AMHA Hardshipping Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
During some of my website "surfing"....I recently noticed a 2004 filly for sale who was AMHR registered....but owner said she was being "hardshipped" into AMHA this year along with her dam. ??????????? I have never hardshipped, so admittedly am not up on the rules regarding that nowdays....but didn't know you could do this. How is this accomplished? Enlighten me...please!?
biggrin.gif

wacko.gif
I'm surprised. No, I don't think this is possible, unless they hardshipped the mare before the day the baby was born. But if that's not the case, then the baby will have to wait until it is five years old. At least, that's what I always thought.

Prodigy can be "hardshipped" in at a reduced price (1/2 priced) and of course Pd'Qed. Prodigy can not exceed five years in age, after five regular hardship prices apply. Don't know if they have to be inspected as well or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understood when i hardshipped my mare, foal already was born, that the foal could be progeny 1/2 price registered in anytime...before the 4th or 5th birthday, not sure which....as long as she met the height requirements for her age as per AMHA showing, like yearling height etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the new Progeny hardship that was put into effect a few years ago. Yes the prodgeny will have to be inspected, but they get a cut rate fee and don't have to wait until age 5. This was put into being to try to make things a little easier for you since AMHA knew most hardshipped animals at age 5 already had at least one offspring.

It is all spelled out in your rule book. If you don't have an up to date one, you can just email AMHA and ask for a new one. 2006 will be out by the Annual mtg in FL.

Thanks guys!
saludando.gif
That answers my question. I've been a member of this forum for more years than I care to remember (from the beginning!) but I'm always learning new things here!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back