AMHR Nationals Questions...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Reaction score
Well, we have decided that we're going to try AMHR Nationals this year, and as I've never been before, I have some questions that I was hoping that someone might be able to answer for me!

First, what are the stalls like? Are they able to be disassembled to make display/hospitality areas, and larger tack rooms, or are you stuck with the basic 10x10 (or whatever size) configuration?

Does one need a golf cart like at AMHA Nationals? If so, where can you rent them from?

Is there someone there who rents or sells plants and flowers?

What about furniture rentals? From where?

And finally, after looking at the program, I am wondering whether it is typical for the show to run extremely late at night and into the early morning. I don't know if it's possible to get through so many evening classes (and from what I hear, the driving classes will have multiple splits each) in only a few hours! Should I be preparing myself to show at 3am?! lol..
default_unsure.png
:

Thanks in advance for everyone's help, and we are really excited to try something new and meet some new people!

The stalls are made like "portable" stalls. they have 4 pannels with drop pins so you CAN indeed take them apart to make them larger/smaller/ open front ect.

Honestly you could get away without a golf cart. It's all within easy walking distance but can get tiring if you need to walk back and forth ALOT. we did it without anything last year and it was much better than i had expected.

I believe i was told that you can rent furniture and stuff though we didn't. i'm sure someone else can tell you the where and whatfor of that deal.

The evening classes tended to go to 11:00-12:00 i don't recall them ever going much later..but maybe i missed those ones. I don't believe they ever show till 3:00am
default_smile.png
Hope this helps.

I believe today was the closing date for entries. Really, really early this year. I'm afraid lots of folks didn't realize the new closing date :no:

Pam

Great! I am glad the stalls can be disassembled, otherwise I ordered way too many tack/display stalls! We did get our entries in, but that is too bad if some people did not realize the date was so early - it did surprise me that they were due by now...

Anyone else have any ideas of contact information for renting golf carts/furniture?

Oh, and does anyone know if anybody usually comes that services clippers?

And finally, after looking at the program, I am wondering whether it is typical for the show to run extremely late at night and into the early morning. I don't know if it's possible to get through so many evening classes (and from what I hear, the driving classes will have multiple splits each) in only a few hours! Should I be preparing myself to show at 3am?! lol..
OK - ....class can run late my 11 year old daughter showed in youth versatility at 2:30AM two years ago - I will never forget that because there were kids sleeping everywhere and parents waking them up for their classes. It was crazy. Last year was better because they added a day and moved the schedule around, but I don't think any of the days ended much before 11PM.

We couldn't have survived without our golf cart. We stayed in the RV park and went back and forth in the cart many times through out the day plus even running back and forth from barn to barn or down to the arena.

There is some company that rents furniture and delivers and picks it up that people use but we haven't used it so I can't give you the contact.

Tony from Pro Cuts is always there and I love him. We have him service and tune up our Double K's every year and sharpen all of our blades.

We have a great time at nationals and it has been a wonderful experience for our family.

Yes classes do run late- or early, hahaha, depending on how you look at it.

You might put in a call to AMHR to get the names of contacts, like for a golf cart, so you can reserve one.

You will LOVE R nationals- a lot of fun and a lot of fun people!!! I am going again this year- missed the last 2 years, so am excited to return!!

Anyone want to stow me away in their trailer. :D Im good at clipping balding and hrose holding. LOL!! Jokes but everyone have Fun One day I will get to go . Gotta save save save right thats what its all about working hard to achieve your goals! And that my GOAL!
default_wub.png
:

About the furniture,,,,,,we rent it from rent a center,,,,,,we also get a refrig and tv from them,,,,they deliver and pick it back up,,,,,,go on line and look up rent a centers in tulsa and they will take care of it,,,,,,you will have a great time there,,,,,,,,there is everything you need very close,,,,,grocery, Target and a big drysdale store,,,,,,

everything you need for the horses are in barn c Tony with pro cut,,,,,,star lake tack,,,,,double diamond and ozark mountain,,,,,,plus probaly 15 more vendors,,,,,,

and there is a golf cart rental there,,,,,we get one because the trailer rv parking and the barn is so far away from each other,,,,golf carts are first come first serve,,,,,, :lol: :saludando: :saludando: seeya all there

You will love coming to Nationals. The stalls are 10x10 and can be taken down, just contact the Expo folks as the panels are extremely heavy and bulky. We take 2-4 down for seating areas and for our kitchen area. We also have a couple of folks who take a stall or two to sleep in.

There are several rental business that you can rent furniture from in the Tulsa area. I would suggest that you contact them now--not cheap though--friend did that one year and had a sofa, loveseat and one or two chair--cost was over $300 I believe. There is a LOWES right across the street from the Expo were I believe a lot of folks bought their potted plants --some just left them so I tooks some home to plant in the yard as I'm just 2 yrs from Tulsa.

My son brings over his little hardside popup camper for me and I bring down my golf car as it is quite a HIKE from the RV park to the barns and arena and you will only want to make that walk once if you have leg or back problems. Be prepared as you will be walking on concrete all day long so bring several pairs of shoes--I find that helps me from having trouble with my legs if I change shoes several times during the day.

The Expo does have gas powered golf cars for rent. Yes, it is on a first come first serve basis and they are just east of the RV park area in the Expo Maintenance Building. The cost is a one time fuel fee of $20.00 and the car rents for $50.00/day. I just had to call for a new friend I met who is coming from AZ. There has been a vendor at the show for the last several years that has all types of motorized scooters for sale so that may be something you would want to check into as an alternate form of transportation. Just be aware any motorized transporation on the Expo grounds must be operated by a "LICENSED" driver and the Expo Security is very strict about that.

Also bring locks for your tack stalls and trailers--two years ago there was a rash of trailer thefts at the Expo but that was during the time the Expo was undergoing lots of construction. The trailers were recovered about a month later by the Tulsa police but that did not help folks whose trailers were stolen. We bring not only the horse trailer but a flatbed and just chain the flatbed to the back of the horse trailer and then put a lock on the trailer hitch.

Also last year there were several auto break-ins so be careful about what you keep in your vehicles and make sure it is well hidden. Friend from OH brought her SUV down and it was broken into within plain sight of our stalls not 15 minutes after she parked came to the stalls and went back to get something. Of course it was a target for thiefs as it had a covered satellite dish on top that just screamed electronics inside. One of our other stall mates had her spare tire stolen out from under her truck and did not notice it missing until she was ready to leave the show. Glad she spotted it before she got on the road.

You will want to bring a light/medium weight jacket for yourself as the arena is Air Conditioned and if you set in the stand for long you will get cold.

Hope to see you there. This is my 5th in a row and I save up my vacation just for this--I'd be there even if I was not showing horses. Lots of great horses to watch, catch up with old friends, and make lots of new ones. This is the time I unwind and recharge the old batteries so to speak.

See you there--just 7 more weeks :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk is making me wish it was here already!
default_yes.gif
: This will only be our second time but we're so looking forward to it. I hope that I get to meet lots of forum people while I'm there!! :saludando:

I believe today was the closing date for entries. Really, really early this year. I'm afraid lots of folks didn't realize the new closing date :no:

Pam

WELL -- good job we are not planning to go this year -- we JUST got our premium book to day-- so if they are going to close the entries so early -- then MAYBE they should send them out sooner.

I got my forms off the internet and got them in, but I STILL have not received my showbill from AMHR. They should make some allowance for this if folks want to go and did not get the book.

Jan

This will be my first time also. Anyone showing in the new Western Pleasure class? I need ideas on clothes for this and the pleasure classes

Thanks

Latest posts

Back