AMHR Convention in Branson Mo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just was wondering who here on the forum was planning on attending the convention. Erica and I will be leaving on Wed. evening , when she gets off work (nov 5) Hope to see alot of you there.
default_biggrin.png

Linda K

So far a number of us "Ol' Broodmares" will be there....Renee LaBarre Reiten, Jodie French, Dot Brockmier, Renee Bush, Linda Tibbs, and myself. We'll be rolling in on Wednesday. Looking forward to it!!

I would definitely love to be there, but will be in Indiana that weekend
default_smile.png
. Take pics, and post stories when you return
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am packing my suitcase now. Wonder what kind of jacket or coat to take. What do you think my odds are of finding Roy Clark and getting him to

sing, Thank God and Grayhound She's gone. I love that song. Dot says we'll find him.
default_aktion033.gif

Tami said that we should go to a place called Silver Dollar City.
default_aktion033.gif

I wonder if they will have the Christmas decorations up. I hope so.
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jean B,

Well, from one "Ol Broodmare" to another, cant wait to see you all there.

Its been about 10 years since I have been to Branson, but I do lots of peoples hair that go ALL THE TIME, and I have heard that they have added lots of shopping malls
default_wink.png

I believe the weekend we are there is the weekend that they light everything up for christmas
default_new_shocked.gif
they say its like nothing you have ever seen . Silver Dollar City is suppose to be like a winter wonderland.

Linda

We'll be there on Friday night after I get off work. We are coming for the Hall Of Fame breakfast. Hope to be able to see the lights. That sounds neat.

Oh, I am getting so excited. I just hope they have some good Water'N Holes. Hot spicey cider sounds good. Winter -Wonderland, Oh, my goodness. I think the convention should be there forever.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Was just in Branson about a month ago. Great place and TONS of great shopping.
default_wink.png

We are planning on coming for the Hall of Fame breakfast. I am really looking forward to it, this will be our first Convention. Please feel welcome to say "Hi" if you see us... I would love to meet as many people as possible while we are there
default_smile.png
Travel Safely, everyone!!!

I am flying down on the 4th with Lea and Jeanne. I had no idea there was lots of good shopping, now I am really excited!
default_laugh.png
Can't wait to see all the Xmas lights too, my favorite time of year!

Pam

Well - once again this year Sharon will be going to convention - I don't get to go. I will be announcing the National Mountain Trail Championships in Eugene, Oregon. But I know Sharon is looking forward to seeing all of you there. Have fun and celebrate my birthday with her please.
default_biggrin.png

Mark Bullington

If you have never been to Branson, or if it's been a long time, you are in for quite a surprise!! It's beautiful with the Christmas decorations. As has been said, lots and lots of shopping places, 2 huge shopping malls. Lots of good entertainment, although in my opinion we will be going to 1 of the best! There are 3 things you need if you are going. 1. PATIENCE, 2. MONEY and 3. SOMETHING WARM TO WEAR!! But you'll surely love the experience. Hope you can make it to Silver Dollar City!!

Pam

P.S. Will be there also

Hey Mark,

So when is your Birthday? Mine is November 13. ( Yes I was actually born on friday the 13th )

I think there is several birthdays in November that will be at convention!!!!!!!

Linda

Just wanted to pop in and say we are going to convention. My very first time, I am totally excited. I also get to pick up Red's HOF, very first HOF, I am so glad he decided to get it this year when it is so close to me, but I would fly anywhere to get it lol.
default_laugh.png

Like Pam said Branson is alot of fun. Great entertainment, fun attractions, great family vacation. I think Silver Dollar City has to be the best. I have only been there once when they had it decorated for Christmas and I was just a lil kid at the time but it was still alot of fun. And if you all are going to Dixie Stampede I have gone to the original one and that is a blast and I heard there Christmas version is even better.

It has been a long time since I have been to Branson and I live pretty darn close. Make sure to wear something warm. Besides inside for the Convention I have a feeling you are going to be staying in the outdoors. Pray for no rain.

Also does anyone have a clue what we are going to be voting on? I see the agenda on the website but it just lists for ASPC stuff and they say for like the youth stuff they didn't get it printed in time. But is there nothing for AMHR to vote on?
default_unsure.png

Here is another group of "Oldies But Goodies" that will be there. Jan Tobey (multihitch), Jan Bryant from AR, and myself are all going. Will be our first convention. Jan T and I will be driving over from OK on Tuesday so that we can get some sightseeing in before convention starts.

Can't wait. Have never been to Branson or Silver Dollar City before. My son and daughter-in-law have as her parents don't live far from there and they say its lots of FUN.

Everyone be safe and we will see you there.

We hadn't planned on the convention and by the time we got the HOF (my 3 yr old filly for halter obstacle) breakfast invitation, it was too late to register. So we are just going "on our own" and will attend the award breakfast. We'll be at the Econo Lodge on Wednesday and plan to take in a few shows before going home.

Linda -

My birthday is November 7th. This will be the third year Sharon will be at Convention during that time. Oh well - at least one of us gets to go. I just wish the Mountain Trail Championship was on a different weekend. Happy birthday to YOU Linda!
default_aktion033.gif

Mark Bullington

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jessica,

We will be told during the General meeting on Saturday where convention will be in 2009. I have seen or heard who has put in a bid to be host next year. Sometimes we will get two years at a time, but it has been quiet this year.

Karen

Hi Jessica,
We will be told during the General meeting on Saturday where convention will be in 2009. I have seen or heard who has put in a bid to be host next year. Sometimes we will get two years at a time, but it has been quiet this year.

Karen
Thank you Karen!

Latest posts

Back