help not only me but all others who are new to showing.

Thanks

Brenda

Showing a broodmare and a foal will be ALOT of hassle for you. They just aren't that fun to show lol. I would wait until next year to show her. She will be ALOT calmer for you and you might actually enjoy it.

I actually have a page on my website "showing for newbies" that you could read... here is the link:

Showing for Newbies

There are other pages which might be of interest to you, too.

Andrea

Wow great sites, both of you. Very informative. Thank you. Sunraye I kind of wondered how much of a hassle it would be. Any one showing in Illinois interested in some help in exchange for showing a newbie the ropes?

Latest posts

Back