AMHA temp to perm...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Howdy all. I just realized tonight that I have two mares whose AMHA papers need to be brought permanate this year. One has papers that expired in March and the other was in June. I know there is a late fee/higher charge for any papers over 6 months. What I'm concerned about and think I understand is that, according to the AMHA website, any horse with papers not brought permanate after 42 months (3.5 yrs)of age will have revoked papers. Both of my horse's registration papers were good until they turn 5 yrs of age, which was this year (2010).

One horse's papers are almost 9 months past due, the other is only 5 months. The AMHA website has a free voucher for revoked papers valued at $25 - basically the price of a regular update/brought temp to perm fee within 6 months.

Should I just send in the voucher for $25 for the horse with the papers past the 6 months and $25 for the other horse who's papers are with the 6 months? Or should I just send in the regular fees per the customer work order, total of $75?

I'm really confused and a little worried that my one horse isn't going to get their papers brought permenate because of my lack of attention to this situation.

Thanks for all your help!

Becky M.

I would call AMHA to find out for sure.

You have 6 months after the horse's 5th birthday. So if you send in the June mare, you're fine! Send in $25 for her.

The other mare, print off the voucher (I don't think you even actually have to)

And send in $25 for her also.

I think you're good to go!

I would call AMHA to find out for sure.

You have 6 months after the horse's 5th birthday. So if you send in the June mare, you're fine! Send in $25 for her.

The other mare, print off the voucher (I don't think you even actually have to)

And send in $25 for her also.

I think you're good to go!

Hi, I just permanented three mares, three geldings and my stallion. they were all revoked as it was over a year. I sent in a voucher for each one that I printed off the web site and paid the regular price. I have all my papers back and everyone is permanent. No problem. It took about 4 weeks to get them. I will never let them lapse again. Thank goodness I had the voucher and AMHA accepted them. the vouchers are only good until dec 31 so you do need to get your papers in.

cyndia

I haveone mare whose papers say valid till 2011 and three valid till 2012.

Are they all to be brought permanent now?

Any horse that is 3 or 4 years old this year, you can do it now or wait until they turn five. All 5 year olds should be taken permanent this year. I have a 2 year old stallion whose papers expire in 2013 but I can take him permanent next year at 3 or wait until 2013, its my choice. I have a weanling colt whose papers expire in 2013, I have to take him permanent as a 3 year old then.

Latest posts

Back