AMHA Hardshipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
I have a couple of mares I plan on hardshipping into AMHA. They each have one foal, one is a weanling and one a yearling colt, I would also like to hardship. If the mares are hardshipped can I register the foals or will they still need to be hardshipped??? Also what is the inspection process for approval?

First the inspection is done by a director. You send into the AMHA office for a hardship to be done. Wanda will contact the closest director to you. The director will contact you to do the inspection. I would have the offspring inspected at the same time.

The inspection looks at teeth, size and structure. They can't have more than one undesirable trait. I can send you a list if you need. They are things like off bites, crooked legs, head longer than the neck etc

The offspring can be hardshipped at a lower rate once the dam is hardshipped in.

[SIZE=14pt]I have a mare whose father was hardshipped last spring ,,,, her mother already was amha. I will hardship her this winter for half price in a progeny hardship for 300.00.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Do the foals still have to be 5 before they can be registered??

Do the foals still have to be 5 before they can be registered
No, any previous foal up to the age of 5 can be registered at half the regular hardship fee.

[SIZE=14pt]Once they are five it goes up to the regular hardship price so it is beneficial to get it done early.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back