AMHA/AMHR Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi

I don't know if this topic was ever brought up before and if it has I have never seen it. :bgrin

Anyway, I have been thinking of foal names and trying to include a part of a name in my horses pedigree for part of a foal name and got to thinking that maybe you are not supposed to use certain names of specific horses in a pedigree
default_unsure.png
: ... So my question is ...Is there any names that we are not to use in picking a name?
default_smile.png
Our foals will carry our ranch name but I just want to make sure I dont make a mistake on picking a name out.

For instance: One of my horses is a Rowdy Grand Daughter so I wanted to try to use Rowdy in that foals name somewhere after my ranch name...
default_yes.gif
: Is that exceptable?

Thanks In Advance! :bgrin

Jeri

Absolutely, you can certainly use Rowdy in your names. The only things really off-limit are other farms registered prefixes and "off-color" names. That said, Rowdy, Buckeroo and other popular - and prolific - names have been used many many times.

Jan

Just be very careful in AMHR as they have allowed very common words to be purchased as suffixes such as Diamond -nor can you use Diamonds"s" and Dixie -you cannot end a name with those even if you precede it with your own prefix.. and there are many, many more. Generally when you use names like you are talking about there will be another word after it so it makes it hard. I've not run into this myself but have a couple friends who have and are very frustrated again this year because it happened again.

Sure just be sure not use it as a first or last word. When I did Treasure I discovered "Treasure" is reserved so we had to change it around to Diminutives Treasure's Secret Gold.

Thank You Everyone! :bgrin Is there any way I can find out what names are reserved??? :new_shocked:

I will just have to try the names I am picking out and then have a couple of back up names available.. :bgrin

Jeri

Latest posts

Back