AMHA WORLD SHOW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob r

Reaction score
WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BRING ENOUGH LOCKS AND CHAINS TO LOCK UP YOUR STALLS AT THE WORLD SHOW, THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE STAYING AT THE GROUNDS WHO NORMALLY AREN'T THERE. IF YOU WANT MORE INFO, EMAIL ME:

[email protected]

We heard about this at Nationals. Also heard its keeping alot of people away too. I was so hoping it wasn't true.

Yep heard it while at Nationals, but also heard when I got back home that they were trying to have these people moved before we arrived. Cross your fingers. Uggh cant believe this! Glad the R Nationals was a success!

The word I got from AMHA last week was that most of the evacuees staying on the grounds were expected to be relocated by World. With another hurricane headed for the coast, the situation could certainly change for the worse for everyone. One thing I did hear _ but wasn"t able to confirm _ was that they are using the showers in the Coliseum, which are the ones we use when we stay on the grounds.

Jan

Below is part of the monthly report that AMHA president Bob Kane on this subject:

The rumor was also flowing around the AMHR Show that the stalls at Will Rogers were filled with sick horses from the rescued States. That is untrue. Will Rogers reported they did not receive any resuce horses from the devastations of Katrina. They did, however receive 500 homeless evacuees and that number is way down now and there may be just a few left by the time we arrive. There is Security in their area, but if possible I would like to welcome them to sit in our stands and enjoy the Horse Show, if just to forget their problems for a few hours.

I also understand that portable showers have been brought in for these people.

Latest posts

Back