AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This years World Show was our third attended and was the best yet! The numbers were up from the previous two years and I’ve never seen such miniature horse quality concentrated in one place. There were a few controversies, but there always seems to be a few of those at any show.

The competition was incredible and I saw a few horses that went supreme all year long receive the gate at this AMHA World Show. What an honor it was just to qualify for and have the opportunity to participate. We thought it would be years, if ever, before we would come home with a World Championship award but came home with two this year along with a Reserve Championship, top fives, and top tens. All three of our contenders came home with honor, even the ones with spots, and we couldn’t be more proud or grateful. Definitely the highest of highs!

Conder’s Miss Ocala “Miss O”…2 x AMHA World Champion…Special Thanks to Chris O'Cull, Duane, Emily Conder, and Chandler Marks

misso07julipcup.jpg

CCMF Legacy’s Legend “Legend”…AMHA Reserve World Champion and Top Ten…Special thanks to Kriss Calao of Viadera Training Center

legendrunright06.jpg

Lost Spoke’s Winter Dream Catcher “Catch”…AMHA World Top Five…Special Thanks to Amanda Jones of Just Won Training Center

catchleftback.jpg

It was also an incredible treat to watch a couple Celebration Tennessee Tyme “Tymer” offspring Traveler and Trooper and Tymer half brothers “Celebration’s Tennessee Talent”, “Celebration’s Tennessee Tribute” along with their offspring strutting their stuff and taking top placings in the driving classes. This makes us incredible anxious with the arrivals of his first foals for us next spring that are bred to many of our best app mares.

Celebration’s Tennesee Tyme “Tymer”…Tymer Partnership with Sunbreaks Ranch

tymer9_05hbg.jpg

Our lowest began on Thursday when we received a call that one of our best yearling app fillies got her hind legs caught in the fence and the outcome didn’t sound good. Upon arriving home on Sunday we verified the severity of the injury and she was put down the following day. Definitely the lowest of lows and my husband Tommy and I are both physically and emotionally spent.

Anyway, the AMHA World Show was incredible and we are already hoping to qualify and attend again next year. Another high point of the show was the opportunity to see “Prince” in person over with Lee, putting names to faces of the AMHA office staff, rebonding with old and meeting many new friends, and the opportunity of seeing first hand where our miniature horse breed is headed. Special thanks to everyone that worked so hard to put on the AMHA Show and to everyone that brought their gorgeous horses to compete at the AMHA World. You had us in awe the entire time!

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your placings that is wonderful.

I am so sorry for your loss I have gotten those awful phone calls while I was at Nationals and there is nothing tht can make you feel more helpless

Tommy and Dawn. I am so sorry to hear about your filly. :no: And congratulations on all your wins. You guys deserve it. Your horses are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!

OH NO!!! I am so sorry to hear about your filly!!! That is terrible news.
default_crybaby.gif
:

Congratulations on all of your placings, it sounds like your breeding program is heading straight down the right path! VALIDATION! And Tymer's kids are proving to be something to be reckoned with, eh? How cool is that!!!

:no: i am so sorry for your lose of your filly.Which filly was it? All your foals are very nice. I really like your stud Catcher.

Congrats on your wins. :aktion033:

you all have very nice horses. :bgrin

Whoopie! I thought I saw Catch at one point but I didn't know if it was him or not...now i'm sure it was! So sorry to hear about your filly...that's got to be just horrible to come home to
default_sad.png
but she has moved on to a better, pain free place now.

Congrats on your wins!!! Miss O was definitely a great girl for you!

First sorry for your loss....

[SIZE=18pt]CONGRATULAIONS [/SIZE] :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I am starting to like those spots......... :bgrin

Congratulations on your wins!! :aktion033:

I would have loved to have seen Tymers offspring at the show! You are so lucky to be expecting Tymer foals, his offspring are just awesome!!

I also want to add that I am so very sorry for the loss of your filly...

I am so sorry for your loss, but you know how thrilled I was for your wonderful show.

When I got home, I found that I had lost a two year old Xenon daughter to a rattlesnake bite, and a weanling filly to unknown causes while I was at the show, so I share your "low", too.

I am so sorry for your loss, but you know how thrilled I was for your wonderful show.
When I got home, I found that I had lost a two year old Xenon daughter to a rattlesnake bite, and a weanling filly to unknown causes while I was at the show, so I share your "low", too.
tony,

sorry to here of your loss as well. i know your minis won as well. :bgrin

Congratulations on your World success, your horses were lovely. I am sorry for your loss as well - and yours too Tony - terrible thing to come home to.

Jan

Congratulations on such a good show. Nice to read about your positive experiences and wonderful succeses!

So sorry for you loss though - those are always so traumatizing. We lost a favorite mare last year to a severe fracture - it really does take a toll.

Dawn, Tommy (and Tony too),

So sorry for all your losses! But also, so happy for you on such a wonderfully accomplished show year!

Sincerest Condolences and Congratulations,

Tanya

Hey,

I too, am so sorry you lost your filly
default_sad.png

The World Show was amazing, the competition TOUGH!

Congratulations on your placings!

~Sandy

Dawn and Tommy --

Congratulations on your wins!

I am so sorry about your filly.

Jill

I am sorry for your loss I feel your pain!! I lost 2 Horses, 1 dog and 2 birds this year

What was the Filly's name?

Congrats on your wins!
It sounds like many have had recent heartbreak and my heart goes out to all of you.
default_sad.png
For those that asked, the filly's name was Lacy. We are planning to put in a small driving arena where she is buried and name it after her.

Dawn :saludando:

I would like to thank you so much for letting Christopher show Miss O she was so well behaved Emily did such a good job with her for a 4 year old to show and win.

Wow, what a wild week for you. I don't know what to say except congrats on your placings and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Back