AMHR color, Silvery Buckskin, have not seen this before

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravation Acres

Reaction score
I put on his papers that he was a Silver Buckskin Dun. I also made a note that he had cobwebbing on forehead, dorsal stripe, black points, shoulder bar on the left side. and zebra stribes on all legs just in case they did not see them clearly in the pictures.

On his paperwork his color is listed as Silvery Buckskin. and markings as black points, dorsal stripe.

He is not listed as a dun. Is this because his dam's color was not listed right on her papers. She was a silver dun, out of 2 dun parents, but was only listed as grey.

Should I email AMHR about this. Or just let it be.

Deb

They registered my silver buckskin filly as "silvery" buckskin, too. At first I thought it was a typo, but now I think that's just what they've decided to call it
default_wacko.png
: As to the dun, I'm not sure if they normally list that as a part of the color, or just as a marking.

They wouldn't register my silver bay as a silver bay, they listed him as just a bay.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I'm kind of surprised you got silver or silvery ANYTHING. I wonder if they changed it in the last month or so. This whole colour thing with the registries confuses the daylights out of me.

It really REALLY annoys me that his color on his papers is only half accurate. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get.

I'm not sure contacting them would do any good, but it can't hurt. I just gave up trying to get the right colour on my colt's papers, I figure the bay is closer to accurate than the buckskin he was originally registered as.

I've never had a problem getting a horse registered as a silver bay with AMHR--all the silver bays I've sent in have been correctly registered. My silver buckskin I didn't even try--some on here said that if photos were sent in there wasn't a problem getting silver buckskin, but I didn't feel like bothering. I just sent her in as buckskin. It's half right.

I've got one mare that is registered as sorrel, but in actual fact she is a silver bay dun. I haven't bothered to change her papers. One of her foals I registered as black, but really he is a dark grullo--I haven't bothered to change his papers either. On him I'll see what happens when I make him permanent--his dun markings probably won't show up in photos, so if AMHR sees his photos and is happy to leave him as black I will be too. It's just not worth arguing over color on a gelding. Not even on a mare or stallion, since the Mini registries will register a foal as any color, regardless of what is or isn't possible based on colors of the sire & dam!

In Morgans if you breed chestnut to chestnut the resulting foal better be a chestnut, because the registry would never allow bay. In Minis, there is no such policing of color possibilities!

They wouldn't register my silver bay as a silver bay, they listed him as just a bay.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I'm kind of surprised you got silver or silvery ANYTHING. I wonder if they changed it in the last month or so. This whole colour thing with the registries confuses the daylights out of me.

It really REALLY annoys me that his color on his papers is only half accurate. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get.

I'm not sure contacting them would do any good, but it can't hurt. I just gave up trying to get the right colour on my colt's papers, I figure the bay is closer to accurate than the buckskin he was originally registered as.

Keep trying. They listed my colt as a red dun when I requested silver bay. He really is silver bay! So I just sent them a letter and an updated pic and they changed it to silver bay.

Keep trying. They listed my colt as a red dun when I requested silver bay. He really is silver bay! So I just sent them a letter and an updated pic and they changed it to silver bay.

I sent them pictures, and requested the change, I called before hand and asked about it and they said he could not be registered as a silver bay but he could be registered as a bay or... um... chestnut I think. When I sent the papers in I also wrote a note and paid for the colour correction on his papers, explained that he had been registered as a buckskin, but he was actually silver bay, pointed out the features that show he is silver bay, but I at this point I was sick of trying and gave up. I told them to just register him as what ever they thought was most accurate so I could have my papers back. So I got bay.

I'll try again when I get him gelded, but honestly I am not going to send in more money to do ANOTHER colour change over this.

The funny thing is, I WANTED a bay... just a plain old boring bay. Silver bay is one of my least favorite colours (I've had so many I am sick of it). So he may be my least favorite colour but according to his papers I got what I wanted. lol.

Latest posts

Back