AMHR futurity nominations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little lady

Reaction score
To nominate for AMHR futurity for 2013 foal needs to be done before March 1st 2012?

No you need to nominate the sire and dam before that date for this years resulting foal to be in the futurities. Then you have to sustain that foal every year to stay in the futurities.

Thank you!
default_smile.png
So for breedings this year nomimations are due before next March 2013. So if you would purchase a mare in foal(2013) and want the resulting foal nominated could I nominate both the stallion and mare if neither is nominated even if I do not own the stallion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. I believe if you want the 2013 foal to be in the futurities you can give a check to the breeder that owns the stallion because the owner has to be the one to send it in.

For AMHR/ASPC futurities 2012, we would need to:

Nominate any mares due to foal in 2012 and the stallions they are bred to.

Sustain any yearling that was born to a mare/stallion combination that was nominated in 2011

Sustain any 2yr old that was born to a mare/stallion combination that was nominated in 2010

Sustain any 3yr old that was born to a mare/stallion combination that was nominated in 2009

The above needs to be postmarked no later than March 1 of this year.

Super G nominations are to be postmarked no later than April 1 of this year.

For AMHR/ASPC Super G, we would need to

have a stallion/gelding that is currently in the regular futurity.

nominate as a yearling for $25

Sustain as a 2yr old for $25

Sustain as a 3yr old for $100

If already in regular futurity, a stallion/gelding may get into super G any year up to their 3yr old year by paying double for previous years not paid. Must be gelded by 3yr old year to show as a 3yr old in super G classes.

I know this is a bit more than you asked for, but I am hoping it may help someone else.
default_rolleyes.gif

Back