AMHR Nationals---Came home with 2 Nat. Res. Champions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
What a great time we had! I drove from Fl. to Ok. with Dale and Roger of Floridas Show Time Training Center. We took 2 trailers and 20 horses and it was really like moving to Ok. WE were there from tues before the start to sunday after it ended. Our group did great and our amateurs and youth did amazingly well. We ended up with 43 top 10 wins, 8 Nat. Res. Champions and 3 Nat Champions. Our youth also got special awards in the youth divisions and Devon, a young man at his 1st Nationals, won the reserve high point youth 7 and under in the show! These kids parents should get on and list all their wins, they did just amazing. And best of all every youth and ammy exhibitor in our group won at least a top 10 ribbon. How cool is that?

This was my first National to show my own horse and I went hoping to get a ribbon. Rio my B driving Gelding has only been in 3 shows this year, 2 since I got him. He has been doing great in Country Pleasure so I entered him in that. But once I took him to the practice ring at Nationals he was so relaxed and I saw he needed to now be in western country. I only brought a few show outfits and nothing country. Rio is a young horse and was broke by an amateur before I got him. He doesnt live at a trainers, I dont have an arena to drive in, we just go out and drive on the roads and trails and usually alone. Well we managed to do pretty good for being little nobodies.

In the Ammy wcp class with about 30 entries we got 8th place!! I was thrilled. We then went on to win a 3rd in Ladies wcp(27 in class) and a Nat. Res. Champion in wcp over 36-38"(13 in class) behind Patty Cloke! I had to be told to move out of the line up and go get my picture taken
default_laugh.png
I just could not believe it. We ended up with the wcp driving stake and again won 3rd out of 17! And Rio showed in stakes as IVAN hit tulsa! Rio knew he should be worried and was on high alert. He spooked in place(flinching only) many times that night, bless his heart, what a good boy
default_aktion033.gif
I could not believe we placed in every WCP we entered and against the pros. Im just so proud of my little Rio .
default_wub.png

Banker, my baby boy
default_wub.png
, won 5th place in youth 13-17 showing junior stallions and he did that as a 1 year old against stallions up to 2 years old(17 in class). Torrie Bachman did a great job showing him and Banker actually behaved for her. The open halter classes were brutal and it was pretty much only the best known handlers that placed in the top 10. But at the last minute I put Banker in solid color and we got a Nat. Res. Champion! So both my boys won a Nat. Reserve Champion. I could not be any prouder of them
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Here are some candid photos taken during the show.

Rio

c0b9d254.jpg

35cf66b0.jpg

68d829b3.jpg

This is blurry but u can see why Rio placed so well, boy can he move!

6ebe1896.jpg

Banker--- Here is Banker with with his buddy Torrie

822d18ee.jpg

Banker showing with Dale

ba615a11.jpg

9757d5de.jpg

I got brave and entered Ammy roadster over and what a trip that was.
default_new_shocked.gif
I am proud to say we survived the class without getting in any wrecks! I heard later from some of the pro trainers that there were several ammy drivers that took in horses who only live with their trainers and were pretty much out of control and going wherever they wanted so it was pretty dangerous in there. They told me I almost got run down in the reverse direction. I was happy as a driver by me made the turn right along with me and we got right back by the rail. What I didnt see was an out of control horse come charging right up on us and almost over us. Its just as well I DIDNT see that, lol.

bf69ea22.jpg

Here we are in the lineup, just happy to have survived!!

e2b60be8.jpg

Congratulations!! You have two very beautiful boys!

I love your appy boy. I can't believe he was originally in country, it looked like he was doing western for a while now. He moved so pretty like a western horse should. He was gorgeous.

you did so well!

i thought i had the kids listed on here but guess its gone! i will relist it now!

WOW!! Good for you!!!! You have every right to be very proud, that is awesome!!!

Like you, I dont have an arena- it's all road work, nor do I have a trainer, so I just LOVE it when someone who just does their own hard work from scratch gets rewarded for all the hard work!!

you did so well!i thought i had the kids listed on here but guess its gone! i will relist it now!
Yes!! Please post all "our" youth wins & placements as these kids did just awesome. I have no claim to any of these kids except the pleasure of seeing them work so hard and do so well but I could not be any prouder if they were my own
default_wub.png

Also your and Micheles husbands ammy wins too. Also Gary and Ruth where are your wins and Keely too got placements in very tough classes. Come on people get busy posting about all our Florida folks wins.

Congratulations on so much success
default_smile.png
I got to watch you in stakes and you guys looked great together! I didn't see the roaster class but sure glad you survived!
default_new_shocked.gif

Congrats on all of your wins!
default_aktion033.gif

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. Hopefully next year!

Oh, I did meet Dale though. He was at the backdrop getting pictures taken. They were having a hard time getting the horse to use his/her ears if I remember right.

Sounds like you had a blast, and you did VERY well!!! Congratulations!!! I guess you'll be paying Oklahoma a visit next year too?
default_saludando.gif

I know you already know it but....WE ARE SUPER PROUD OF YOU !!!
default_new_multi.gif

Thank you for everything you did to help the boys and make the trip possible and Gary, Keely and the kids dreams come true.

Hope to see you soon (maybe this weekend?)

Ruth

HGFarm said:
...so I just LOVE it when someone who just does their own hard work from scratch gets rewarded for all the hard work!!
Ditto!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Rio is a NICE looking horse, moving very correctly, and I love your attitude. (Banker is nice too of course but you know me and my driving horses.
default_wink.png
) Congratulations on a memorable show!

Leia

Congratulations - I saw some of your go in WCP, and he sure did look the part. Very nice horse.
default_smile.png

Jan

ps....did you find a home for that cute puppy?

Big Congratulations! What an awsome job you did! Both of your boys look awsome! I love the appys too! I was only able to be at the show for one day, and I didn't get to meet all of the Appy folks that I would have liked to!

Pam C.

AS you already know I am glad you and your horses did as well as they have. I was happy to be able to watch some of it myself. I see you used the screen shots I got hehe. I figured they would come in handy for showing off. Too bad I didn't think of using it sooner then I did lol. Oh well. At least I got a couple of decent shots.

Back