AMHA - if there were a B division...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the AMHA created a B division, and made it relatively cheap to register your AMHR horses with the

• I WOULD double register my B stock, AMHA/AMHR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would NOT double register my B stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If I had overs, I would. I don't, though, and have no interest in raising overs.

If they go over, they go over, it happens.

But I am not interested in a third registry, either, in any case.

My herd is dual reg. A/R and any A's that go over would be R Over only.

Not interested in being deceptive, either, so I'm not one of those w/a bunch of 36" horses that are registered as 34" either.

Liz M.

B's in AUSTRALIA

I think the Australian registries have got it right. In Australia, our registries cater for both section A's (34 and under) and section B's (34-38"). Section As are referred to as miniature horse and section Bs as small horse. Our State Shows and National Show hold classes for both in both halter and performance and they are not short of entries. A lot of our local shows are also now holding classes for B's. People have A's and B's and want to be able to show both. We have had a big attendance of section Bs at the local shows in my area and they are growing in popularity. Give the public what they want! I personally wont attend a show that only holds section A classes. My show team is made up of A's and B's and so I prefer to support those shows who hold classes for both heights.

The B's do not sell for as much as the A's and a lot of people prefer to breed only A's.... but you cannot deny there are a lot of B's out there. Most big time breeders of A horses have a B in their paddock. They also have B's that produce A's.

I think it is very sad that a B horse has to be condemned to going to waste in the paddock simply b/c it grew an inch or two too tall. It is also a shame that the horse must lose its papers especially if it produces A's.

If the public want to register their B's, then they should be able to. The horse should be clearly classified as a B and must compete in B classes. Its a win win situation for AMHA financially and the public. AMHA should take a look at Australia and see that it can be done successfully.

Samantha

http://www.sabledesign.com/kingpark

National Champion Halter and Performance Horses in Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
King Park thank you for your reply! I found it very interesting.

I LOVE the verbiage "Miniature horse" versus "Small horse" as it denotes one type is small and the other miniature. It sounds wonderful!

I think it is important to see what others are doing and determine if it's an idea worth considering.

Andrea

King Park thank you for your reply! I found it very interesting.

I LOVE the verbiage "Miniature horse" versus "Small horse" as it denotes one type is small and the other miniature. It sounds wonderful!

I think it is important to see what others are doing and determine if it's an idea worth considering.

Andrea
Hi

They use the term "MINIATURE HORSE" for A's and "SMALL HORSE" for B's to make it clear that miniatures are under 34" and that B's are not miniatures. I think it makes it easier for the public to understand the difference.

New Zealand registries also cater for B's - small horses.

Samantha

http://www.sabledesign.com/kingpark

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep wishing that AMHA would even briefly open the registry and having REASONABLE charges to register AMHR minis. I would do it. But they make it diffcult and expensive.

It sure would bring some cash into AMHA, and help some of us too.

Latest posts

Back