AMHR registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.T

Reaction score
My horse is registered AMHA and I want to register her AMHR. Both of her parents have R papers but she was not registered R. Would I go about registering her as a hardship from AMHA or is it possible to register her late and get all of the papers signed by the mare and stallion's owners? Which would be best/cost affective? Thoughts?

It will probably be cheaper if you do the regular registration but may not be easier.

First you will need to fill out a late stallion report and that will be $25 and I don't know if the person who bred the mare has to do it or if it can be the current stallion's owner. If she is over 3 years of age then it will be $60 on registration fees. You will also need a stallion service certificate signed by both stallion and mare owners and again I don't know if you will have to have actual signatures from the owners at the time of service. I'm pretty sure you do. Also the stallion and dam must be brought pernament if they aren't already.

So your looking at maybe $100 especially if your membership is already paid for, whereas if you just hardship her in using her AMHA papers your looking at paying $260 if she is 3 years of age.

and right now the AMHR Hardship Fees are Cut in Half
default_smile.png

I just had the same issue and decided it would be easier in the long run to just hardship from AMHA while the fees were 1/2 price ($100 for mare or gelding) for 2012. Got the papers back in record time too. Either way you have to pay the regular registration fee.

I forgot the fees are 1/2 off. Still will be cheaper to register the regular way. Plus you can get the full pedigree on the papers. Its more work but if you know the owners then it'll be the best way to go.

Back