AMHR NAT Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
The nationals was a huge deal for me and my mom. We meet a few wonderful people and familys and id like to share about one of the familys that i meet that changed my whole additude on life. I met a family that had a 17 year old son with Spina Bifida. There last name is Eckbold and if you are at the nationalss right now you might have a chance to meet the family. While I was there I happened to see there son come in with a few of his show horses in the ring and I noticed that he limped a little and i was very drawed to how well he was placing in the show ring. His name was John and as soon as i had a chance to talk with him I approched and found out that he had spina bifida. I soon asked if they had any horses for sale because I needed to find a nice gelding to drive with that wasnt to much for me to handle. They had a pinto for sale and I went over to there barn to meet the gelding and it was love at first sight. So for the last 2 or 3 days of the time that i was gonna be there me and my mom went to the barn like 2 times a day to see the gelding. John and I got to become great friends in that time and we hung out alot together. I relized that I wanted to remember the notionals and i wanted to remember john and his family so i told my mom I wanted to buy the gelding and She and my dad talked it over and they both said yes. I went back to the barn on the last day and decided to drive the gelding on my own and I did and johns mom and dad where amazed at how well I did with the gelding. My mom told me after that johns mom started sobbing as soon as I started driving the gelding and told my mom she had been praying for a whole year that somone would come along and buy the gelding and i was the one. That night we left the barns to go back to the hotel and to go home. As we left i started crying because I was so sad about having to leave the new family I had meet and I was sad that we had to go. I soon then remembered id have a peice of the family with me and that I wouldnt forget them.

THats the family i meet and bought the gelding from that will be here at my place in 10 days. In that time i will think of them often and thank god for my blessing that i had to wait so long for.

I am so happy to say that i will be back with my filly my colt and the gelding next year at the nationals for he first time showing in the nationals and I will get to see that family again and see alot of other horses. I hope to see john and compete in alot of the same classes as him so that we can be even closer even if i do win the nationals show with his gelding. Thats the fun thing bout buying from a family like johns. He is willing to be nice nd kind and he is okay if I want to do the same things as him even if i win I know he will be happy for me.

I haven't gotten a chance to personally meet John and his family but I have seen them show and John is an amazing individual! He is always happy and really loves his horses and showing.

Congrats on your new boy!

thanks all for replying. it was alot of fun and i enjoyed sharing. I aam very happy about the new gelding as he is very sweet and i know i can do anything with him.

I know the Eckbold very well!! ishow with them in New York this year they asked me to show with them i am so happy i did!!! i showed there horse lucky!! i love them so much!! they are a very nice family!!! There is no one who can compair to that family!! they asked me to come to nationals this year an show lucky cuz i did not have a way to get there with my horses all the way from new york..they told me that i could go with them an show lucky!!! but the sad thing is i could not get the time off from work
default_sad.png
but if i had to pick some one to go with i would love to go with them an stay that week with that family!!! i love the family with all of my hart!!! you got a amazing horse!!! have fun with him!!!

You won't meet a nicer family than John and his parents. My son James helps show their horses for them when we see them at the Delaware or New York show. I wish you luck with your gelding. He is really nice.

Latest posts

Back