AMHR Registration Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesFamily

Reaction score
I bought a miniature gelding in October. He was 3 years old and the seller stated he was registered with AMHR. After I loaded him in the trailer, she hands me papers which are completed applications - so he was never registered. That was fine, I know his breeder so I figured I could get anything straightened out that I needed.

So, what I have is the original AMHR Registration Application completed by the breeder with a signed application of transfer to his previous owner. She then completed an application for transfer for me. So my first question - should I send both transfers in with the Registration Application? Will AMHR accept that? Or should I go back to the breeder and just ask them to fill out a new transfer form that just lists me and skip the middle owner since they were never on record as having owned him?

My second question, while downloading forms on AMHR, I saw the Gelding Certificate that has to be completed by the vet who performed the operation. I have NO idea who that is! I have the date of the surgery but the seller did not give me a completed Gelding Certificate. It states that this has to accompany the registration application. Has anyone dealt with this before??

Thanks!

Barbara

If you can go back to the breeder and ask for them to fill out a new registration application and new transfer that would be easiest. Also you can register him as just a gelding.

Otherwise your going to have to send in both transfers and you have to pay for both of them and register him as a stallion which is a higher fee and as far as the gelding certificate goes you may have to ask AMHR what to do about that or someone else here might be able to help answer that.

Thank you for your response! So if I go back to the breeder, I can just fill in the date of gelding on the new Application (which I do know) and not have to have a gelding certificate? I hope so!

Thanks again!

Barbara

Okay - that's what I was afraid of! Luckily I looked through my e-mail and I still kept one of the seller's e-mails so I will be contacting her to see if I can get one completed.

Thanks for your help!

Barbara

Latest posts

Back