AMHR show schedule

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
I know it seems like all that gets on here is a gripe about AMHR but I sure wish they'd get the shows PENDING approved!

I just don't understand the big deal and why it takes so long. All I know is it's winter; I'm bored and all there is to do is day dream. I can't dream very far ahead because the shows can't (or won't) put their class lists up until the show is approved.
default_crybaby.gif

DId I mention I hate winter!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't thnk it's the office that's the delay. Pending means that the Date has been held, not that the showbill has been submitted for approval. So it's probably the show managers working feverishly to get them in. Once in they can't be changed, so it's better to have them right the first time
default_biggrin.png

I thought it was very odd that the whole show schedule is not yet confirmed. We are going to be setting our show season soon and shows that are still pending, or not on the website at all will have to be left out unfortunately. Hopefully they get it up and finallized soon.

There is alot of different steps that have to be taken for the shows to be finalized to make the "pending" dissappear on the schedule on the registry website. There is alot of paperwork that has to be in place and it takes time to do so or else there is a much bigger mess afterwards, especially in what type of show your having whether is a AA Rated show or the other classified rated shows being single A, Double AA or triple AAA shows. There are different options of classes for different rated shows to be approved. I have done in the past some proof reading of the class layouts, to help out to see which ones apply and it is very time consuming. The shows will be posted pretty quickly once things are set. Most of the shows are the same time every year so they have the same date that way people can plan pretty well. Not too shows ever change their dates...if their is a show in question perhaps someone could help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, you cannot blame the registry for the shows on the list being

'pending' instead of 'approved'. To be approved the show committee must have its show book completed, show sanction application all filled out and signed, sanctioning fees paid--judges and steward must be booked, class list must be complete.

The show approvals are kind of an ongoing thing, because show committees/managers sometimes don't get their paperwork into the registry until just before the deadline, which is 60 days prior to the show date. So, while the April shows will have their applications sent in already, the July shows don't have to have theirs in until May, and the August shows not until June.

You can pretty much count on the shows being approved, especially if its a long standing show that runs year after year. I wouldn't scratch a show off my list of planned events just because it's still in pending status--you can pretty much count on their being approved in time for the show to be held as planned. Once in awhile one will get cancelled prior to being approved--perhaps due to lack of volunteers to run the show, perhaps due to lack of funds, or who knows what reason causes a show to be cancelled--but I don't think too many of them get dropped off in any given year.

Our June show here, for instance, is still in pending status, but plans are very near to being complete. I have to get the show manager's signature on the application and the judge's contract and then it can be sent in for approval. The class list is complete, the entry form is done, the show fees are all set, the officials are hired--I expect to have it all sent into the registry by March 1st, a little over 3 mos. prior to the date of the show. That allows me plenty of time to make revisions if I've messed something up, but hopefully I haven't--last year (my first attempt at putting together a show book for an ASPC/AMHR show) the show got approved on the first try.

A show can post its show book prior to the show being approved, but only if there is a notice on the first page making it clear to all that the show is still 'pending approval'--I think most shows don't post their show books until after the show is approved just because it's easier that way.

Thanks to all for the explanations; especially to Holly who emailed me.

I knew that there were lots of hoops to jump thru but I thought one particular show way down in July had everything done. Apparently not! Thanks again.

There are lots of reasons why the "pending" stays on so long.

Insurance is one issue. Fairs have to show "Current" year pink slip to prove they have the proper insureance. If a fair board has their annual renewal in June for instance & their fair show is pending -- all of hte paperwork may be done except to show their renewal -- which will NOT be done before the annual renewal date-- you know no one pays their car insureanc 6 months early so you can "prove" you are going to do it this year.

Same thing applies -- so sometimes it is just a little thing beyond anyone's control that holds it up./

However, usually if a show is the same time for years & years we just assume it will be & schedule that date on the calendar.

It is a lot of hard work getting everything just so for a show to be held, so we can just "show up" & exhibit our horses & drive on home again.

My hat is off to all of those show managers who do such a terrific job out here for us all to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back