AMHR NATIONALS?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esty

Reaction score
Hi,

Is the Amhr national show called The national show, or is it also now A World show as with amha?

I was looking at some ads and was a bit confused on a few horses .

Thanks

Sue

I am pretty sure that the AMHR National Show is still called the AMHR National Show, unless they just changed it.

saludando.gif

[SIZE=14pt]AMHR Nationals are still the nationals. There is a World Championship show in July in conjunction with the Ohio state fair. These are the ads where you are seing "Worlds " mentioned in the Journal.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks

That did clear it up..

It was the ads in the Jornal that had me confused.

I personally find those show names very confusing! AMHA has its World Show, there's the AMHR or ASPC World show or World Championship (whatever THAT'S supposed to mean!), there's the AMHR Nationals but many people refer to the AMHA Worlds as the Nationals, too, and then Congress, etc.

I'd sure like to seem some different names! And why are there THREE championship shows (Nationals, World, Congress) within the AMHR/ASPC, aside from the fact that Congress is for Shetlands only.
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Sunny said:
I personally find those show names very confusing!  AMHA has its World Show, there's the AMHR or ASPC World show or World Championship (whatever THAT'S supposed to mean!), there's the AMHR Nationals but many people refer to the AMHA Worlds as the Nationals, too, and then Congress, etc. 
I'd sure like to seem some different names!  And why are there THREE championship shows (Nationals, World, Congress) within the AMHR/ASPC, aside from the fact that Congress is for Shetlands only. 
wacko.gif

wacko.gif

wacko.gif

491184[/snapback]

torch.gif
I'm with ya'.

World? Come on... Who ships their minis over-seas just to show? Who can affod to? Would you send yours to Asia if the "World" show was there? Stick them in quarantine and all that fun stuff in the middle of their training program?

It's all about trying to sound like you have something better than what others have. World sounds bigger and better... Ironically, the mere National AHMR show has, by far, the largest number of entries...and better?....well, that's all up to individual opinion.

The Ohio "World" show is a tradition thing. Pesonally, I think they should drop the title, but then, I don't have a full grasp on the history involved. I just hate trying to explain to people that my National Champion did NOT get beat by that horse. (Like I had to just yesterday.
frusty.gif
)

Congress is an appropriate name for such a gathering, but if you've ever tried to tell a non-horse-obsessed person that a horse is a Congress Champion, they just look at you as if you've just made a bad political joke and eventually ask, "Is that good?" "Nationals", the commoner understands to be significant and "World" they automatically misunderstand to be even more significant because they have no idea that it's just a naming game.

To me, a "World" gathering contains all of the National Champions from many countries. Where are the Russian, Indonesian, Iranian etc. Regionals held at? How can we justify a "World" title from an organization who's name clearly starts with "American"?

Recognizing that there are some nice horses coming down from Canada, I could understand using the title of "North American" or "Continental" show, but who wants to add in ANOTHER set of titles to the mix?

OK, I'll step down from my soap-box now...feel free to attack.

Latest posts

Back